Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Schadenfreude
    • Jan 2008

what do you mean by fun anyway? i have a whole bunch of fun on this forum.

and...
    Originally posted by zamb View Post
    seemest
    Originally posted by ddohnggo
    fuck, that baby dresses way better than i do.

Comment

• theaddict
      • Apr 2008

Talk is cheap...then show us your steez...
      its always the same discussion and i am getting tired of it...yeah, the world is unfair, the members here are arrogant, no one has style and only spends fortunes for costumes, everyone follows only 5 brands, bla bla bla...
      so why do you lurk around then? Forums are about interests, and yes, this forum has some narrow directions into a certain aesthetic. Why do you bother? Go to another forum which appeals you more...
      I like this forum more than any other bc people here have a certain taste...it appeals my taste...

Originally posted by kodekid
      no it's not. it a forum that has a singular view of fashion. fashion is supposed to be about fun, imagination and creativity,little of which is displayed on these pages IMO
      Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Originally posted by kodekid
        no it's not. it a forum that has a singular view of fashion. fashion is supposed to be about fun, imagination and creativity,little of which is displayed on these pages IMO
        I'm gonna cut you some slack and get what you mean, but I don't fully agree with you. I totally get both sides of the coins. One side is all about the purist, editing and very serious and self aware person that wants to be taken seriously and look beautiful, and the other is about pushing boundaries, experimenting and having a more laid back attitude towards how other people percieve you. There are a multitude of ways to relate to how you dress.

I used to be very loud and afraid of being a coward. I still am somewhat, but I have been inspired to learn how to finetune, and not take shortcuts to achieve the look I want. I used irony and a sense of humour as a way of dressing, but after a while I grew tired of it, and i just wanted to achieve what I've always imagined, without compromise. I used to be all about the visual impact, but I have a deeper understanding for material and fit and finishing today. That doesn't make me less creative or less keen on doing unconventional ideas, but I work with smaller gestures perhaps, to display that i have a sensitivity, something which I feel fit me better as a person. I want to be percieved as sophisticated, but absolutely not conventional or "adequate".

With that said, I agree that this forum is full of style police who think they can just blurt out anything without any consideration to what people might feel about it. I'm1 80 and weigh 73 kg's and have heard that my legs are "chubby". I grew up overweight, and it got to me, even though my pride wouldn't let anyone know that it did. Then this post in the WAYWT where someone said I looked fat in a photo, which is completely irrelevant. We also have the famous disagreement between me and faust (which I feel we've worked through, and both sides understand eachother) which also bugged me. Despite this I'm still here, and I think, if you don't take what people write in here seriously, you should be fine. Be your own authority and only listen to what you want to hear. another part of fashion is also not giving a fuck about what anyone else says. My recipe for being stylish is a healthy dose of anarchism and subversiveness.

This might not have been what you were thinking, but it is just my two cents.

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

Philip Nod and I dress exactly the same, you're right. Might it be that the huge ideological trench dividing you from this forum is simply a factor of needing a new pair of glasses?
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• swami
            • Jul 2008

SIGH!
            Can we have a thread SPECIFICALLY for every self righteous Noob who thinks we are a bunch of vain nerds with a closed view on fashion spending too much money to look like shit and how we could be out saving the world!

HOBO says it best

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
              Philip Nod and I dress exactly the same, you're right. Might it be that the huge ideological trench dividing you from this forum is simply a factor of needing a new pair of glasses?
              but I dont dress like you or Philip Nod, nor does Heirloom, but we are all members here, and I would like to think that we appreciate each other..............
              I found his comments to be quite rude, especially for the fact that that was his first post, but the Z-rock is not moved by such things........
              Let him post something productive, informative and helpful, if he wants fun and diversity to be here, "Just bring It" or be quiet.
              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

excuse my ignorance, but i haven't a clue as to what his means
                It means that you must have a myopic view of fashion if you think someone like, say, Philip Nod dresses the same as someone like, say, me. I think we both dress well (if I may say so myself) but the styles and approaches are light-years away from each others.

Overall the forum has a certain angle but that's to be expected. Magazines, films, books all have a certain angle. This doesn't mean we're all clones or even dress that similar.

Comment

• Fuuma
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Catharsis
                  well, i've found that every fashion forum does that.. There is no escape.
                  Well, let's be honest here. I also post on suit-focused forums and even woman's ones and am interested in various areas of fashion. It's not that you don't succeed according to our supposedly collective terms it's that you fail according to your own. Your outfits went from bad to mediocre depending on one's criteria, critique is to be expected. The pictures are low quality, badly framed and we can see dirt on the mirror. I don't take very good WAYWT myself but all these elements are adding up in your case.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                    • Mar 2009

excuse my ignorance, but i haven't a clue as to what his means
                    That would be irony of the highest form.

I got chopped down when i first joined,but i took it all in jest.
                    The reason that i joined this particular forum over any other is

1: The designers and work discussed here appeals to me and my tastes

2: The discussions 98% of the time are of a high calibre

3: Many posters here are bloody hilarious and incredibly witty.

What seperates this from other forums for me personally is the level of knowledge that people have of fashion, craftmanship and other fields that fall within the realm of creative arts.

Many people here are very diverse in their dress i.e fuuma,heirloom,mike lowery,snafu,merz,p nod,muuma etc etc
                    and funnily enough that brings us back to Fuumas post which you didnt quite get.
                    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                      • Mar 2009

How about browsing this thread a little bit more thoroughly.
                      As the old adage says "its not what you wear, but how you wear it"
                      merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

really? i would have never guess browsing the "holy grail " thread
                        Is there something particularly annoying in having a group of people interesting in specific designers gather and discuss them? If you stick around you'll also find that many posters/post diverge from that main angle but it's still relevant to have it. We hardly talk about D2 here, but CdG, MMM and MA+ all get love, would you say they release similar garments?

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Z-rock please don't issue orders to me

and thank you Heirloom for your post. I too enjoy subtlety in style. i am never looking to "overwhelm" anyone. I appreciate fine fabrics with great coloration and quality yarns. Likewise with fine craftsmanship.

i think many members here dress by the numbers, albeit, very expensive numbers.
                          Dude
                          thou hadst called out the entire forum
                          Didest thou not?
                          so how canst thou sayest that I shouldnt issue orders?

If you are going to throw down the gauntlet, be ready to unsheath your sword playa!

Seriously though, your comments were rude, and there is no point in defending them than to humble yourself and be quiet,
                          I know what my budget for clothing is, and I am comfortable with it,
                          but I also know that there are bigger budgets than mine as there are diffent sources and amounts of income for each individual......... to say that someone is spending a "mini fortune" on clothing when you don't know the life(style) or income bracket of the individual(s) is out of line..........

Also calling people clowns because they dont dress the way you do or think they should?
                          C'mon Dude, if you cant see the error of your arguments you need therapy!
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Fuuma
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER
                            If you are going to throw down the gauntlet, be ready to unsheath your sword playa!

!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                              • Mar 2009

Yes i did say there is diversity in dress,but you decided to mention the holy grail thread. That is what that comment was for.

Hence look at the members i have mentioned. If you spend as much time looking rather than typing boooo shiiiii,then maybe,just maybe you will re think what you have been babbling about for he last 2 pages
                              (bloody deleted the post by accident!)

Comment

• Fuuma
                                • Sep 2006

but that's not what you said, you said that there is diversity in dress. just because someone looks better than someone else wearing the same thing is not the point of your argument

anyway, i'm not a troll. i just wanted to voice my opinion, an opinion that nobody here is interested in

that's it for now. i'm sure i'll pop in again
                                You haven't answered any of the points we brought to the table though. I really don't think you've established anything but your own crass ignorance. Look at what I posted in the recent purchase today and tell me it's similar to what others have posted recently.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎