X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vanna
    • May 2008

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
    easy on the LI references, it's just the south shore.we speak with lockjaw on the gold coast.

started new job this week, dude walks up to me and says "riiiiick! love it!"
    Oh honey you know I ruv roo.
    Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• t-bone
      • Dec 2009

Paleo Fashion:

Comment

• Castor
        • Nov 2009

Saw a shit ton of Saint Laurent at Barneys today and again I was completely underwhelmed by the quality of the fabrics and even more so the designs. Zipper trim---how exciting and original. Wallet on a chain---AGAIN? But, the worst part was definitely the shoes. Glitter winkle pickers? Seriously? Maybe Aldo will start to make pointy shoes again.

However, they bought a TON of this shit. So depressing.
        Originally posted by DRRRK
        The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• Patroklus
          Banned
          • Feb 2011

i saw zipper trim on one of the dowdy middle age lady brands while trawlin macys w/ my gf
          also lots of what looked like rick lilies in turquoise and prints kvk

Comment

• delicious_not
            • Dec 2012

Surprisingly nice picks of Gareth Pugh up on thecorner. I still can't take this guy seriously, but the clothes are becoming better and better with each season. Loving the minimal white-on-black/ kinda mathematically correct stuff, won't sell me his more androgyny shit though.

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

I don't think his stuff should be priced like it is...when you can get rick stuff for less and made in the same company, it seems strange. why would anyone buy a gareth hoodie that's almost identical to rick's for $1000? why are his jeans $700?

I guess I'll always see him as a few steps behind rick, so I really shouldn't be questioning his prices, but I just don't feel like he can charge rick prices for sub-rick clothing.
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Ahimsa
                Vegan Police
                • Sep 2011

Well if he's using the same company it might simply be that he can't produce at the same volume as Rick can due to lack of consumer interest, thus the insane markup to compensate. The issue is that people actually have to buy it so that he can achieve economies of scale and, as you said, I don't see that happening with $1000 hoodies XD
                Last edited by Ahimsa; 03-11-2013, 03:10 PM.
                StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Castor
                  • Nov 2009

Not to belabor the unfortunate success of Saint Laurent, but this sold out on the day it went up on Mr Porter.

Originally posted by DRRRK
                  The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

maybe they only ordered 1 or 2 because it looks just like that hideous LV bag and figured no one would buy it?
                    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Crowzer
                      • Feb 2011

Still available on LVR for almost 400€ less.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Castor View Post
                        Not to belabor the unfortunate success of Saint Laurent, but this sold out on the day it went up on Mr Porter.
                        Love it!
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Patroklus
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                          I don't think his stuff should be priced like it is...when you can get rick stuff for less and made in the same company, it seems strange. why would anyone buy a gareth hoodie that's almost identical to rick's for $1000? why are his jeans $700?

I guess I'll always see him as a few steps behind rick, so I really shouldn't be questioning his prices, but I just don't feel like he can charge rick prices for sub-rick clothing.
                          a lot of gareth's stuff seems like it would actually take a lot longer to construct than a comparable item from rick; lots of contrast fabrics and appliques and inverted capes in silk chiffon. meanwhile, rick is selling mountains of tshirts that have just a couple of seams and neckline piping all cut from jersey.

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

the price we pay has little to do with the work involved much of the time...we know that for a $1000 hoodie. fact is - his ish is ugz and shouldn't even be produced.

Comment

• Patroklus
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2011

but the question was about gareth's pricing in spite of producing thru o+m. rick never shot himself in the foot producing post-terrestrial spacecore because there were always plenty of tshirts that sewed up quickly and sold in fat stacks to a wide range of people. gareth's tshirts have capes and contrast fabrics and they all look like ass, no one but pugh fans are interested and they don't really work on top of other designer's clothing.

Comment

• drizzly
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Castor View Post
                                really dont see anything special about this bag, its nice but why did it sell out

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎