X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rech
    • Apr 2009

i can see perfectly your point!!!
    especially for this phrase: So i must admit that modeling there did not make me rich, but blew a big hole in my pocket...especially this AW season
    i'm releated with some shop here and i'm happy to coop whit they just becouse they help me when they can.. and not for money..

i dont understand why someone cant post a WAYWT in the shop.. the question for me is:
    were YOUR clothes you Worn in that moment or were just some pieces get from the rack and put on for made a picture?????

for me this is the point....

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
      back to school.
      i'm not trying to start an argument here. the point is that the affiliates have their threads to post in, and if they are going to conduct business, ie discuss the shipping of the arrival of a mass order placed months ago, then it should be done in the affliates thread.

one of the reasons i used to like SZ is because while the where2kop? can be be utterly boring and stifling at times, discussions could flourish in most other areas, and this site wasn't totally about buying and selling. lots of good, stimulating people have left, and the gap has been narrowed imo, almost to the point of obliterating any discussion in favor of subversive ads or blatant hyping of someone on a roster.

and you see, this conversation cant even occur without the staff of a store being highlighted. i'm not trying to start shit, and i know faust (and mike now) have an impossible job. its just that sometimes a little mystery goes a long way.
      Didn't btbam anticipate your point and himself say that all questions should be in the affiliates thread?

I think it's fine if affiliates post what they wear if it's their own stuff. Many of them are in the business because they love what they do - isn't that the same reason why we post here? Isn't that commendable? And they have the knowledge about fabrics, collections, processes that many of us don't - and sometimes their contributions are very valuable.

And I hope you are not holding me accountable for those people that left, the reason you used to like SZ.

Nothing here or on any other place that is open to public discourse will ever be to everyone's liking. We have to live with it and try to make it better.

Why is this particular thread always the shit-starter?
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theaddict
        • Apr 2008

Lets ban the waywt thread!
        Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

/\ Seriously, sometimes I'm tempted.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            I think it's fine if affiliates post what they wear if it's their own stuff. Many of them are in the business because they love what they do - isn't that the same reason why we post here? Isn't that commendable? And they have the knowledge about fabrics, collections, processes that many of us don't - and sometimes their contributions are very valuable.
            for me, and for this reason, it is MORE than fine that affiliates (and their affiliates) post waywt. often they are the most passionate, most informed, and have the sickest wardrobes. hobo, theaddict, DHC, btbam and all the rest please keep posting waywt. i believe most of us really appreciate the effort.

and yes pnod's concern is legit, but i don't feel like i've seen that concern actual materialize.
            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

if you were not here in 2008 or before there is no way you would notice the shift
              Faust forgive me I'm on iPhone and will respond hopefully tmrw
              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• deleuze
                • Jul 2007

When in doubt blame the Aussies.

Comment

• Rech
                  • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Didn't btbam anticipate your point and himself say that all questions should be in the affiliates thread?

And I hope you are not holding me accountable for those people that left, the reason you used to like SZ.

Nothing here or on any other place that is open to public discourse will ever be to everyone's liking. We have to live with it and try to make it better.

Why is this particular thread always the shit-starter?
                  For me is the same! this is the core of the discussion IMO..

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

I see what you meant niddy, but as some others said I can't say that I would've seen the line being crossed. as mentioned affiliate discussions should be kept in the respective threads as this one gets plenty of distractions as it is
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Vanna
                      • May 2008

^Can't really see the clothes, but it's a cool picture nonetheless.

PS: All the man on man flirting is tres coot.
                      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• STEALTH
                        • Feb 2008

i posted one pic in this thread

And i 'ain't shipping shit , campers

I think that is the difference
                        Last edited by STEALTH; 09-03-2009, 08:03 PM.
                        https://www.facebook.com/Marc.Stealth.Kaos

Comment

• STEALTH
                          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                          back to school.
                          i'm not trying to start an argument here. the point is that the affiliates have their threads to post in, and if they are going to conduct business, ie discuss the shipping of the arrival of a mass order placed months ago, then it should be done in the affliates thread.

one of the reasons i used to like SZ is because while the where2kop? can be be utterly boring and stifling at times, discussions could flourish in most other areas, and this site wasn't totally about buying and selling. lots of good, stimulating people have left, and the gap has been narrowed imo, almost to the point of obliterating any discussion in favor of subversive ads or blatant hyping of someone on a roster.

and you see, this conversation cant even occur without the staff of a store being highlighted. i'm not trying to start shit, and i know faust (and mike now) have an impossible job. its just that sometimes a little mystery goes a long way.

More power to P NOd for bringing this up by the way

Chant down babylon

And release the pressure !!!

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

/\ Let's take this conversation to the feedback forum. I am sure Pnod has more to say, and I am ready to listen.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• christianef
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by tlack View Post
                              I'd like to toss in my noob perspective here. It's not like this place is a ruthless cash marketplace like eBay is. I like the posts from the affiliate-related users because they tend to have more insight and perspective on the items than the randoms. Furthermore, I really like theaddict, btbam and hobo's looks most of the time - who cares that they happen to be in the shop?

This place has way too many rules for its size. Let creativity and freedom discussion bloom.

i've worked a lot of high-end retail and i can appreciate first-hand insight and perspective when it comes to often tricky garments, but i can also appreciate bottom line sales. SA's/shop owners aren't always the most accurate sources of information, sadly. ( ive got responses from darklands to the tune of "what size are you normally in Ann, buy that size. ex im always an XS and always buy XS." which i consider terrible advice having worked in an Ann Boutique and being familiar with a lot of her garments/ a lazy attempt to make a quick sale, no offense again. i know they're busy) and a lot of times they are. im not sure what kind of commission either party makes off these affiliations, its a cool forum and it's nice if everyone can scratch each other's alpaca LUC knits. and obviously its not to the point of unfettered celebrity stealth marketing and huge corporate buy-outs, but you have to be careful as The Addict mentioned. first its this and then the Atelier guys start posting the fit pics from their site, or new arrivals blog in this thread ( i know they have too much class to ever actually) and nobody will ever think twice because scout's affiliated with all the same boutiques, and so on. Faust gives his honest opinion when he checks out the new doma shipment at Atelier; if the fabrics seem cheap, what pieces really stick out etc. i know these guy do a lot of the buying so it makes sense they probably have a connection with a lot of the pieces but the forum will lose all its legitimacy and the discussion will officially be dead when every thread becomes a circus of our store has it so its good. buy it.

okay, cue fumma to make the proverbial ironic 'ad space' joke and invert the whole topic into an high-voltage explosion of ahah sorry its really late/early here.

Comment

• STEALTH
                                • Feb 2008

You do not see anyone from Atelier NYC whoring themselves in here

I think that speaks volumes : )

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎