X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • C'est Fini
    • Sep 2009

a perfect example of how NOT to wear.

does he intentionally dress like a troll, albeit in super high end designer clothes? well i wouldnt really call pugh super hi-end but yes...
    i remember seeing some atrocious ma+ posts.

Comment

• cryhavoc
      • Jun 2008

I wouldn't go so far to say he's experimenting with his personal aesthetic - more like attempting to buy style while cycling through imitation designer looks faster than lance armstrong. But it's all been said before soooo..

Comment

• eat me
        • May 2009

wow, way to fuck up GP look. He makes it look like something picked up from Camden.

Comment

• C'est Fini
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by JoniF
          He's not a troll, just a man experimenting with his personal aesthetic. And I don't know about you, but I consider "pugh" super high-end.
          I cant visualize any sane red-blooded male looking good in Gareth Pugh.
          I guess it is strictly reserved for those if i may quote another szer, men who wish to explore the unchartered territories of male drag, tranny goths, show-biz folk(kylie,partickwolf) and jean paul paula and his army of noveau cross-dressing 'fashionista's' and of course, boys who like boys who like girls.

It is much more accepted in our society for women to break such sartorial laws(in my world anyway). Somehow they dont look as stupid as men when they wear crazy ensembles.

Isuck needs to be shot down...he will become infamous, but it will rid the world of the HORROR.

Comment

• huckleberry
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Venus in Furs
            ha... guy with the spread collar's reaction is hilarious
            awesome, I havnt laughed that hard at a picture for a long time. Best possible reaction.

Comment

• Chant
              Banned
              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by C'est Fini View Post
              I cant visualize any sane red-blooded male looking good in Gareth Pugh.
              I guess it is strictly reserved for those if i may quote another szer, men who wish to explore the unchartered territories of male drag, tranny goths, show-biz folk(kylie,partickwolf) and jean paul paula and his army of noveau cross-dressing 'fashionista's' and of course, boys who like boys who like girls.
              Wish Fuuma would have bought this coat.

Comment

• croatoan
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                Wish Fuuma would have bought this coat.
                So it would drag in the dirt, where it belongs?

(I'm just going to assume/pretend he is shorter than iSuck)
                Last edited by croatoan; 09-23-2009, 07:28 AM.

Comment

• C'est Fini
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by croatoan View Post
                  christian, as far as im aware, fuuma is an exeption

he is only halfman

other half

amazing?

:P

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

Thanks guys. I wanted a "blazer" but had a WTF was I thinking moment when I realized I could never fit an overcoat over it due to the shoulders. Feedback about the quality not being up to par with what was seen in the show/showroom also alarmed me.

On the subject of wearing outlandish pieces, I'll once again repeat that you should never forget what they mean/signify/evoke in addition to what they look like (the encounter between your morphology and shapes, structures, colors and texture). I was talking to the tattooed guy from Rick Owens NYC, whose name escapes me at the moment (James?) and told him that, while most RO pieces looked amazingly congruent with his appearance and demeanour, they were like costume when I put them on.

To quote Philippe Noiret (a notable dandy and bespoke John Lobb client-RIP):

“ J’ai toutes les apparences d’un bourgeois, l’allure d’un bourgeois, le parfum d’un bourgeois, mais je ne me suis jamais senti un bourgeois. »

(I show all the signs of being a bourgeois, have the look of a bourgeois, the perfume of a bourgeois but I never felt like I was a bourgeois.)

So I prefer to play on that contradiction than go for something else, which might also explain why I didn’t get the Pugh piece. For example, Andrew in a skirt is punk, he could wear the CdG or RO ones without a hitch, me in a skirt is some sort of ridiculous gender-bender circus I want no part in.
                    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by croatoan View Post

(I'm just going to assume/pretend he is shorter than iSuck)
                      I'm around 5'8" he's around 6'2". I met him several times and I like the guy, he's more aware of what he is purchasing than most consumers in my opinion, which is why he can get Balmain without irony nor illusions. The rest is of course up to discussion.

ps: I had to edit my post because I initially wrote "being" instead of "purchasing", hmmmmm....

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Fuuma, it's refreshing to see you back and as articulate as ever.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• merkuri
                          • Sep 2009

^you sir, are banned for mentioning isuck's name.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          iSuck was wearing Gareth Pugh yesterday. Epic. Fail.

Comment

• Fuuma
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Fuuma, it's refreshing to see you back and as articulate as ever.
                            I've been following the multiple dramas unfolding in the last say, 2 weeks and didn't know how to approach them, as you are well-aware of, since we talked about it face to face. I figure we can always go back to talking about clothes and ideas, works every time.

Comment

• Chant
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

Since the WAYWT is a bit lazy these days, I've asked my cat what she'd like to wear today :

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

/\ tell your cat i don't like those. meow!
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎