X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickefuge
    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by gustavobradley View Post
    It's definitely a rise in hype that's doing it, and general free-market economics applies accordingly. I'll admit that I'm guilty of wanting one, in part because of the hype around it (they look awesome), but also because I haven't been able to find a hefty canvas tote in that exact colour and shape to replace it.
    I can send you one for free if you pay shipping.
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Law
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
      Balenciaga SS17 Men's

Comment

• Law
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Lol. What a fiasco. Can't wait for the fashion media to get into the filetio line.
        Apparently he didn't come out for a wave/bow, he thinks he's Margiela.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
          • Sep 2008

Rick Owens...wtf is he doing?...

Comment

• Nickefuge
            • Nov 2014

Issey Miyake SS17 – D A M N
            "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Arkady
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
              Issey Miyake SS17 – D A M N
              Post it!

Comment

• gustavobradley
                • Jun 2016

Any Dries fans here? I'm loving the SS17 collection, especially the knitwear, embroidered coats/jackets and the rope details

Comment

• PurpleHost
                  • Jun 2016

Originally posted by gustavobradley View Post
                  Any Dries fans here? I'm loving the SS17 collection, especially the knitwear, embroidered coats/jackets and the rope details
                  Yeah, count me in... very very beautiful

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

One of the worst trends of what this fashion season's attendees were wearing, you ask? Easy - those Thrasher magazine tees. They were like a plague and half of the people wearing them looked like they never held a skateboard in their hands. Fucking posers.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lex1017
                      • Jul 2015

FUCK I HATE THOSE THINGS. The odd thing about skating now-a-days is skateboarders co-sign that kind of shit. It's cool to suck at skating but look cool now. Kind of a parallel to the fashion hipster industry. Wait... Is skateboarding the single driving force inspiring all this bullshit clothing/production? My mind is going to explode.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I am pretty sure the newish Supreme store in Paris has facilitated this. It was full of these tees. It's cool to wear Supreme.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nickefuge
                          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          I am pretty sure the newish Supreme store in Paris has facilitated this. It was full of these tees. It's cool to wear Supreme.
                          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• saniityhd
                            • Dec 2013

Ive recently started enjoying brands like Massimo Alba and Tender Co more ( mostly due to their fits and dyeing techniques ), which has gotten me thinking. Since their overall aesthetic doesnt match mine at all, I have found some pieces from them both that might be the best ones I have felt/looked at. Its a weird mix with the rest of my wardrobe.
                            Being a person that reads forums like this one alot, I have heard alot of people who doesnt like to mix brands too much, which I personally have never understood. Of course, some brands might generally produce garments that you find a liking for more often, but how come we are so fixed when it comes to the brands we buy from/carry?

Not a negative question, just want to know what makes you niche into a specific brand and that brand only etc?

Comment

• gustavobradley
                              • Jun 2016

I think brand loyalty can be built on a lot of things, whether it be purely aesthetic, functional (in terms of how it fits you), ethics, etc. I personally like to mix and match with different brands, and I find it fun to try and bridge what I like about them into a cohesive aesthetic. That said, there are also brands that I like that I've accepted do not go with my wardrobe, and don't buy because of that.

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
                                • Sep 2015

I've more or less committed my wardrobe to purely shades of black & some white from now on because of how indecisive I am and how pretty much all of these items can all be used in tandem with each other without a second thought, which lends to more styling tricks. The brands that happen to cater to me generously on this spectrum are rather "experimental" which is a relative word, considering where we are; that, too, of course plays in to my taste.

I haven't totally ruled out some splashes of color within my wardrobe, which more "traditional" brands such as Alba and Tender tend to work with; Zam and By Walid have made some primarily black and white pieces with some colors that have made me soften up on this. However, there's a point where I recognize "that's a well-made piece of clothing," but there's just no way it would fit within my wardrobe without either compromising the coloration or near-inherent synergism.

If I continue to buy items from the same/similar brands I love, then I'll have little to no problem incorporating them in to my wardrobe. I can heartily appreciate companies outside of this "niche" I'm in, whether it be for their patterning, ethical practices, etc., but their clothing, more often than not, is like mixing oil and water in my case.
                                who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎