• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

I agree, Albert.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

very much, indeed.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        I agree, Albert.
        I'm quite excited to see what GBS has in store though, especially given how much you wrote that it moved you!

I have only been able to handle just a little bit of his work and although I don't think I can personally pull it off, I can really appreciate the sheer amount of work each piece has put into it. True handmade construction at its best.
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

We need new brands to discuss and torment...who are the up & comers these days? I'm tired of talking about how awful Raf/Jil have become, etc.

On the same-ish topic, why don't brands like Lost & Found have runway shows? If they have funding from Cartier, they can surely afford...or is it not fitting with the brand image? I guess I should be thankful...runway=popularity=downward spiral? Discuss.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Patroklus
            Banned
            • Feb 2011

Most designers would fare a lot better if they released whenever the fuck the collection is ready. That doesn't make good business sense, especially in the fashion industry as is, but it makes a lot more artistic sense. Additionally, every season I see a lot of collections that would be improved significantly if they were smaller. Robert Geller comes to mind here; I can't think of a single collection that didn't have a couple of strong and original pieces surrounded by reissues of old bullshit from Dior and Lanvin.

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
              Most designers would fare a lot better if they released whenever the fuck the collection is ready. That doesn't make good business sense, especially in the fashion industry as is, but it makes a lot more artistic sense. Additionally, every season I see a lot of collections that would be improved significantly if they were smaller. Robert Geller comes to mind here; I can't think of a single collection that didn't have a couple of strong and original pieces surrounded by reissues of old bullshit from Dior and Lanvin.
              a la Alaia
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                We need new brands to discuss and torment...who are the up & comers these days? I'm tired of talking about how awful Raf/Jil have become, etc.

On the same-ish topic, why don't brands like Lost & Found have runway shows? If they have funding from Cartier, they can surely afford...or is it not fitting with the brand image? I guess I should be thankful...runway=popularity=downward spiral? Discuss.
                Runway shows are VERY expensive and are a major pain in the ass. And once you are on that treadmill and you get off it, it's perceived as a sign of weakness. I think some brands work better in the showroom situation, where it's more about the garment itself and less about building an aesthetic universe.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Runway shows are VERY expensive and are a major pain in the ass. And once you are on that treadmill and you get off it, it's perceived as a sign of weakness. I think some brands work better in the showroom situation, where it's more about the garment itself and less about building an aesthetic universe.
                  Fair enough...I guess for those of us that don't get to experience the showroom, it's hard to get excited about the upcoming releases.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

That's why you've got me and lowrey! Lots of showroom pics forthcoming.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

That's why you've got me and lowrey! Lots of showroom pics forthcoming.
                      Excellent!

Comment

• shah
                        • Jul 2009

no more extreme dropcrotch !

Comment

• Rosenrot
                          • Aug 2010

Don't understand the hype over Karl Lagerfeld
                          Originally posted by Patroklus
                          Better too adventurous than not enough
                          everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• shah
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by DRRRK
                            From hippies to hipsters. Beards.
                            hey i been had beards !! and neither hippy nor hipster. nor hip.

Originally posted by Rosenrot View Post
                            Don't understand the hype over Karl Lagerfeld
                            dont hate because he holds dolls of himself.

Comment

• Rosenrot
                              • Aug 2010

He even made it to a Pokemon forum
                              Originally posted by Patroklus
                              Better too adventurous than not enough
                              everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰