Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael_kard
    • Oct 2010

/\ Topshop has released some excellent collaborations over the years, that featured highly conceptual and excellent quality clothing, while also offering something that would otherwise be truly unattainable for many. The first and foremost example of this is the Todd Lynn collab, whose tailoring is better than garments I have that cost 10+ times as much.

What surprised me about the JW collab was how redundant the 'designs' were. I thought the Mary Katrantzou collab was a pretty honest diffusion of what she normally does, same for Kane. Conversely, the majority of the JW anderson stuff looks like hipster-vintage wear. Hence I'm surprised his hyped name is enough to attach value to -essentially- anything.
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
      It seems those plants outside haven't been watered in years.
      I visited the store when I was in Seoul on two different occassions.
      The greenery on the outside was dead/dying and looked very unkept.
      That was in early 2011.the upper section of the building is a weird sale/outlet store and the basement is another random multil label store.
      I'm unsure wether the whole building was all Ann at first or not.
      It was always one floor, and I've always wondered how they will keep the plants alive (supposedly there is a built in sprinkler system, not working well, I guess). I am not surprised the store is closing - it was ahead of its time. The entire building seemed like a vanity project from the start - great for architecture mags, not so great in real life.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Verdandi
        • Mar 2012

The Jil Sander collection was exquisite
        I hope the coats feel as good as they look.
        lavender menace

Comment

• safeword123
          • Jul 2008

i am so glad Jil is back to designing. her story, as a designer, as a business woman is forever fascinating and inspiring too me.

Comment

• safeword123
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by copacetic
            i'm pretty sure the ann demeulemeester flagship in seoul is out of business. really sad, because the building was beautiful.
            that is indeed pretty sad. i read she is going to open a store in Shanghai, wonder how will that fare.

Comment

• mortalveneer
              • Jan 2008

I wonder how marvielab feels about being automatically changed to margiela when doing an ebay clothing search...
              I am not who you think I am

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

No more fashion's night out! Oh, no, what are the Parsons and FIT students are going to do now?
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• avout
                  • Nov 2011

What are the clothes laid out on the stylezeitgeist.com page? Always wondered.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Linea

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Verdandi
                      • Mar 2012

So apparently everyone's favourite high street store H&M is showing a "collection" in Paris.
                      lavender menace

Comment

• Vanna
                        • May 2008

Do I lose my gay card for thinking Wanglenciaga was pretty good? Even though it basically borrowed from Nicolas early work.
                        Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• messenoire
                          • Nov 2009

gareth pugh, how are you going to retail the 2nd half of your collection with the majority being made of garbage bags? wtf.

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

the same way he markets the rest of his garbage bags
                            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Rosenrot
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
                              gareth pugh, how are you going to retail the 2nd half of your collection with the majority being made of garbage bags? wtf.
                              Pretty sure that was a technical exercise, also it was just 3-4 looks with the garbage bags. I think the entire collection is beautiful.
                              Originally posted by Patroklus
                              Better too adventurous than not enough
                              everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• messenoire
                                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Rosenrot View Post
                                Pretty sure that was a technical exercise, also it was just 3-4 looks with the garbage bags. I think the entire collection is beautiful.
                                i loved the collection! but still, he said he said used SO many garbage bags so i suppose you are right and it was just for the show. i never see "those looks" retailed anywhere either, just jackets and basics. i'd love to see more of that on the rack but i can only imagine the production cost.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎