X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cowsareforeating
    • Jan 2011

^ i agree with twisted for the most part

if you're going to baby everything all the time it really limits how you live your life, unless your life is being the curator of an art gallery, there are boxes to carry and chores to do and dishes to wash so.... fuck it.

you hardly get to enjoy your clothes as is anyways.

that being said, ive stopped buying wool, the type that is fuzzy like a peacoat because it just looks terrible after a wear because of sheddy dog

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Assassin's Creed.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

preach it!
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Originally posted by rilu
          here's a random fashion thought. i find it difficult to react in an honest way when someone who isn't really poor tells me how they bought some new clothes from some of the sweatshop-based temples and as the most important point regarding that buy they mention how they got it so cheap. on the one hand, i find it difficult to even mention that the fact this clothes are cheap, doesn't mean they're actually cheap, and that someone else is paying the real price instead. and most people simply aren't even aware of that. on the other hand, there's a very tight connection between "cheap" and "replaceable" (or "disposable" ). and it's really sad that "scoring something cheap" is so often perceived as a virtue, almost like some score in a video game or something. :-/
          In Finland we have this old saying that I like, "a poor man can not afford cheap". I guess it worked back in the days, but nowadays people don't care about quality and durability anymore, even though it would be more logical to buy one good thing that lasts rather than 100 cheap shitty things that break in the first wash/use. Anyways, perhaps you could tell your friend that he/she should buy second hand, at least it's a bit more ecological and even cheaper.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Flux, we have the same saying in Russian.

This is the real problem of the West, isn't it, that consumerism and the sense of entitlement has permeated down to the poorest classes. The irony of course is that consumerism keeps them poor by siphoning off potential savings towards buying crap.

My Mom told me a story that I will never forget about her friend who immigrated from Russia to Colorado. They moved with very little money, got low-paying jobs immediately, and two years later bought a modest house (this was in the 90s when prices were fairly affordable). The friends American co-worker (I think at a post office) was baffled and asked how my Mom's friend could afford a house and she could not. To which she replied, "you buy lunch every day, I bring it from home, you buy a couple of coffees every day, I drink team I bring from home, you buy all kinds of useless things, I save every penny." My Mom's friend was no more virtuous than her coworker, she just grew up in a different country with different values. We have lost those values, and not on our own accord - the modern Western society lead by capitalists has made a concerted effort to help us lose those values. Myself included!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lane
              • Aug 2010

well, this debt driven economy sort of punishes you for saving money. Not that it isn't still the wisest route to take. I mean, yesterday is a perfect example of people buying lots of shit they don't need or can even afford. Yet they still do it because they've bought into this idea that they are getting a deal, which is quite preposterous.

Comment

• casem
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by yoox/thecorner
                Your order is in transit from the Italian warehouse to the US Distribution Center.
                Last edited by casem; 11-29-2012, 01:31 AM.
                music

Comment

• interest1
                  • Nov 2008

And thank goodness for that.
                  sain't

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

god almighty

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• HWith
                      • May 2007

^ That should have been on the WTF-thread. What show is that?

Comment

• interest1
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by HWith View Post

^ That should have been on the WTF-thread. What show is that?
                        Does it not have Jeremy Scott written all over it?

(in which case, putting it in the WTF thread would be redundant)
                        sain't

Comment

• mrbeuys
                          • May 2008

I thought it was dsquared2
                          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• interest1
                            • Nov 2008

Same difference
                            sain't

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

It kills me when in a classifieds ad, the poster adds something like "Last Day" or "One day special". Yeah, last day to buy something you haven't wanted to buy for weeks

Comment

• eleven crows
                                • Mar 2011

But Kunk, it's the best iteration of that particular piece which sold out instantly world wide; fastest in this particular size as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎