X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Babyshamble
    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
    let's not pretend that this is about anything other than not liking the guy's look. there are many posters here who only or substantially only post in WAYWT who don't get this sort of reaction. we've had the debate about whether people should post in other threads first before WAYWT and this was rejected. personally i don't think someone should be told to fuck off because there is disapproval of how he looks. (what an odd thing to have to explicate....... )
    Agreed.

Look what happened to Shy Poser when he first posted as well.

Sometimes this ganging up is uncalled for. And Pip, did you PM him that or what? How old are you? SMH

Comment

• Avantster
      ¤¤¤
      • Sep 2006

let's not pretend that this is about anything other than not liking the guy's look. there are many posters here who only or substantially only post in WAYWT who don't get this sort of reaction. we've had the debate about whether people should post in other threads first before WAYWT and this was rejected. personally i don't think someone should be told to fuck off because there is disapproval of how he looks. (what an odd thing to have to explicate....... )
      err, yeah. this. the whole '***********' thing really needs to die.
      let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Chant
        Banned
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by move_ment View Post
        I'm fairly new and obviously haven't been around for 1,354 posts, but it's clear if you wear, for example: Rick, AnnD, BBS, Julius, CCP, MA+, CDiem, Attachment in a waywt... and wear it well, everyone will be on your dick.
        Yes, especially if you wear them all in the same outfit ! New WAYWT challenge.

Comment

• Avantster
          ¤¤¤
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by move_ment View Post
          I'm fairly new and obviously haven't been around for 1,354 posts, but it's clear if you wear, for example: Rick, AnnD, BBS, Julius, CCP, MA+, CDiem, Attachment in a waywt... and wear it well, everyone will be on your dick.

Wear AA, Uniqlo, dior (KVA) omgz.... or just no response.

I hope that you get what I am trying to say, but I will admit i'm 'more of a visual person'.
          i don't know, if i recall correctly you weren't wearing any of those and a good deal of us (myself included) agreed that you looked pretty damn awesome.
          let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by wire.artist
            I don't wear any of the brands you mentioned, well some Cdiem.
            And I've recieved some good feedback, and usually wearing oversized, ill fitting, non black clothes. We should work on this simplistic image SZ seems to reflect..

btw we all wear some aa and uniqlo

edit: when this forum was born half of the brands you mentioned didn't existed yet. It's not about the brands FCS
            good fing point. then it would have just been cloak, cloak, cloak, dior, cloak
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• move_ment
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Avantster View Post
              i don't know, if i recall correctly you weren't wearing any of those and a good deal of us (myself included) agreed that you looked pretty damn awesome.
              correct, but imagine if I was.

I'm just saying certain brands carry a shitload of weight here, and rightly so.

Comment

• move_ment
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Chant View Post
                Yes, especially if you wear them all in the same outfit ! New WAYWT challenge.

this challenge I will leave to you

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                  • Mar 2009

I am quite new here myself, and posted for the most part on the WAYWT, probably because I'm not that keen about designers for the moment. But I don't see this thread as some kind of gothninja lookbook by any means. I'd rather understand it as a collection of works in progress, at least in the best days. I have some contributors in mind whose pics, in terms of interest, are far beyond the initial purpose of this topic - and I truly thank them for that. For what I like to see here is style in action, something smart and stimulating - not a bunch of expensive clothes, quite the same for everyone, taken from the hangers to be put on someones back.

As for this "forum's aesthetics" thing, if it were really the case, this place would be boring to death, as it is sometimes, for example when people like Fuuma and Fade to Black are not around for too long.
                  I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                  I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• move_ment
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by wire.artist
                    It's not about the brands FCS
                    anyone can look terrible wearing $5,000+ worth of clothing if they don't have style... in my case I managed to get positive feedback based on style raping Chant in much less than that.

please let it be clear I would prefer to be wearing his clothes.

it kind've IS about the brands. if it wasn't, then forums like this would not exist

Comment

• christianef
                      • Feb 2009

^ what? have you seen pictures of fuuma from the paris fashion week post? the summit of 'style zeitgeist aesthetic' conformity incarnate that boy is. i only hope he'll find his own way someday ;)

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                        • Mar 2009

I don't understand irony, I'm sorry
                        I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                        I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• DHC
                          • Jul 2007

Johnny keeping it real. Haha..you are consistently becoming the voice of reason here!
                          Last edited by DHC; 07-01-2009, 08:58 AM.
                          Originally posted by Faust
                          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• crz
                            • Apr 2008

i think babyshamble was talking to Pip..and was defending you
                            if im correct, you got banned from superfuture? so, now you want to post here? you look uncomfortable in the pictures, and frankly, you make me uncomfortable. please stick to TheFashionSpot

Comment

• Alesha
                              • Apr 2009

What hope is there for mankind, when they begin to describe themselves with brands?

Lets face it -> anyone wearing decent designer jeans and t-shirt will look good as long as it fits. Be it Gucci, Julius or KVA (or anything). It is when people start to buy pretentious over the top items - they begin to look ridiculous.

The question raised - are StyleZeitgeist people - fashion victims or free thinking individuals?

Buying a SZ look takes about 5000$ (Julius jacket, drkshdw jeans, RO top, Guidi boots) and takes about 15 minutes, as long as its well fitting and black - it will look good goth ninja like, without style component involved. So is SZ a lifehack to goth ninja look, aproving brands where you can quickly get the look SZ promotes? Or is gothninja just a facet of many looks that SZ promotes?

If I had to define people that definately stand out as people with very original sence of style, I can immidiately name MAIL MOTH... Chant sometimes. And than it becomes difficult becouse majority of other people all look very much the same (no offence, take it stoicly).

The real challange is -> Can you produce a decent look without using a hack brand (CCP, RO, Julius, Ann D, you know the drill the approved list)?
                              Originally posted by interest1
                              I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                                • Nov 2007

god. not this discussion again.

i vehemently disagree with mail-moth about waywt being a "style laboratory" of any sort although various individuals have made it this way for themselves through good manners and overall politeness or sometimes sheer luck.

personally i do want to see some of the more rarefied and if it so happens to be that way expensive clothes on people's backs in waywt. obviously i would prefer if the clothes were styled well and the photo was dslr-quality but sometimes a fit pic is enough as many pieces are highly conceptual and may not lend themselves easily to a balanced outfit.

if i want to see well-styled people in "non-sz approved" attire i turn to the fashion and celebrity magazines my wife leaves around the house.
                                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎