X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Pip's comment was hilarious

Echoing Faust, certainly reconsider the bespoke shoes. Multi-thousand dollar footwear doesn't change an outfit that is financio-aestheticially set at a much lower price point overall. It's just not good use of your hard earned dollars.

Like Mail Moth said, keep looking on the classifieds here and also on ebay for ridiculous deals. $2000+ leather jackets go for $250 on here at times. The process is a slow one but certainly fun.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• homi
      • Nov 2007

THIRD LOOKS : http://www.thirdlooks.com
      Internet Fame http://www.internet-fame.com

Comment

• theetruscan
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Catharsis
        btw.. Any idea who makes good tailored waistcoats?
        I don't know if dress pants will work for me cus I'm looking for everyday wear... would be too bananas and try-hard if it was all bespoked and I was only going to be at school. So I dont know if I'll give up the jeans.
        Duchess in Portland, Oregon does good waistcoats for a reasonable fee. Alternately, if you're not looking for anything unusual, traveling tailors may be a way to go. And, please, find longer ones. EDIT: I don't approve of this halter-waistcoat thing. Cover your navel!

There's a whole world between jeans and dressy trousers. (I'm assuming you don't actually want tights, but what do I know) Your neo-victorian/neo-edwardian comments don't really make sense to me, and I'm not sure you're clear what you're searching for.

Why not look through a lot of collections, find pieces and outfits you like, and try to show us what you want rather than picking (it seems) random terms?
        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Ann Demeulemeester makes elongated waistcoats with two straps in the back that are highly adjustable and fit a variety of sizes.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Schadenfreude
            • Jan 2008

what do you mean by more updated? i dont see anything that he's wearing that couldn't be regarded as "up to date"
            Originally posted by ddohnggo
            fuck, that baby dresses way better than i do.

Comment

• theaddict
              • Apr 2008

Redacted...i know AA...haha, i should read more carefully...
              Last edited by theaddict; 07-23-2009, 03:10 PM.
              Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Schadenfreude
                • Jan 2008

high rise jeans on men look ridiculous to me (while im rather fond of them on women)

also, why wouldnt you want to carry around a straight razor?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Catharsis, resize your pictures when posting them here. And again, as people told you, read more than say at first, or you will quickly get on people's nerves. A search function is here for a reason.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by homi View Post
                    Homi,
                    I really like this look, except the shoes, what are they BTW?
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Catharsis
                      Okay, will do.

Btw have you guys ever thought about having two seperate WAYWT threads? one for discussion and one for pictures only?

Was that a serious question?

1) it's probably illegal, and definitely will be conviscated when I go out to bars/nightclubs
                      2) wtf do I want to be carrying a straight razor when I don't have a beard and I'm not a barber?
                      Catharisis,
                      Be patient, this is not some kind of makeover show, where you can be made over in a single day, real style evolves and developes very slowly, through experiencing things and associating in environments that ultimately inform your taste and knowledge of clothing.
                      there are no lack of clothing choices at various pricepoints (as a matter of fact I sometimes think there are too many) so you shouldnt have any difficulty in finding the type of clothing you want to wear.

Also as have been said by many of the other members, read and research the forums, you can learn alot that way, than seemingly becoming an annoyance, the beauty of SZ is that its small size allows you to consume a very large amount of high quality information in a relatively short time.............

Comment

• Schadenfreude
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by kodekid
                        seriously dudes, you really need to relax and stop taking yourself or fashion so seriously.
                        ????

this is a forum about fashion.

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

seriously dudes, you really need to relax and stop taking yourself or fashion so seriously. you may be the center of your own universes and think your style is beyond reproach, however, after lurking for quite some time, I can honesty say that the majority of you spend small fortunes to look like clowns on halloween you worship a small list of labels and show virtually no imagination or creativity.
                          not bad for a first post...........if you can defend your aguments of course.
                          Who art thou to utter such words?...... you seemest to lack knowledge or understanding

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

thanks for your input. i think its time we made a change. can you show us the way?
                            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• moomoocowsly
                              • Mar 2009

no it's not. it a forum that has a singular view of fashion. fashion is supposed to be about fun, imagination and creativity,little of which is displayed on these pages IMO
                              You think this forum has a singular view of fashion purely because it doesn't include your own singular view of fashion?

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

im asking what you would suggest to do...you must have some basis for your opinion? you must have some fun positive thoughts other than coming in here and bashing the fuck out of something that everyone else here seems to enjoy.
                                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎