• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
    Why do many intelligent people listen to shit music? It is certainly not for the lack of attention - the very intelligence of writers, etc. depends on attention to detail. Hence, it cannot be for the lack of care, since care is the flip side of attention. It's a mystery I must solve...
    Shit music such as? You think intellectuals sit around listening to Britney Spears or Madonna? I would imagine them listening to classical music, or jazz, or classic rock - not shit music by any standards. But if you think that they rock Lady Gaga on daily basis, then maybe your analogy is not gratuitously idiotic. But I congratulate you on your cleverness.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

i have a friend who went to MIT and is an accomplished painter whose favorite song is MacArthur Park by Donna Summer and who wears a ny mets jacket and sketchers so I am going to venture that clothes and music don't have to be part of the creative consciousness. Conversely, I know people who dress incredibly well and love jazz and other more complicated music forms and have not a creative bone in their bodies, nor are they otherwise very interesting.

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

i gave up taking waywts as it just began to feel too self indulgent.

Comment

• eleven crows
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Shit music such as? You think intellectuals sit around listening to Britney Spears or Madonna? I would imagine them listening to classical music, or jazz, or classic rock - not shit music by any standards. But if you think that they rock Lady Gaga on daily basis, then maybe your analogy is not gratuitously idiotic. But I congratulate you on your cleverness.
          i was just kidding around. it's a matter of personal priorities and taste if you ask me. perhaps some people are so focused on a particular field - intellectual or otherwise - that their clothing choices are second thoughts.

the diagnosis of shit music is a can of worms best not opened. though i don't doubt that you'll find some highly intelligent folk who like nothing more than listening to the flavour of the week, day or year pop music all day long and into the night.

Comment

• CHRIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2006

i think it would be interesting if everyone on this forum took the MBTI and posted their results

Comment

• Patroklus
              Banned
              • Feb 2011

INTP

INTPs are pensive, analytical folks.

INTPs will often correct others (or be sorely tempted to) if the shade of meaning is a bit off.

INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to almost anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves.

A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure. They spend considerable time second-guessing themselves.
              lol, that ain't me
              fuck your test bro

Comment

• CHRIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2006

quit lyin' ho, the MBTI never lies (6)

i'm 'INTJ'

Comment

• Patroklus
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2011

that's closer except for that part about intimacy because i am a passionate lover. why was the other description so unflattering?

"INTPs are insufferable nerds. when they can pry themselves away from their fleshlights they spend most of their time correcting grammar on the internet"

Comment

• CHRIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
                    that's closer except for that part about intimacy because i am a passionate lover. why was the other description so unflattering?

"INTPs are insufferable nerds. when they can pry themselves away from their fleshlights they spend most of their time correcting grammar on the internet"
                    because they're like movie trailers for your life. some are better than others, some are sort of misrepresentative, but overall you get an idea of what genre it is (that is unless your trailer is like the one for 'drive')

ps. can we start a psychology / philosophy subforum please (6)

Comment

• casem
                      • Sep 2006

I've done this before, I'm INTJ.
                      music

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DRRRK
                        Amen to that.

Food is a really good example and the subject of heated arguments, how one can care about the clothes and how they are made but not about food. Which is just wrong, because I do care, I just hate to talk about it and by that appear ignorant. Even worse is "You are obviously interested in design, why don't you have an iPhone?"
                        Why don't you?!
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
                          i was just kidding around. it's a matter of personal priorities and taste if you ask me. perhaps some people are so focused on a particular field - intellectual or otherwise - that their clothing choices are second thoughts.

the diagnosis of shit music is a can of worms best not opened. though i don't doubt that you'll find some highly intelligent folk who like nothing more than listening to the flavour of the week, day or year pop music all day long and into the night.
                          Ok, I overreacted.

But I think there is more to it than mere tastes.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• munch
                            • Aug 2008

hmm INTP here too apparently. kinda read a bit hastily about it but seems pretty accurate... though I kinda have to agree with Patroklus about the intimacy part. not really me there either. oh well, not sure if relevant to the thread anyway.

Comment

• michael_kard
                              • Oct 2010

Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging

ENFJs are the benevolent 'pedagogues' of humanity. They have tremendous charisma by which many are drawn into their nurturant tutelage and/or grand schemes. Many ENFJs have tremendous power to manipulate others with their phenomenal interpersonal skills and unique salesmanship. But it's usually not meant as manipulation -- ENFJs generally believe in their dreams, and see themselves as helpers and enablers, which they usually are.

ENFJs are global learners. They see the big picture. The ENFJs focus is expansive. Some can juggle an amazing number of responsibilities or projects simultaneously. Many ENFJs have tremendous entrepreneurial ability.

ENFJs are, by definition, Js, with whom we associate organization and decisiveness. But they don't resemble the SJs or even the NTJs in organization of the environment nor occasional recalcitrance. ENFJs are organized in the arena of interpersonal affairs. Their offices may or may not be cluttered, but their conclusions (reached through feelings) about people and motives are drawn much more quickly and are more resilient than those of their NFP counterparts.

ENFJs know and appreciate people. Like most NFs, (and Feelers in general), they are apt to neglect themselves and their own needs for the needs of others. They have thinner psychological boundaries than most, and are at risk for being hurt or even abused by less sensitive people. ENFJs often take on more of the burdens of others than they can bear.
                              5char. Not sure whether accurate or not... Kind of like it though.
                              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• kuugaia
                                • Feb 2010

ENTJ here.

These free personality tests are a generalization of who you are in regular life and (normally) people don't behave in the same way across all aspects of their life - be it work, companionship, family, etc. So yeah, you're bound to come across parts that are just not relational to you. My girlfriend's mum is a psychologist and likes a particular personality test called the DISC test (I think it's a paid for one, but its certainly very interesting). If I recall correctly, the test evaluates who you generally are, who you are under pressure, and how you think others view you. Might be of interest to some people here, as some managers like their employees to take it.

The Four Temperaments Test is another popular one that's free, but I can't seem to locate the site that you can take the online test. In the end, they're fundamentally all the same.

edit:
                                random fashion thought: Fuck leather jackets! Leather pants is where it's at.
                                Last edited by kuugaia; 02-14-2012, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎