X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BSR
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by dji View Post
    looks good on you BSR, does this mean I'm off the hook?

you thinking about getting your hustle on p.niddy? the arms are about an inch shorter than their usual raglan cut jacket, body length is ~1cm shorter. it's also about half a size tighter than the jut neck cut so I'd say a size 2 would be a slim 46.

if I understand correctly all of the pieces shown on the runway are size 2 (european 46) no? what you see is what you get with Julius, what's shown on the runway and in the showroom is exactly what is produced for that season.
    Yes, size 2 = 46. The more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that the tightness and shortness of this rider are part of the concept, and that the sizing table is truly respected (1=44, 2=46, and so on). I mean, the jacket fits my shoulders the same way a 46 does, but is deliberately tighter below. One might perfectly find that sizing up is a more natural, less constricted way of wearing it (as on the pictures of the guy in front of the shop), but my guess is that the the appropriate way, from an 'orthodox' Julius point of view, is given by your usual size. If I remember well, it's exactly the same thing -but the other way around- with deceptively oversized Doma pieces, according to a prevous post by pnod-master-of-size.
    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
      Could you please check these pics out and give me your opinion on the fit of the jacket. It would be much appreciated.

I'm sorry if this wasn't the right place to post this.
      I'm not an expert in leather jackets, but it seems to fit you spot on. You look good in it.
      I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
      I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

yeah, its a shrunken leather much like a shrunken thom jacket.
        i've realized that my experimentation with shrunken torso items are on the way out, preferring the slightly oversized gig lately

Originally posted by BSR View Post
        Yes, size 2 = 46. The more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that the tightness and shortness of this rider are part of the concept, and that the sizing table is truly respected (1=44, 2=46, and so on). I mean, the jacket fits my shoulders the same way a 46 does, but is deliberately tighter below. One might perfectly find that sizing up is a more natural, less constricted way of wearing it (as on the pictures of the guy in front of the shop), but my guess is that the the appropriate way, from an 'orthodox' Julius point of view, is given by your usual size. If I remember well, it's exactly the same thing -but the other way around- with deceptively oversized Doma pieces, according to a prevous post by pnod-master-of-size.
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
          Those are not chinos, Faust, even if the picture may make them look a bit like it actually - if we're talking about the apparent texture. In fact, they're cut in a quite light wool fabric mixing beige, dark, greenish brown, and white.

Here's a close-up :

The texture is a lot more visible IRL.
          very nice..
          Originally posted by Faust
          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• MississippiRebel62
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
            if you knew anything about anatomy you'd see that i've pushed my hips forward for people to be able to see the gradient in the shirt, which would've otherwise been hidden behind the cardigan. I've danced for years, there's absolutely nothing wrong about my physics or posture, thank you very much, let's focus on the clothes, mmkay?
            Ignoring the fact that I cannot conceive any way in which a person could "push their hips forward" and simultaneously have their stomach jut out in such a fashion, I was under the impression that a large part of fashion was fit of garments upon an individual. Otherwise, why not just lay your outfit on your bed and take a photograph of each individual piece?

All in all, the gray top really isn't doing you any favors and should probably be replaced by a more flattering piece of clothing.

Comment

• kollaps
              • Jul 2009

Hello sz,
              first post here

last post seems like a whole lot of gibberish and splitting hairs to me..

Heirloom:
              i love your general drapyness in the last two wayt when it comes to tops, especially this one, when combined with the ro boots and the gradient turtle neck. only thing i'd change is the hair, i know it's fluffy and all that, but i i think a knot would be better.

(or a french plait )

Comment

• genzou2.0
                • Jul 2008

if you knew anything about anatomy you'd see that i've pushed my hips forward for people to be able to see the gradient in the shirt, which would've otherwise been hidden behind the cardigan. I've danced for years, there's absolutely nothing wrong about my physics or posture, thank you very much, let's focus on the clothes, mmkay?
                i think a better camera would have helped to show the gradient more than a hip thrust

Comment

• mass
                  • Sep 2006

i'm about buck and a quarter and my stomach juts out past my chest ]: ]: ]:

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Bring The Noise View Post
                    No offense, but either the angle of the picture or the shirt makes it look like you have a bigger stomach then chest
                    Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                    a bit uneccesary, no..?
                    Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                    I think he suggested there's something wrong with your choice of shirt or photography skills rather than "physics of posture". I don't know why everyone's so touchy.
                    it depends on how you interpret it. that shirt is very slimming. that picture was in no way an attempt to make a beautiful shot. i just wanted to document.
                    Originally posted by MississippiRebel62 View Post
                    Ignoring the fact that I cannot conceive any way in which a person could "push their hips forward" and simultaneously have their stomach jut out in such a fashion, I was under the impression that a large part of fashion was fit of garments upon an individual. Otherwise, why not just lay your outfit on your bed and take a photograph of each individual piece?

All in all, the gray top really isn't doing you any favors and should probably be replaced by a more flattering piece of clothing.
                    Originally posted by kollaps View Post
                    Hello sz,
                    first post here

last post seems like a whole lot of gibberish and splitting hairs to me..

Heirloom:
                    i love your general drapyness in the last two wayt when it comes to tops, especially this one, when combined with the ro boots and the gradient turtle neck. only thing i'd change is the hair, i know it's fluffy and all that, but i i think a knot would be better.

(or a french plait )
                    Originally posted by genzou2.0 View Post
                    i think a better camera would have helped to show the gradient more than a hip thrust
                    imo, this is why non-constructive comments should be kept to oneself. it doesn't concern being able to handle criticism, its about pointless remarks having nothing but a negative effect on this thread, it always turns into more and more replies over a petty issue..
                    Last edited by lowrey; 07-18-2009, 04:06 PM.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• genzou2.0
                      • Jul 2008

im sorry, i have to disagree
                      how a model wears the clothes can change the appearance dramatically. look at yoox, all the pieces there look like shit when worn and photographed the way they do it.
                      if you arent allowed negative comments, then this thread loses its purpose and becomes (or already is to an extent) a circle jerk.

none of us as far as i can tell from the posts said anything about heirloom, we just said the way its photographed is not very appealing nor does it give a good indication of what he is wearing.

Comment

• kollaps
                        • Jul 2009

still there is a difference between negative comments and constructive criticism..

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by genzou2.0 View Post
                          im sorry, i have to disagree
                          how a model wears the clothes can change the appearance dramatically. look at yoox, all the pieces there look like shit when worn and photographed the way they do it.
                          if you arent allowed negative comments, then this thread loses its purpose and becomes (or already is to an extent) a circle jerk.

none of us as far as i can tell from the posts said anything about heirloom, we just said the way its photographed is not very appealing nor does it give a good indication of what he is wearing.
                          I'm not sure if "looks like you have a big stomach" is the best way of saying "the photo angle is not good". am I wrong to think that this kind of comments, even though not super offensive, are often the ones that lead to several pages of arguing back and forth? again, I'm not saying no to criticism - some can be expected when posting here - but I'm tired of seeing these multi page debates over the same thing.

to get back on topic, yesterday:

Linea l/s
                          doma tee
                          Indy Sentiments trousers
                          Augusta boots

(disclaimer: any gut visible in the pic is actually there)
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                            • Nov 2007

no gut visible you're all good
                            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• genzou2.0
                              • Jul 2008

i dont know, but when someone says

Originally Posted by Bring The Noise View Post
                              No offense, but either the angle of the picture or the shirt makes it look like you have a bigger stomach then chest

i think they are talking about the camera angle

and i will stop now

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

maybe you're right.. its just very easy to misinterpret things online, which is why I personally try to be careful if I criticize something. not because someone would hurt their feelings, we are all adults here, but to avoid misunderstandings and unecessary confrontation.

ok I've rambled enough

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎