X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rosenrot
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Castor View Post
    It's hard to make a duffel bag an icon for a brand, especially this late in the game after LV, Chloe, and even Furla have perfected the idea, but I think the same customer that likes the Celine bags will go for it (understated luxury/minimal branding/simple design). Kate Moss/Gwyneth are photographed all over town in the ones they've been given--that's a good start. I mean, I don't think YSL bags ever did very well anyway. The new bag, at least, is an improvement. Uninspired, but better nonetheless.
    I'd disagree. The Cabas, Muse and Muse Two range were the IT bags for a while, plus they were made in the most vibrant colours and beautiful materials.

The new bags are boring, Prada has gone down that minimalist route in the last decade.
    Originally posted by Patroklus
    Better too adventurous than not enough
    everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• Castor
      • Nov 2009

You have a point. Are they keeping those styles around or is it a total reset?
      Originally posted by DRRRK
      The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Rosenrot View Post
        I'd disagree. The Cabas, Muse and Muse Two range were the IT bags for a while, plus they were made in the most vibrant colours and beautiful materials.

The new bags are boring, Prada has gone down that minimalist route in the last decade.
        Exactly. Muse was a great hit.

Castor, no way in hell a Celine customer will go for SL. At least not the ones I know of. I think of Celine as the new Helmut Lang, a uniform for an [stereotype intended] intelligent woman, a gallery owner or an occasional magazine editor. They are not touching SL with a ten-foot pole.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Castor
          • Nov 2009

I hate to tell you this, but the bags and the advertising share a certain au courrant minimalist luxury language--and both houses still carry a lot of weight in the luxury market. I'm not speaking about the ready to wear, but I've already seen the SL bags on the arms of Celine bag ladies.
          Originally posted by DRRRK
          The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Temporary delusion! :-)
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Rosenrot
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Castor View Post
              You have a point. Are they keeping those styles around or is it a total reset?
              I haven't spoken to the SAs yet but so far the older models are still available for sale, although I have a feeling they will be discontinued eventually.
              Originally posted by Patroklus
              Better too adventurous than not enough
              everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

I know they're keeping that clutch that all the girls have...but only in the larger size, and only in red and black (according to the SA). I imagine they'll do the same for the Muse et al. On the ysl site they're listing them under "previous collections".
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• HWith
                  • May 2007

When I got into 'fashion' I was all over Dolce & Gabbana, Armani and logo crap, prints et cetera. Then somehow I discovered Dior Homme back in 2004 or 2005, and I started getting into 'high fashion' (I really dislike that word but I guess you know what I mean). Some years later I was decked out in Ann, Julius and really, really goth/grunge/drapery whatever. In the recent years I've been wearing more structured looks. Pleated pants, blazers. A lot of Yohji, CdG+. And then some Rick when I wanted to look tough (lol). Some weeks ago I bought my first pair of 'regular' black slim jeans in 6 years, and now I feel a pull towards print t-shirts, Chrome Hearts jewelry and Rick Owen caps. Wtf, have I been watching too many Kanye West videos or what's happening?
                  EDIT: And suddenly I think bomber jackets are the greatest thing ever. I've always hated them, but now I crave one.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

/\ We have a thread for this too. Search "how did your style evolve"

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Vanna
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Exactly. Muse was a great hit.

Castor, no way in hell a Celine customer will go for SL. At least not the ones I know of. I think of Celine as the new Helmut Lang, a uniform for an [stereotype intended] intelligent woman, a gallery owner or an occasional magazine editor. They are not touching SL with a ten-foot pole.
                      The last time I was at Bergdorfs every woman in the celine handbag section was a "Sharpy" from Long Island (My bf calls them that because anything fancy to them is "Shaaaahp"). Celine handbags are so ubiquitous that they've lost a lot of their luster. I always see them on women wearing Hollister and Uggs, especially the luggage tote.
                      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by HWith View Post
                        ...I feel a pull towards print t-shirts, Chrome Hearts jewelry...
                        no

i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Vanna
                          • May 2008

Oh, and The Muse and Downtown were basically the two bags that started the it bag trend. The Downtown is the mother of all winged it bags.

#fag
                          Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• HWith
                            • May 2007

I know. My point is that my style is regressing instead of evolving. I'm feeling a pull toward something that I perceive as bad taste and tacky myself, and I don't really understand it. Stuff that I have not found appealing in years suddenly seems like the shit, and it makes me wonder what is influencing me in that direction. I just turned 26 - maybe it's a quarter-life-crisis. Maybe I'll start wearing Polo Ralph Lauren and Abercrombie & Fitch when I turn 50

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            /\ We have a thread for this too. Search "how did your style evolve"

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Vanna View Post
                              The last time I was at Bergdorfs every woman in the celine handbag section was a "Sharpy" from Long Island (My bf calls them that because anything fancy to them is "Shaaaahp"). Celine handbags are so ubiquitous that they've lost a lot of their luster. I always see them on women wearing Hollister and Uggs, especially the luggage tote.
                              OMG, I don't get out enough.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                                Banned
                                • May 2008

easy on the LI references, it's just the south shore.we speak with lockjaw on the gold coast.

started new job this week, dude walks up to me and says "riiiiick! love it!"

Originally posted by Vanna View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎