• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peasant
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by btbam View Post
    Spam? from NVREND?

Nothing in the image i posted is for sale.. it is a very simple fit showing what i am wearing today.
    Step outside the store for the photo and users will probably view it in a better light. Fuck, I hate puns.

Regardless; the jacket looks a bit short for your stature.

Comment

• hobo
      • Jul 2009

Ok, this is my What are we wearing today, post.

You have no idea how dificlt it was to get these photos, so enjoy...

1, The FabFan (who hates to be photographed - I think that he thinks that the camera will steal his soul ), with his protégé Conner (T shirt / necklace buddys)

Conner, you are so camp, for a straight boy!

Finally, heading up the madhouse me.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• hobo
        • Jul 2009

Both are summer '08. I can't remember the T-Shirt name, but i'll try and find out. It's a shape that they do quite regularly.
        "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• fenrost
          Banned
          • Mar 2009

great fit hobo and btbam.

love seeing the affiliates wearing brands they are representing.

Comment

• Johnny
            • Sep 2006

do you guys get changed before you go home? just thinking about you walking the Barnsley concrete in those get ups!

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by move_ment View Post
              what a stupid topic. just because these users are affiliated with a store they should not be banned from posting waywt. that goes for theaddict & hobo.

lighten up.
              Originally posted by kbi View Post
              wtf.. just cause he works for a store means he can't post waywt? Of course he's gonna post a WAYWT if he just received the new leather won't he? What has that got to do with the store? nothing.

grow up guys please. I'm getting tired of these stupid comments that have nothing to do with the clothes people are wearing.. They go to the effort to take pictures and all they get is spam/hate or what ever?? Does that make any sense?
              Originally posted by beardown View Post
              I don't see the issue here...those guys participate on the forum. We like clothes...they sell clothes. They offer a lot of hard to find items that makes the pieces easier to purchase and they support SZ.

Btbam, The torso on the Obscur leather looks really short compared to the other fit pics I remember seeing it worn in. Does it seem short compared to the rest of the jacket in proportions? It almost looks like it comes just above your waistline. The tank underneath balances it out in that photo but I'm just wondering.
              Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
              agreed with beardown. could we please stop here before we have the classic 4 page discussion on an irrelevant topic.
              back to school.
              i'm not trying to start an argument here. the point is that the affiliates have their threads to post in, and if they are going to conduct business, ie discuss the shipping of the arrival of a mass order placed months ago, then it should be done in the affliates thread.

one of the reasons i used to like SZ is because while the where2kop? can be be utterly boring and stifling at times, discussions could flourish in most other areas, and this site wasn't totally about buying and selling. lots of good, stimulating people have left, and the gap has been narrowed imo, almost to the point of obliterating any discussion in favor of subversive ads or blatant hyping of someone on a roster.

and you see, this conversation cant even occur without the staff of a store being highlighted. i'm not trying to start shit, and i know faust (and mike now) have an impossible job. its just that sometimes a little mystery goes a long way.
              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

How long is the way
                that the mystery goes,
                till the tears has ended
                or the blood flows
                Unsheathe your swords
                worthy combatants,
                mark your borders
                and defend your camps!!!!!!

Let the battles begin
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

i knew there was a reason i avoided watching gangs of new york until last night

Comment

• moomoocowsly
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                    do you guys get changed before you go home? just thinking about you walking the Barnsley concrete in those get ups!
                    I thought something similar when I last visited Pollyanna and encountered several chavs starting a fight about football outside a pub a couple of doors down the street. Chavs aren't known for being the most open-minded about clothing, so I feel sorry for you guys. :P

Comment

• theaddict
                      • Apr 2008

hmmm, i totally understand Pnods concerns. One reason why i didnt post many waywt pics so lately was that i thought it would be just a repeat of the darklands fit pics. I talked with Campbell about the participation of darklands on different threads and he clearly stated that it is ok for him that "we" participate on a certain level, for example in our affiliate thread. On the other hand he does not want to be in a too prominent position, but let the products and the website speak for itself. One reason (the other one is that he lacks time) for him not to post himself too often...
                      Of course i cannot fully keep out my affiliation with darklands of everything, but as i stated in an earlier post, i claim to be relatively neutral, especially when hyping pieces or not hyping (with not mentioning my distaste) pieces. Not a long time ago, there was only a small number of affiliated boutiques and now the danger of mixing up ad and participation is evident and its a naturally a narrow gap. I dont think any of the affiliated members (including me) crossed that line yet, but we should take measurements that it definitely wont happen in the future.

Speaking of me personally, of course not everything in darklands is to my liking, but i am not the owner of the shop or do it for my regular income. I am just helping a friend, thus it might be easier to me to be more objective than other affiliated members since i dont want to sell something necessarily. Looking at the amount of PMs it might seem to a lot of members here though that i am totally affiliated to the shop, whereas Campbell always tells me that i DONT have to answer all the questions but should forward them directly to him. I dont get paid for the stuff i do for darklands guys, please keep that in mind, i am just a nice guy helping out his friend and his fellow SZlers...and please keep that also in mind when you are a noob with 1 post asking me like 5 questions about the sizing of a leather jacket, which till now i have always answered...

I think the best solution to avoid problems right now for waywt pics is the aforementioned idea to not post pics in the own shop or alikes. Of course no affilated member should be banned to post on waywt (i want to keep on posting if i have the chance to make good pics), but to make such a slight differentiation in the background and so on would be a good start imo...
                      Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

addict didn't know you were pro bono---but please for the love of god tell me you got really good discounts on those RO leathers/samourai

Comment

• Johnny
                          • Sep 2006

^agreed on both counts.

Comment

• tlack
                            • Jun 2009

I'd like to toss in my noob perspective here. It's not like this place is a ruthless cash marketplace like eBay is. I like the posts from the affiliate-related users because they tend to have more insight and perspective on the items than the randoms. Furthermore, I really like theaddict, btbam and hobo's looks most of the time - who cares that they happen to be in the shop?

This place has way too many rules for its size. Let creativity and free discussion bloom.

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by tlack View Post
                              I'd like to toss in my noob perspective here. It's not like this place is a ruthless cash marketplace like eBay is. I like the posts from the affiliate-related users because they tend to have more insight and perspective on the items than the randoms. Furthermore, I really like theaddict, btbam and hobo's looks most of the time - who cares that they happen to be in the shop?

This place has way too many rules for its size. Let creativity and free discussion bloom
                              I agree with everything you said, except for this part.
                              i think there are not many rules, but usually the responses of the individuals, alot of times keeps the forums in check.

Although sometimes the swordsmen have to bring themselves to the fore
                              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• theaddict
                                • Apr 2008

P, i am not pro bone, but i am pro Campbell (sorry if i sounded to self appeasing in my previous post, its been a long day)...i do it mostly for fun and supporting the shop. Its a good thing to relax mentally and do something which is like holiday from nerdy law routine. Take the opportunity to go to Paris for example, Campbell makes it happen and i am very thankful for that. Its a do ut des situation...and beside that I hang out with him and his gf a lot, so we are more friends than co workers. And yes, i do get a discount, but its far less than what most guys here imagine and have asked me in PMs. He would cut me a slack for older pieces, but the problem is that due to my work as the fit model i can try the hottest and newest stuff minutes after it has arrived. And i choose what i like mostly from that pieces, thus he doesnt even get a chance to sell it. And my size is mostly the most wanted XS / S...
                                Who would expect to get a 30% discount on such new pieces, especially for a small one man operated shop.
                                So i must admit that modeling there did not make me rich, but blew a big hole in my pocket...especially this AW season...haha...but i am theaddict, right?

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                                addict didn't know you were pro bono---but please for the love of god tell me you got really good discounts on those RO leathers/samourai
                                Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎