X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asho
    • Nov 2007

painting vintage shoes is not design...

goth ninja as a phrase needs to die. every time i see that phrase used to describe the collective aesthetic of sz that person is placed on the idiot list. 70% of fits here feature skinny black jeans, an article so far from ninja it is not funny. i doubt it is even possible to do a fly kick in them, its hard enough to get on a bike.

Comment

• asho
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Alesha View Post
      What hope is there for mankind, when they begin to describe themselves with brands?

Lets face it -> anyone wearing decent designer jeans and t-shirt will look good as long as it fits. Be it Gucci, Julius or KVA (or anything). It is when people start to buy pretentious over the top items - they begin to look ridiculous.

The question raised - are StyleZeitgeist people - fashion victims or free thinking individuals?

Buying a SZ look takes about 5000$ (Julius jacket, drkshdw jeans, RO top, Guidi boots) and takes about 15 minutes, as long as its well fitting and black - it will look good goth ninja like, without style component involved. So is SZ a lifehack to goth ninja look, aproving brands where you can quickly get the look SZ promotes? Or is gothninja just a facet of many looks that SZ promotes?

If I had to define people that definately stand out as people with very original sence of style, I can immidiately name MAIL MOTH... Chant sometimes. And than it becomes difficult becouse majority of other people all look very much the same (no offence, take it stoicly).

The real challange is -> Can you produce a decent look without using a hack brand (CCP, RO, Julius, Ann D, you know the drill the approved list)?
      congratulations... you have made the list.

i hope i am correct in saying that the majority (although probably not) here are foremost interested in design, not style.

Fatal error.

Comment

• Fade to Black
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
        i love it when SZ gets all didactic and shit
        "didactic"....hehe I've come across this word a lot in the last half year, actually that's when I first learned about it. Funny word.
        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

The question you raise is a good one Alesha. I've been worrying that SZ is becoming a kind of club of people riding the "brand loyalty wagon". This used to be a place where people appreciated finely fabricated clothing. Now the forums are littered with "must kop" posts and no backing up of why it is being so sought after. I appreciate that much of the clothing provides one with a visceral response, but the value of the clothing from the brands that everyone loves here lies in contruction, fabrics, new details in patterns. Not just the aesthetic, you know? I think the more this is addressed, the more we'll see people coming around to discussing this. This is just my humble opnion, but SZ has always been shoulders above the other fashion forums for this reason.

Edit: perhaps this post should be moved to Randomness? Ehh..who cares?
          Originally posted by Faust
          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Mail-Moth
            • Mar 2009

I don't get it, Asho. If this is exclusively about design, a WAYWT is quite useless. Pictures taken from the lookbooks and runways in the designers threads should be enough.
            I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
            I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Fade to Black
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by PoiPoi
              i got banned for refusing to put up with all the personal insults that i received from the sufu bandwagon.Makes sense doesnt it

i dont mind comments about my clothes,but most commments were about me being ''an unfortunate looking creature''
              ehh don't take superfuture personally...it's one of those things in the universe that just weren't meant to be understood.

i got a lot of that kind of mud thrown at me over there at one point...it's the online version of Oswald State Correctional Facility.
              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by asho View Post

i hope i am correct in saying that the majority (although probably not) here are foremost interested in design, not style.

Fatal error.
                this guy does more than make the list...he genuinely scares me with his moneythink.

he has a very insidious tendency of reducing everything to branding - i realize that's his profession but still... - that he then pits over-against more mainstream fashion brands as if the work of the designers that have threads on this site somehow comprises an "alternative" to the luxury brands that pervade every moscow mall.

dude is pure economics without an aesthetic bone in his body.
                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• DHC
                  • Jul 2007

sharp

Sartorialoft

Comment

• Alesha
                    • Apr 2009

I feel honoured that I am in your "little black book", please show it to your mother, or whoever you think will give a damn.

Majority... The rest are in your black book?

The question you raise is a good one Alesha. I've been worrying that SZ is becoming a kind of club of people riding the "brand loyalty wagon". This used to be a place where people appreciated finely fabricated clothing. Now the forums are littered with "must kop" posts and no backing up of why it is being so sought after. I appreciate that much of the clothing provides one with a visceral response, but the value of the clothing from the brands that everyone loves here lies in contruction, fabrics, new details in patterns. Not just the aesthetic, you know? I think the more this is addressed, the more we'll see people coming around to discussing this. This is just my humble opnion, but SZ has always been shoulders above the other fashion forums for this reason.
                    Originally I came to forum becouse I saw posters who were capable of coherent writing on fashion business. Than I saw people who had curious aproach to styling, from whom I could learn a thing or two, who managed to bring out something new, curious.

Another aim of this community is to divorce fashion from consumerism and celebrity culture.
                    Is it really? What was the new thing introduced to Fashion and Zeitgeist this season? Or can zeitgeist stagnate?
                    Originally posted by interest1
                    I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                      "didactic"....hehe I've come across this word a lot in the last half year, actually that's when I first learned about it. Funny word.
                      it's a grown up word
                      so fade congrats you're all growns up now
                      you're all growns up
                      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by PoiPoi
                        i appreciate baby defending me,i in no way attacked him at all

i got banned for refusing to put up with all the personal insults that i received from the sufu bandwagon.Makes sense doesnt it

i dont mind comments about my clothes,but most commments were about me being ''an unfortunate looking creature''
                        I dont have the time to post all i want to say, as i am very busy, but Poipoi.
                        regardless of what you do, there is something impolite about showing up on a fashion community, contributing nothing, but grandly posting some wierd post in a WAYWT thread.
                        i had been meaning to say this from jean pierre posted his gaudy outfits.............
                        I think there is a place here for everyone, regardless if they wear MA+ , Rick Owens, Carol or not.
                        I dont own alot of the brands many members here do, but ive been a veteran community member from the very beggining and do feel respected and appreciated.
                        heirloom and others posted some some real wierd oufits sometimes, but we all love them because they contribute in other ways........

There is a jamaican proverb that says "Manners Carry you through the world" .
                        I think it is applicable here, good manners always helps, lurk, learn a few things before making a grand entrance

To the Senior members.
                        I am personally disappointed with some of the responses here, are we not also being rude, by just saying F-off to some of the impolite newbies instead if explaining to them a more excellenty way of becoming a member of the forums?
                        i am not against banning people, i haver a teremendous amount of respect for Faust, and rarely ever question his judgement 9except in the case of kunk, which was cleared up when i realized what he was doing on styleforum).
                        but please guys, we have a very good forum here, let us keep it good and make it better, by helping people to become more excellent and valuable that becoming as rude as they are............

Gotta Go,
                        working on the Z'mans jamaican vacation wardrobe.
                        really cool pieces, very little time left.
                        will post some WAYWT when in jamaica next week..........

and NDF, God is not dead.......... he is the reason you are alive

love and Blessings
                        ZB

NB. Ithink i will try to formulater an onofficial New member guide to help with situations like this
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• asho
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Alesha View Post
                          Originally I came to forum becouse I saw posters who were capable of coherent writing on fashion business. Than I saw people who had curious aproach to styling, from whom I could learn a thing or two, who managed to bring out something new, curious.
                          ?
                          you came here for business? I have often suspected that sz may just be one massive market research tool for some.

fashion business is no business for me... i see fashion through the three windows Vitruvius applied to architecture... firmitas, utilitas, venustas. you would do well to think along the same lines. your ideas reek of featurism.

Comment

• DHC
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                            I don't understand irony, I'm sorry
                            Is that true Mail-Moth? I have heard that it is lost to many Parisians. Yet I found an increasingly wonderful sense of irony in decor throughout Paris this time around. Even amidst the madness of a tight and hectic schedule it gave me pause. I absolutely loved it!

Sartorialoft

Comment

• Oh weh mir
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by asho View Post
                              you would do well to think along the same lines. your ideas reek of featurism.
                              Are you really suggesting that others would do well to think along the same lines as you? That is a little presumptuous isn't it?
                              Originally posted by AVALANCHE
                              is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• DHC
                                • Jul 2007

/\ Danger Wil Robinson! Danger!

Sartorialoft

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎