X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warg
    • Nov 2012

I love Jeremy scott!
    i have less clothing that I use too now... Just can t wear it all the time...
    That the only problem with his line... I have no problem wearing my jeans chaps, showing off my undies BUT you can t wear that often cause people remember it too much! it s so high fashion that they can t forget it... so it would look like that s the only thing you wear...

Love him SO much tho

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

I honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• HWith
        • May 2007

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
        I thought it was dsquared2
        I was about to say the same, I could see Dean & Dan throwing that fit on the run way.

And how come J Scott managed to live on after the nu rave era died? I mean, who buys that? Or does he only, in fact, sell t-shirts? Which reminds me: If anyone still has a "CAUSE ME PAIN, HEDI SLIMANE" t-shirt from House of Holland I wanna buy it...

Comment

• rider
          eyes of the world
          • Jun 2009

As I'm reading Steve Jobs by Isaacson I wonder if there is a fashion designer that has similar creative energy and even some of the persnickety tendencies that Jobs possessed...the crazies that "think different"and change the way we perceive...Rei Kawakubo jumped out to me.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Jobs saw an opportunity that was so glaringly obvious to so many with good design sense but without the means to fill the hole, I am surprised it took so long for Apple to do what they did. I mean, Bang & Olufsen have been doing the same thing for ages, but Jobs took their model to the masses because he could. I think that "think differently" stuff is a bunch of marketing hooey.

In a way, fashion - supposedly - already has a built in quest for design excellence.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Warg
              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by HWith View Post
              I mean, who buys that?
              the production is small usually one item for each size only sometime not all sizes
              but he goes sold out for the runway pieces almost all the time.
              he had a pop up shop in NYC, everything went fast...
              He has no real constant shop so people collect his clothes cause it s hard to find. And it s also not really expensive. (his T's are around 95$ pants 180$)

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

I don't think fashion can transcend for the masses the way technology can, it isn't going to transform day to day life for people in the same way given that an iPod is attainable in a way that high-end clothing simply isn't.

Comment

• rider
                  eyes of the world
                  • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Jobs saw an opportunity that was so glaringly obvious to so many with good design sense but without the means to fill the hole, I am surprised it took so long for Apple to do what they did. I mean, Bang & Olufsen have been doing the same thing for ages, but Jobs took their model to the masses because he could. I think that "think differently" stuff is a bunch of marketing hooey.

In a way, fashion - supposedly - already has a built in quest for design excellence.
                  Yes...That's the aspect of admiration I am referring too... just like the iMac campaign celebrated those that rethink status quo objects, even those represented in unseen elements, they expose the essence of the object, engaging the user and encouraging emotional relationships, not just functional redundance. Even if a designer is fortunate to have means and accordingly grasps opportunity let's not shortsight the fact a great designer forces us to see things not as a wrapper but to take part of it as a visceral experience.

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

^for the record it was a bunch of marketing shit. think different by becoming part of the hive mind and 90% of mac users are spending $1200 when they could get a perfectly serviceable pc for $600

Comment

• rider
                      eyes of the world
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                      I don't think fashion can transcend for the masses the way technology can, it isn't going to transform day to day life for people in the same way given that an iPod is attainable in a way that high-end clothing simply isn't.
                      I think that's a really good point. Hadn't thought of it. Fashion transforms, but in a trickle down manner, not a how did I live without that kind of way. I think technology changes how we do things and fashion expresses our individual point of view.

Comment

• rider
                        eyes of the world
                        • Jun 2009

No, no, no, there was never anything "perfect" about a pc.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

^for the record it was a bunch of marketing shit. think different by becoming part of the hive mind and 90% of mac users are spending $1200 when they could get a perfectly serviceable pc for $600
                          Without getting into that whole "Mac users are sheep," discussion, which I think is also bullshit (there is a difference between "serviceable" and "excellent," as theetruscan already pointed out in the technology thread), I do think that Jobs's vision lay more in business and marketing. I am still waiting for someone to come out with a major piece comparing what Bang & Olufsen has done way before Apple (I mean, the similarities are glaring, from the look and feel of the products to the whole ethos of seamless compatibility). I know Jonathan Ive admits to be influenced by Dieter Rams, but that's a comparison made safe by historic remove.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                            Banned
                            • May 2008

^oh trust me all I've ever had were macs but the majority of people use a browser window, excel and microsoft word so they don't need 17" macbook pros

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

Yes, business and marketing but he was also the seed planter. Designers perfected what he imagined. Not as much imagineering going on there now. The iPad mini is great but I would guarantee it was not in Jobs' sights. It's the first time they've gone downwards to compete, accepting the market rather than challenging it.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Without getting into that whole "Mac users are sheep," discussion, which I think is also bullshit (there is a difference between "serviceable" and "excellent," as theetruscan already pointed out in the technology thread), I do think that Jobs's vision lay more in business and marketing. I am still waiting for someone to come out with a major piece comparing what Bang & Olufsen has done way before Apple (I mean, the similarities are glaring, from the look and feel of the products to the whole ethos of seamless compatibility). I know Jonathan Ive admits to be influenced by Dieter Rams, but that's a comparison made safe by historic remove.

Comment

• Patroklus
                                Banned
                                • Feb 2011

this is just a function of the high degree of handwork and skilled labor that fashion stuff still requires
                                if a new method was introduced that allowed impressive clothing to be produced really cheaply without the loss of quality or the use of what should be illegal practices, the landscape would change pretty fundamentally

this is all really obvious but your post was absolutist in a way that i felt like pointing it out

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎