X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fade to Black
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Pumpfish View Post
    If I'm spending a month's wages on a garment, I want a dialogue with the designer.
    this is gold.

my random fashion thought: now that the Saint Laurent hype machine is in full swing and stockists have responded accordingly...I walked past the Dior Homme store in Ocean Terminal this afternoon, just dashed my eyesight across the space without going in and to my perception the only person I saw in there was an overweight woman sitting down, most likely a tourist from the mainland, probably in her 60s, a grandmother. If there was ever an occasion for the word 'moribund' to be epitomized, I think that was it.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Castor
      • Nov 2009

Watching Kering (nee PPR) and LVMH fight it out is getting hilarious. SL = DH.
      Originally posted by DRRRK
      The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• drizzly
        Banned
        • Apr 2012

If I'm spending a month's wages on a garment, I want a dialogue with the designer.
        Zam will talk to you via SZ

Comment

• michael_kard
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Castor View Post
          Watching Kering (nee PPR) and LVMH fight it out is getting hilarious. SL = DH.
          'The Indonesian translation, he added, “completely escaped us.”'

Idiots...
          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Pumpfish
            • Sep 2010

Fuck it anyway, I'm growing a beard.

Posting here because I hope it will be fashionable.
            spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• galia
              • Jun 2009

Fuck it anyway, I'm growing a beard.

Posting here because I hope it will be fashionable.
              Full on beards have been fashionable/hip for quite a while

Comment

• tron
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                I don't think it will be happening in any near future. I don't know, it doesn't annoy me anymore. I do find it fascinating/amusing that rap musicians think this is the pinnacle of fashion. We are definitely witnessing a zeitgeist shift. I finished my article on the whole thing, prompted by the SL ad campaign discussion. Will publish it soon.
                Very interested in hearing your thoughts, please post a link when it is available.
                "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• MoFiya
                  • Sep 2007

Everytime I see that Jil Sander marble suit I start drooling. I really love that piece although I am almost 100% certain I would never wear it in case I owned it and even if I would, it would probably look ridiculous.

Anyone once handled it in person / tried it own / owns it and actually wears it?

@xeraphim - you, sir, have an excellent wardrobe.
                  I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                  But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• xeraphim
                    • Nov 2008

^ thank you. i have actually worn mine out before, if it means anything

Comment

• Castor
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by DRRRK
                      The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• #ruin
                        • Jul 2011

why do people harp on about how drab the general public dresses, but at the same time start having a hissy fit if a famous celebrity (like asap rocky) starts wearing stuff like rick & gives it that much more exposure? these same people will also seem disgusted at the thought of something like a H&M x rick collab. even if it's not a crowd you associate with or one that you even disapprove of for whatever reason, it would still be refreshing to see others wearing such things when you're out & about no?

people will say shit like "oh i don't want them associating me with this group of people", even with the knowledge that people that people will already be judging them on a daily basis (usually negatively) due to their appearance because of how different it is to the norm. you didn't care about what peoples opinion of you was when you were the only one wearing it, so why would you care what they thought if you were just another person wearing it?

(yeah this post is the result of me having another read through the hip hop & rick thread)

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by #ruin View Post
                          why do people harp on about how drab the general public dresses, but at the same time start having a hissy fit if a famous celebrity (like asap rocky) starts wearing stuff like rick & gives it that much more exposure? these same people will also seem disgusted at the thought of something like a H&M x rick collab. even if it's not a crowd you associate with or one that you even disapprove of for whatever reason, it would still be refreshing to see others wearing such things when you're out & about no?

people will say shit like "oh i don't want them associating me with this group of people", even with the knowledge that people that people will already be judging them on a daily basis (usually negatively) due to their appearance because of how different it is to the norm. you didn't care about what peoples opinion of you was when you were the only one wearing it, so why would you care what they thought if you were just another person wearing it?

(yeah this post is the result of me having another read through the hip hop & rick thread)
                          no.

5char

Comment

• #ruin
                            • Jul 2011

why

5char

Comment

• MoFiya
                              • Sep 2007

That Cruvoir / ssl thing on Sufu still confuses me. That guy is selling great stuff but the constant spam / re-register thing and the "too-good-to-be-true" pricing somehow keeps me from buying anything.
                              I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                              But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• MJRH
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by #ruin View Post
                                the absence of drab does not an outfit make. celebrity dress-up is a game that one can only follow for so long before the attention wanders, because most celebr—well, people in general lack the ability to weave that je ne sais quoi into an outfit to make it more than just attention-grabbing. deck the world in rick and carol, and it'll be a more interesting place to be sure, but you won't see any more aesthetic cohesion of the sort found in hof.

5char
                                ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎