X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arkady
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
    That was extremely demystifying, thanks man.

Comment

• Law
      • Dec 2013

Wasn't there some uproar few years ago because Abercrombie and Fitch were burning unsold garments, as opposed to giving them to the homeless.

Comment

• jimmycs
        • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Law View Post
        Wasn't there some uproar few years ago because Abercrombie and Fitch were burning unsold garments, as opposed to giving them to the homeless.
        That sounds crazy, yet from the maker's standpoint, it makes sense.

Comment

• Nickefuge
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Law View Post
          Gee, Quinn – they’re homeless, but they´re not desperate.

"The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
            That was extremely demystifying, thanks man.
            any time.
            Originally posted by unwashed
            Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
            Originally posted by Ahimsa
            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• blackdeath
              • Apr 2016

while looking for another copy of the book my dear bomb for a friend i was astonished to figure out what the book is going for! it makes me thankful for this community in particular keeping on the up and up on things pertaining to our universe.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by blackdeath View Post
                while looking for another copy of the book my dear bomb for a friend i was astonished to figure out what the book is going for! it makes me thankful for this community in particular keeping on the up and up on things pertaining to our universe.
                Yes, it's kind of nuts, and one of those rare times I completely missed the plot.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                  • Jan 2007

Gave mine away after reading it because I don't like having too much stuff around the house, would ask for it back if it wasn't such a rude thing to do.

I'm confused as to why the price is so high now though. As much as I love Yohji, it's not a particularly good/insightful book.
                  Originally posted by jogu
                  i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

I also don't understand it, Prof.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DudleyGray
                      • Jul 2013

I still can't wrap my head around fall/winter pieces that don't have sleeves. Do I need hairier arms or something?
                      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• blackdeath
                        • Apr 2016

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                        I still can't wrap my head around fall/winter pieces that don't have sleeves. Do I need hairier arms or something?
                        i get it for layering under outwear with tight sleeves. trying to stuff a sweater into the arms rick leather can leave you looking like you're wearing a fancy snowsuit. its just a shame these pieces are made functionally to be worn with other pieces and not by themselves.

Comment

• SafetyKat
                          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                          the more common thing is for brands to showcase their collections in Paris as showrooms or in fashion shows and then have the stores order what they want and the producers only have to make what is order essentially taking no risk
                          I agree, its the most common because it's the most logical from an efficiency point of view. I can also see why this method might be a substantial contributor for an over-saturated market. Finishing my first internship for a luxury designer really opened my eyes as to how many truly ambitious concepts are shot down before the sample even reaches production due to the constraints buyers have playing it safe.

Law I mean, if you're running low on fuel forging for Lord Sauron's army you might as well throw in your factory runoff too.

Last edited by SafetyKat; 08-08-2016, 11:44 PM. Reason: Image

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                            I, too, have always had a hard time with this. I can see it making more sense for athletic gear where you need free movement of your arms and are doing cardio so your body temperature is elevated enough to keep the cold away. The only sleeveless piece I have is the BBS vest, because it is just too badass not to own, but I have to be quite careful styling it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SafetyKat View Post
                              I agree, its the most common because it's the most logical from an efficiency point of view. I can also see why this method might be a substantial contributor for an over-saturated market. Finishing my first internship for a luxury designer really opened my eyes as to how many truly ambitious concepts are shot down before the sample even reaches production due to the constraints buyers have playing it safe.
                              Yep, American retailers are especially to blame. Of course, in the end, it's the American consumer that's to blame.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Yep, American retailers are especially to blame. Of course, in the end, it's the American consumer that's to blame.

well, Yes and no.
                                I an vouch for the fact that there is a huge base of consumers who are into edgy out there fashion that is not served buy American stores.
                                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎