X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Castor View Post
    Balenciaga in the most recent seasons felt like a house that was created for fashion editors. For them to wear and cover. You see the editors wearing the $5000 Egyptofunk silk sweatshirts at all the shows and then big surprise Balenciaga sells a bunch of $350 tees of the same image. But then in the real world the only Balenciaga you ever see on the streets is handbags and the classic leather jacket. Not sure exactly what my point is, but it felt like Balenciaga existed in a bubble for FASHION people only--who I doubt ever pay anything resembling retail.

well, that's standard fashion business strategy, but what differentiated balenciaga from most other ppr/lvmh/whatever brands was the actual talent of the guy creating content for that bubble.

i love my own balenciaga pieces, and it's not just cause i paid retail for some of them.

now with wang installed, i guess the whole thing might be reversed: you'll see the clothes on the street but not on the editors.

Comment

• galia
      • Jun 2009

Wang gets editorials, I wouldn't worry for him just yet

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Nah, it's all gonna be fashion hipsters - a ton of them at the shows all in Kenzo. Next season all in Balenciaga.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Patroklus
          Banned
          • Feb 2011

a thought occurs, that we may be seeing a shift from vionnet a la karan and owens towards dior and balenciaga as reinforced by nicolas ghesquiere and now raf
          ie less drape more shape

but wang can't handle that; if he could i certainly haven't seen it in his work

bad move, label's gonna implode

then again i wouldn't have expected raf to show what i just saw on dior's couture show so mebe i'll be surprised

btw i asked the trend forecasters about it and they confirmed

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Raf did exactly what I said he would - failed. He's not a dressmaker, never was, and was clearly the wrong choice. Give the job to Theyskens.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Patroklus
              Banned
              • Feb 2011

fall sucked out loud, but I liked what was just sent down for spring. that said, what raf had to do with it i'm not really sure, because, he's not a dress maker. I guess he went through a bunch of looks presented by the team and said, yes, yes, no, yes, no....
              Last edited by Patroklus; 01-21-2013, 06:40 PM. Reason: HAHA I MIXED UP THE SEASONS fuck me

Comment

• Uncontrol
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Raf did exactly what I said he would - failed. He's not a dressmaker, never was, and was clearly the wrong choice. Give the job to Theyskens.
                my ex girlfriend is schooling me on FB about how couture isn't always about decadence and that this is a return to the roots of what made the house of dior famous

i don't know if she's right or not i just think it's ugly
                Last edited by Uncontrol; 01-21-2013, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• kunk75
                  Banned
                  • May 2008

funny, what I call collectivist bad taste GQ calls fashion trends.

Comment

• Patroklus
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Uncontrol View Post
                    my ex girlfriend is schooling me on FB about how couture isn't always about decadence and that this is a return to the roots of what made the house of dior famous

i don't know if she's right or not i just think it's ugly
                    lmao i went to the dior boutique when i visited vegas last year and it was the same line the sa fed me when i asked about raf and said i didn't like the couture show

but come on man this show was totally different, really good. raf('s team) did a great job.

ps he asked me if i wanted some water and im like sure and he brings me out a bottle of perrier and tbh while prada didn't even offer me water im still thinkin in the back of my head, "dude you're charging like $800 for jeans couldn't you pour this into a glass?"

NEW TREND FOR FALL
                    LAYERED HATS

i just put a beanie on top of my beanie, feelin chic

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

LUC's pretty much been doin that for years, dude.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                        • Jan 2011

where are the pics of forme fw13 Q_Q
                        not up on their own website...

Comment

• Verdandi
                          • Mar 2012

I really enjoyed the Dior Couture show. I don't know wether Raf is a good dressmaker but some people at the Atelier are for sure. The last few dresses were superb.

There were still a couple ensembles that were "what the hell, who thinks that looks good" to me but overall I liked how he worked with the archives this time.
                          lavender menace

Comment

• chestercopperpot
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                            LUC's pretty much been doin that for years, dude.
                            yessir indeed

Comment

• Patroklus
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2011

was seriously tempted to put this in style inspiration, but there's not enough black so i'll stick it here

Comment

• messenoire
                                • Nov 2009

alexander wang is going to get fired from balenciaga not because of anything controversial but because he doesnt fit the house and what cristobal envisioned. this for example is fucking retarded.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎