X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • avout
    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by DRRRK
    dont paint your face or put on a hairnet...
    Now you're just being dogmatic.

Comment

• kuriz
      • Nov 2010

Thank you for the replies they made me think a bit further to why I even ask this question. What I think it comes down to is that my personal style is still wandering, and that even something as small as a pictures whether it be runway styles or just Classified pictures of certain pieces make me fall in love with a particular idea or designers expression.
      The main issue is that this idea springs from the designers background and thought proces (both read through interviews and my own interpretation), and, I'm not sure of this, but before lets say BBS put out the models on the runway, the stylists styling have been approved by him so that they "live up" to his expectations to what he wants to express with his show.
      I guess my argument is that the styling being showed off on a runway, when it's copyed almost identical to real life wear is more fulfilling to the expression of the designer than when someone mixes different designers together. Of course the beauty of watching someone mix and match between different designers and still make it look personal is beautiful but then to me it might ruin the expression and the ideal. Sorry if this was a bit confusing, I find it rather hard expressing myself in proper english so that it makes sense....So to sum it up: I want to be a BBS clone! ^^

Comment

• KingJulien
        • Oct 2011

Am I alone in not liking runway looks taken out of their context (the runway)? The only designer I can think of that I'd actually like to wear in the way it's styled is Hedi Slimane, and that's still only a few seasons.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Mr.Beuys looks baller in all Rick.

As DRRRRRRRRRRRRKKK said - it depends on your physical appearance, but it also depends on your character.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kuugaia
            • Feb 2010

In addition to what others have said, I think that it's highly dependant on which label you are wearing head-to-toe in (this is a general statement). Ann is one of those labels for me, where I find it incredibly difficult to pair with others in my wardrobe - in that sense I can only assume that Ann goes with Ann. Full BBS outfits have always struck me as too costume-y - it just has too many details going on...stings, frayed ends, coated fabrics, bunching, etc. But then again, there's Sergey (or something) that does full BBS on waywt and comes out looking like a champ, probably the only person I've ever seen do so.

Comment

• CHRIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2006

once i become a dr. i plan on wearing head to toe jil. looking all clinical and shit

kind of hoping raf will return to the helm at that point. even though it'll probably be like, kanye or something lol

Comment

• Skye X
                • Oct 2010

I'm absolutely in love with most Julius runway shows, and if I had the budget, I'd try to get close to certain whole looks, but would still never copy them outright. What's the point of dressing yourself then? You might as well hire a stylist to dress you every day.

That said, I know what I like, and the items I buy from other designers are almost always the ones that tend towards the industrial punk aesthetic.

Comment

• Servo2000
                  • Oct 2006

I wear a lot of Ervell and it's certainly not the sort of thing like Rick (which, when I wear, I tend to wear more-or-less all at once as well) where it's so extreme on the runway but one thing I enjoy about wearing one designer is that the garments talk to each other very well. I really like when the vintage brass buttons on my jacket match the ones on my pants, or when the buttons on a shirt-jacket are the same as the button-down underneath, etc...
                  WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• CDG Diffusion Line
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                    Part of the problem is the ignorant culture of the South. I try my best not to generalize but I've been there enough to know where the cancer is and how it spreads.
                    You sound just like the people you're criticizing.

Not everyone in the south is white, and the ones who aren't don't need you to speak for them.

Thanks for understanding.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Yeah, the only difference is he is right and they're wrong. Minor detail.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• beardown
                        rekoner
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by CDG Diffusion Line View Post
                        Not everyone in the south is white,....
                        Thanks for understanding.
                        We were discussing a particular situation and I stand by everything I wrote.

If you want to get into a legitimate debate with me about the statistics and the facts of certain states in the south, bring it. I'm a student of politics, history and the economy and I'd be more than glad to indulge you.
                        Originally posted by mizzar
                        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• CHRIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2006

i think knits are the sexiest thing ever

does that make me a spinster

Comment

• several_girls
                            • Nov 2010

Your point is taken, CDG Diffusion Line, but I thought it was pretty clear, even if only implicitly, that the culture of white supremacy beardown, patroklus and I were discussing was a culture among southern whites. Nor did I take beardown to be speaking for southern non-whites; I'm not sure where you picked up that notion.

PS: This is a good opportunity for someone to post up that Dave Chapelle skit of the blind, black white supremacist.

Comment

• CDG Diffusion Line
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by CHRIS View Post
                              i think knits are the sexiest thing ever

does that make me a spinster
                              nah you're good. knits make you look younger.

and anyway nothing screams 'old' and 'never gonna get married' like a harnden suit

Comment

• michael_kard
                                • Oct 2010

I don't see how your disagreement justifies deleting his posts.
                                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎