• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimmycs
    • Mar 2014

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
    Farfetch: LA Style

aka every fashion-bro's guide to overpriced sweatpants and t-shirts with holes
    That's funny, although I must agree. Few months back, bought one of the Palm Angels' t-shirt, which was decent but rather steep priced for a simple t-shirt with Palm Angels logo in gold.

As a side note, reading under that designer's description of F. Ragazzi, it mentioned Top LA Tip: Hotel Bel Air, which I stayed few years back and was very nice if one wishes for the ambience of 50s and 60s. Highly recommended.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Does anyone remember a female fashion rapper talking about liking the "goth ninja" style in an interview? I could have sworn it was Azalea Banks in i-D, but I can't find anything.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stagename
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Does anyone remember a female fashion rapper talking about liking the "goth ninja" style in an interview? I could have sworn it was Azalea Banks in i-D, but I can't find anything.
        Levinson, Lauren (2013), “Lollapalooza 2013: Angel Haze Has Serious Swagger,” Elle Magazine, Culture News, accessed on May 23rd, 2014. Available at http://www.elle.com/news/culture/ang...ooza-interview.

Not sure why the full interview is not loading but Angela Haze referenced it word for word in that article.

She said she had “always been into Rick Owens, like Raf Simons' goth ninja style”.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by stagename View Post
          Levinson, Lauren (2013), “Lollapalooza 2013: Angel Haze Has Serious Swagger,” Elle Magazine, Culture News, accessed on May 23rd, 2014. Available at http://www.elle.com/news/culture/ang...ooza-interview.

Not sure why the full interview is not loading but Angela Haze referenced it word for word in that article.

She said she had “always been into Rick Owens, like Raf Simons' goth ninja style”.
          Yes, that was the one! Thanks, I can always rely on SZ!
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stagename
            • Oct 2011

Yes, that was the one! Thanks, I can always rely on SZ!
            No worries was quite timely was working on this this morning

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by stagename View Post
              No worries was quite timely was working on this this morning
              It's too bad that quote is gone.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                • Jul 2013

It's too bad that quote is gone.
                Who inspires you style? I will be into Ron Owens, like Raf Simons' goth ninja style. I really like it genuinely celebrity. I'm bad at being girly, however appreciate it glossy and [lots of] leather. Furthermore, it must be vibrant, but also for my dark aura. It must look wonderful.Are you currently presently happy that punk has came back? Totally. I am still punk as [bleep], right?
                Probably actually said Rick Owens but I took the quote from some spam site.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Opened my outerwear closet today and almost cried. I wish this fucking summer would go away already.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Caetano
                    • Apr 2014

Is it just an impression or Rick is not selling well anymore? Just checked his online store and runway pieces are still there, with virtually all the sizes. Even the basic stuff is not selling out as quick as it used to be. Maybe the over drapey thing is to blame for that...
                    “Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain." William Faulkner

Comment

• jimmycs
                      • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Caetano View Post
                      Is it just an impression or Rick is not selling well anymore? Just checked his online store and runway pieces are still there, with virtually all the sizes. Even the basic stuff is not selling out as quick as it used to be. Maybe the over drapey thing is to blame for that...
                      If that is so, count me as one because I am loosing interest for already having too many RO items. More of the similar is not a choice.

Comment

• Lex1017
                        • Jul 2015

If that's the case it's good for the people who actually like the clothes.

Comment

• neongud
                          • Mar 2013

They restock a lot the last few seasons I've noticed.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

You are aware that it's August, right?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

Yea, the stock of the webstore is weird, thing will disappear then come back. I'm guessing it's unsold inventory for their boutiques being put up online.

Originally posted by neongud View Post
                              They restock a lot the last few seasons I've noticed.
                              music

Comment

• Caetano
                                • Apr 2014

You are aware that it's August, right?
                                Sure, but I was talking about cyclops items, thought they would disappear quite fast, but that's not the story.
                                Yes, people already built a RO basic wardrobe, probably with tees and preco items, but runway and "interpreted"-runway pieces have been taking way longer to disappear from the racks, both on his store and elsewhere.
                                I guess I am pointing this out cause people always talk around here about how free the man is, showing what he shows (I am particularly sided with those who are in love with the new direction, just so you know).
                                But commercially, apparently, things haven't been going as alright as before. And probably we'll be seeing a new direction again.
                                “Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain." William Faulkner

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎