Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ProfMonnitoff
    • Jan 2007

Grailed has driven up the used market prices for a lot of stuff. It's good for sellers as they get more money now for the most part (at the expense of having to deal with a bunch of mouthbreathers), it's good for people who want to pay market value for used clothing as the site has made it a lot more accessible than it was before. The only people it's really bad for is bargain hunters. There aren't many bargains to be had there.
    Originally posted by jogu
    i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• gregor
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
      There aren't many bargains to be had there.
      not on grailed, but grailed hasn't affected the prices of all other markets, and i've still had no issues finding stuff for cheap. beyond our own board hosting some great stuff there's japan and other forums a plenty.

Comment

• Arkady
        • Apr 2011

I'm confused at these statements, I'm pulling BNWT BBS at 70% off+ all the time? I don't think it's jacked prices up at all, I think it's just lapsed people's patience a bit.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Going through Stone Island's archives, it's interesting to see how much they have done before Poell - and I'm talking ten years or more - garment dying, taped seams, detached seams for articulated movement, reflective surfaces, rip-stop, etc.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Going through Stone Island's archives, it's interesting to see how much they have done before Poell - and I'm talking ten years or more - garment dying, taped seams, detached seams for articulated movement, reflective surfaces, rip-stop, etc.
            Stone Island is steeped in Military design. Many of the ideals Poell uses are not new ideas, what is different about them is his appropriation of them from military/ utilitarian garments into high fashion experimental tailoring.

We were using these ideas in military garments a long time.
            Taped seam for underwater aquatic gear and bio hazard suits to prevent any kind of penetration of water/ chemicals.

We were using rip stop etc.... I still respect his use of them in aesthetic ways though,
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I know, his idea was to take these elements and apply them to tailoring, thus making it modern. Which is great. What's not great is the mythology that has sprung up around him, making him some kind of Leonardo Da Vinci.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• 13we2
                • Sep 2015

...making him some kind of Leonardo Da Vinci.
                Haha coincidentally the name I was about to say as I read your post...

Comment

• stagename
                  • Oct 2011

Seems like G is stepping up their game:

Online menswear marketplace, Grailed, has announced a curated archive sale showcasing some of the rarest fashion gems from brands like Rick Owens, Raf Simons, Saint Laurent, UNDERCOVER, Supreme and more. Aptly dubbed the Grailed 100, the collection of 100 pieces was carefully selected by the team at the New York-based e-commerce site, and will go on sale using Grailed’s unique offer-based system. “Our goal is to surface and supply the clothing we love to our fellow enthusiasts at the best possible prices,” said the Grailed staff.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Look at this collection of abominations. This is our culture?

Youth and pop culture provocateurs since 1991. Fearless fashion, music, art, film, politics and ideas from today's bleeding edge. Declare Independence.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Arkady
                      • Apr 2011

Look at this collection of abominations. This is our culture?

http://www.dazeddigital.com/dazed100
                      Who? I know three or four people on here perhaps. No culture of mine, but then survival in the ranks of the wicked always meant crafting your own micro-cultures.
                      Last edited by Arkady; 02-08-2016, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

Ugh, Faust - I share your concern. Although the 2 people I know on there are special (obvious bias) and one of them used to be a member here and introduced me sz, so he deserves to be on that list. :)
                        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Arkady
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                          one of them used to be a member here and introduced me sz, so he deserves to be on that list. :)
                          In that case it'd be Faust who goes on the list, not your friend who's a cultural revolutionary because they have the internet

Comment

• Fuuma
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                            In that case it'd be Faust who goes on the list, not your friend who's a cultural revolutionary because they have the internet
                            Not going to click on the article but I'll go ahead and assume the person was selected for some other characteristic than their membership on SZ.
                            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Arkady
                              • Apr 2011

That is, indeed, the joke.

As a friend put it, "I can't believe they included 100 photos of the same person."

I'm trying to articulate the millennial "kinda shitty kinda visionary for being this shitty" netkid kopster vibe this particular zeitgeist is conjuring but having some trouble. Well, perhaps that's it right there.

Funny I haven't noticed much of anyone but holding companies or asset management firms actively "shaping" culture.

Comment

• Fuuma
                                • Sep 2006

By culture they probably mean their little corner of it so, fair enough. I'm just a little bit too culturated (culturatered? cultidated? whatever) to join the Homo festivus gang bang.
                                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎