• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

^ that never gets old.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• FinleyB
      • Dec 2011

I'm sure this is common knowledge to many of you on this forum, but I only really noticed today that adults/old people usually dress so much better than teenagers, even if they aren't 'trendy' or whatever, they just always look better dressed.

Teenage dress sense tends to look quite forced a lot of the time imo, but this is coming from a teenager

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by FinleyB View Post
        I'm sure this is common knowledge to many of you on this forum, but I only really noticed today that adults/old people usually dress so much better than teenagers, even if they aren't 'trendy' or whatever, they just always look better dressed.

Teenage dress sense tends to look quite forced a lot of the time imo, but this is coming from a teenager
        They have more experience...and money.
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Sombre
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Versace will open a store in SoHo in June.
          Bloomingdales already has one down there, and I'd argue that's a greater tragedy than Donatella.
          An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
          I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• beardown
            rekoner
            • Feb 2009

I bet Donatella saw a bunch of younger kids getting worked up at the H&M Prince launch party and mistook that as a renewed interest in the line. I have a rep who claims that Versace makes the best suits but he is 66 years old.
            Originally posted by mizzar
            Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by beardown View Post
              I bet Donatella saw a bunch of younger kids getting worked up at the H&M Prince launch party and mistook that as a renewed interest in the line. I have a rep who claims that Versace makes the best suits but he is 66 years old.
              Is he a rep for Versace???

Comment

• michael_kard
                • Oct 2010

The quality of Versace (mainline and Couture lines) is not bad at all... The suits are made by Zegna. The cuts and 'fashion details' are absolutely horrendous though. A 3k suit looks like a Primark made from low quality polyester.
                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• beardown
                  rekoner
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                  Is he a rep for Versace???
                  I wish. He's a rep for my paintings and publishing.

I don't doubt that the tailoring skill is there but it's the association with that over the top, gaudy applications and aesthetic that probably make it seem like a forever 80s brand. It didn't seem that they evolved too much.
                  Originally posted by mizzar
                  Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                    • Jan 2011

Paper money or credit cards as a placeholder for value and services?
                    NONSENSE!

the NEW currency of the world is clothing. Buy now, wear some, sell later. Profit.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

"
                      KANYE’S ENCORE: Kanye West will return to Paris Fashion Week this season with his eponymous collection, his spokesman at the Karla Otto agency said. The singer-turned-designer will show at 9.30 p.m. on March 6 on the sidelines of the official calendar established by the Chambre Syndicale, French fashion’s governing body, but the venue has yet to be confirmed. West’s debut last season drew a star-studded front row, but garnered mixed reviews."

Obviously the WWD writer does not know what "encore" means. It's more like he's tonedeaf.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                        • Jan 2011

really admire the black model on layers, always looks so dope no matter what

Comment

• eleven crows
                          • Mar 2011

speaking of layers; wtf is up with their carpe pricing? $3k for a pair of derbies in less than desirable condition.

Comment

• Rosenrot
                            • Aug 2010

Am I the only one who likes MMM then and now? There's so much hate in the MMM thread.
                            Originally posted by Patroklus
                            Better too adventurous than not enough
                            everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I like it. I don't think it's any worse than before.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• elephantstone
                                • Jan 2011

I like mmm's womens lines....and that's it....

I have bought several items over the years and sold almost everything aside from gat(which I still love and would buy once the current ones wear out)...From my limited experience, both the cut and material are not flattering.... Design-wise it just feels plain or lackluster.....

of course womens wear is a different story.....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎