Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • several_girls
    • Nov 2010

Good news everyone! I've come upon a new rationalization for buying really expensive clothes. It's not economic, nor even ethical. Basically I now feel it an indignity to clothe the human body in cheap, stiff, thoughtless fast-fashion rags. The body is worth being respected, indulged, in terms of sensation as much as aesthetics. Of course this requires some work on the part of the person buying. One can all too easily string together a Rick outfit that looks awful.

Comment

• safeword123
      • Jul 2008

The only thing good in Louise Gray's collection is the head pieces, and they were made by jones, and damn, they were good.

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

I'm sorry but more and more all the elite goth fashionistas are all looking like Hasidic jews to me.
        music

Comment

• messenoire
          • Nov 2009

this shouldnt even be brought up but rhiana(who cares if i spelled it wrong) showed a collection at london fashion week?

Comment

• xeraphim
            • Nov 2008

collaboration with river island.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

What's this hype about JW Anderson? Am I missing something? Is this the fashion's newest emperor with no clothes?
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                • Mar 2009

I have no idea. He seems to be the new British fashion media darling.
                Personally I don't get it at all. You know us Brits, we always need one clown prince to champion.

Saying that, his Top Shop collab was the fastest selling (and most profitable I believe) designer collab they have done so far.
                merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• michael_kard
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                  Saying that, his Top Shop collab was the fastest selling (and most profitable I believe) designer collab they have done so far.
                  That's probably cos its offerings formed the perfect combination of hype-driven, aesthetically redundant and cheap.

Surprisingly, some of his older collections are very interesting and showed he was capable of designing very nice things.
                  ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                  Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• safeword123
                    • Jul 2008

U.S. Postal Service clothing line has the potential to be really cool or crap

Comment

• eleven crows
                      • Mar 2011

Do you think there's a waiting list for the most decaying warehouses to shoot lookbooks in?

Comment

• Supel
                        • Apr 2011

^ Too many designers / stylists are jumping on that bandwagon as of late. And for that reason this is what makes it less innovative, but instead quite stale IMO. It doesn't seem as legitimate or lets say fresh? as when CCP years back shot his lookbook in a meat slaughterhouse in italy, or an abandoned building. Don't get me wrong, it's an excellent idea, though it's just becoming used and abused.

To answer your Q, majority of these buildings have become abandoned for a number of reasons and aren't necessarily owned by anyone, it just depends. I do urban exploration as a hobby, and specifically in Detroit some buildings can be blocked off for movie scenes or art projects so in this case there can be some demand. However, if it's accessible and no longer vacant, then why not?

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Supel View Post
                          ^ Too many designers / stylists are jumping on that bandwagon as of late. And for that reason this is what makes it less innovative, but instead quite stale IMO. It doesn't seem as legitimate or lets say fresh? as when CCP years back shot his lookbook in a meat slaughterhouse in italy, or an abandoned building. Don't get me wrong, it's an excellent idea, though it's just becoming used and abused.

To answer your Q, majority of these buildings have become abandoned for a number of reasons and aren't necessarily owned by anyone, it just depends. I do urban exploration as a hobby, and specifically in Detroit some buildings can be blocked off for movie scenes or art projects so in this case there can be some demand. However, if it's accessible and no longer vacant, then why not?
                          CCP shooting in a meat slaughterhouse is conceptually relevant, I don't think the effect can be lessened by the mere popularity of the location as a matter of styling.
                          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Jan 2011

Stone Island were using the minimal, abandoned warehouse setting for probably 10 years before CCP. Not really a new thing.

Those kind of spaces are beautiful in their own right and are uncluttered enough to not distract from the subject at hand.

Comment

• Supel
                              • Apr 2011

That's almost merely my point. The concept is great per se. However, there are underdog designers (or less established) who are doing it for the sake of thinking it may be "cool" or "innovative" which virtually takes away from the whole significance. It may not suit their image or identity from an outside view. Therefore makes it seem quite (insert word here) wanky? Of course everyones perspectives may differ.

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                              CCP shooting in a meat slaughterhouse is conceptually relevant, I don't think the effect can be lessened by the mere popularity of the location as a matter of styling.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                                • Mar 2009

It seems those plants outside haven't been watered in years.
                                I visited the store when I was in Seoul on two different occassions.
                                The greenery on the outside was dead/dying and looked very unkept.
                                That was in early 2011.the upper section of the building is a weird sale/outlet store and the basement is another random multil label store.
                                I'm unsure wether the whole building was all Ann at first or not.

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                                That's probably cos its offerings formed the perfect combination of hype-driven, aesthetically redundant and cheap.
                                So what makes it any different from past collabo like Kane, Nicol, katrantzou, moss etc etc
                                You tend to state the obvious at times,Michael.
                                Last edited by SHYE_POSER; 02-23-2013, 04:32 AM.
                                merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎