Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endersgame
    • Aug 2009

i hate that seizure inducing zekka site..

Comment

• messenoire
      • Nov 2009

kanye west wore rick owens fw11 to some televised event and now everything is in hysterics. sometimes i forget our niche is just that.

Comment

• shah
        • Jul 2009

well i wanted to post in the SS thread thanking Hide-san again for a wonderful delivery (yohji 'priest shirt') that arrived incredibly fast, he even added 2 yen to make sure i win the bid :)
        but the thread is locked ... well he's been 2 for 2 for me in the past 2 months so i'll likely stick with him!

Comment

• Patroklus
          Banned
          • Feb 2011

owensian drift: when your opinion on ugly rick owens pieces changes towards the positive

i want a single strap tank from spartan :x

Comment

• Lane
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
            kanye west wore rick owens fw11 to some televised event and now everything is in hysterics. sometimes i forget our niche is just that.
            He was wearing a givenchy skirt

Comment

• Nomad_
              • Jul 2012

walking around eatons centre (toronto) and saw some dude walk past me and had on julius boots and some other sz lookin stuff and as I get on the escalator going down, I turned my head and looked back, and whaddya know...

he was already turned facing me and just had this strange stare against me like in a movie or some shit

so I had this idea we were gonna fight to the death

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

“Hennes & Mauritz suffered a less than expected 1 per cent fall in like-for-like sales in November, countering fears that the Swedish purveyor of cheap chic could be worse hit from a sharp slowdown in its biggest market, Germany.”

If anyone has access to FT and could repost, that would be awesome.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• avout
                  • Nov 2011

December 17, 2012 10:53 am
                  H&M hit by slowing European market
                  By Richard Milne, Nordic Correspondent

Hennes & Mauritz reported a 1 per cent fall in like-for-like sales in November, a better result than forecast, countering fears that the Swedish purveyor of cheap chic could be badly hit by a sharp slowdown in its biggest market, Germany.

The fashion retailer reported flat like-for-like sales in its fourth quarter compared with a year earlier as it paid the price for its dependence on the European market. Including new stores, its sales were up 7 per cent in November in local currencies and 9 per cent for the quarter on the same period in 2011. Revenue in the fourth quarter rose 5 per cent to SKr37.9bn ($5.7bn).
                  More

H&M has been one of the more successful clothes sellers in a difficult year in Europe but it has been dogged by comparisons with Inditex, the Spanish owner of Zara that last year overtook it as the world’s biggest fashion retailer.

Inditex last week reported that total sales for August 1 until December 9 had grown by 15 per cent, and analysts have credited it with being faster into emerging markets and online sales than H&M as well as being quicker to respond to fashion trends.

Both companies have been opening large numbers of new stores with H&M due to have its first store in the southern hemisphere – in Chile – next year. The Swedish group had 2,776 shops at the end of November, up 12 per cent on a year earlier, while Inditex had 9 per cent more stores at 5,887 by the end of October.

Industry data showed that sales in Germany, H&M’s biggest market, were down 5 per cent in November, leading to fears that the Swedish group could see a fall in like-for-like sales of a similar magnitude to the 5 per cent drop it recorded in October.

H&M’s shares rose 1.8 per cent in Monday morning trade.

Comment

• mike
                    • Dec 2006

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Is that from Vogue?
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Mar 2009

Indeed. Vogue US, July 2000. Bigger picture here.

Comment

• ambrosian
                          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
                          owensian drift: when your opinion on ugly rick owens pieces changes towards the positive
                          i no what u mean

cliche but ugly can be beautiful unless you've got those steve buscemi genetics. I digress. a dichotomy exists between dressing in beautiful pieces all the time and trying to constantly express yourself through your clothes, as no one wants to express a image of perfection all the time - perfection is inhuman. I'm sure most of us didn't start off loving the dick, it's a love that starts off small and only gets bigger, and you have a mindset drift as it does.

regarding the consumerism talk that was happening a few pages back, I think we're inherently consumerist due to the nature of our productionist. what we can offer and produce is the source of a person's value and desirability, doesn't matter if it's tangible or not.
                          street goth extraordinaire

Comment

• HWith
                            • May 2007

"Perfection is inhuman"? Speak for yourself! ;-)

I've noticed how the pace at which my style is changing/evolving is slowing down. I guess I finally found my niche, after 7 years of being 'into' fashion. I hardly ever sell anything I buy anymore, except when it's an online buy that doesn't turn out as expected. It feels great.

Comment

• eleven crows
                              • Mar 2011

I'm with you on that. While I can appreciate a variety of work, there's only a few designers whose pieces I now buy. It took some time and more than a few pieces going the way of the classifieds.

Now it's just a case of becoming Grail Hunter D.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

I don't know, I'm looking forward to dressing like Leonard Cohen when I get older (with the SZ twist, surely, but I think I'll get a fedora).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎