Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rosenrot
    • Aug 2010

I have only been following the women's line closely. I suppose the men's line may have gone another route
    Originally posted by Patroklus
    Better too adventurous than not enough
    everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• elephantstone
      • Jan 2011

dunno about the time when Margiela is still in reign since I have only followed high-end fashion for a few years. I suppose he's been out for quiet a while no? But for the past few years it's just meh for me. I see nothing interesting or any coherent ideas/aesthetics behind each collection..... not paying for 5 zips and 4 stitches in the back....
      The comparison between men/women's lines remind me of Junya...But you can at least expect very high quality/construction from Junya(and superb designs once in a while....)

For the record all the items I handled are from line 10 so I might be a little subjective......

Comment

• Patroklus
        Banned
        • Feb 2011

Margiela is pretty Warholian. It's easy to try too hard to "get" it and come out frustrated.

Comment

• several_girls
          • Nov 2010

My overall impression was that MMM's main selling point was visual puns. Perhaps I am mistaken.

Comment

• michael_kard
            • Oct 2010

I agree. However, I've come to realize that a designer's main selling point is not necessarily representative of their body of work or design values.
            ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
            Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Everything looks better on the runway live than it does on the photos.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Why do many intelligent people dress like shit? It is certainly not for the lack of attention - the very intelligence of writers, etc. depends on attention to detail. Hence, it cannot be for the lack of care, since care is the flip side of attention. It's a mystery I must solve...
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• uL7iMa
                  • Oct 2010

I believe that it is where that attention is directed at no? Writers whom are deemed intelligent probably focus all their attention on their writing, they end up neglecting all other facets of life..

Hence clothing is but a trivial matter to them, and donning anything will do.

Comment

• michael_kard
                    • Oct 2010

Why should clothing matter to people? (intelligent or otherwise)
                    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by uL7iMa View Post
                      I believe that it is where that attention is directed at no? Writers whom are deemed intelligent probably focus all their attention on their writing, they end up neglecting all other facets of life..

Hence clothing is but a trivial matter to them, and donning anything will do.
                      Not at all true. They are the very same people who pay attention to how others look, put meticulous descriptions of clothing in their writing and pass judgement. So, clothing is definitely in their consciousness.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kompressorkev
                        • Dec 2006

I think people tend to equate caring about style with pretension. And they think that Fashion is shallow, thus investing in clothing is superficial, and it seems nobler to stand apart from it. I think they're certainly conscious of how others perceive them (they might be concerned about their hairstyle or being well-groomed), but they don't want to be aligned with Fashion, and their disinterest is perhaps even part of their calculus in how they present themselves ("i'm not one of those types").

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

^ I think you have a point.

I consider myself an intelligent person, or at least with intelligent intentions, but there are several things that don't interest me, so I tend to ignore them. Food is a good example - I consider it something I need to consume to survive, and nothing more. I could eat the same thing everyday and not care...and I think there are many intellectuals that feel the same way about clothing. They merely have to be covered...nothing more is of interest.
                          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• eleven crows
                            • Mar 2011

Why do many intelligent people listen to shit music? It is certainly not for the lack of attention - the very intelligence of writers, etc. depends on attention to detail. Hence, it cannot be for the lack of care, since care is the flip side of attention. It's a mystery I must solve...

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

^ I see what you did there.
                              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Patroklus
                                Banned
                                • Feb 2011

for the past year or so i've been seeing people in these henley shirts with collars too wide for the button to function, or even with buttons but no button holes

WHY

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎