X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peasant
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Oh weh mir View Post
    I don't see what the big issue is with the belt. There as several m.a+ and julius belts with a similar effect. I think it compliments the looseness of boris' silhouettes pretty well. I can see how it sticks out here, but I think that has a lot to do with the structure and length of the coat.
    Similar? Maybe. This bad? No. I love most Boris pieces. But the belt is a bit absurd. I think it would work if it had several options for length. Other comparable belts that are adjustable can look really good.
    How long would you like the coat to be for the belt to not appear too long? Soon he'll be stepping on one of them.

That being said; I like the rest. Best I've seen this coat, yet.

Comment

• merkuri
      • Sep 2009

i have seen people lie on many fora about what they're wearing. someone on sufu listed a jacket as DH and my buddy who works for H&Ms design department had just showed me the jacket a week earlier.

Originally posted by christianef View Post
      i think it was magician who posted a cardigan everyone thought was a rick owens and turned out to be from target. ive never mistaken a bmw for a ford and i don't follow cars at all. must be a real master of illlusion.

oh weh mir, i contest the second look. poell boots dont stand up well under all that drape, which looks out of place itself. and your own physical proportions don't seem to suit the silhouette all that great. kind of makes you look like a centaur but with a cyclopse eye.

Comment

• theaddict
        • Apr 2008

thanks guys, yes the hat is only there bc i am so lazy and it was raining cats and dogs that day just seconds before the sunshine came through. In autumn/winter days i tend to just put the hat on regardless of what i wear since it will protect me from rain...but i must admit there are better things to wear with this outfit.

In regards to the belt, the first time i wore it, i also thought that it is too long and looks like a useless third phallus symbol on me. But i got used to it, now i like how it adds a certain "specialness" to most of my all black (most people could not really differ what i am wearing since it is layers of black) outfits. Shortening is not an option for me anymore.
        I saw Boris himself, wearing everything like 3 sizes too big, including the belt and i thought, "fuck, thats so easy and cool, just a fuck the world attitude"...and i loved his look. Not copying him completely, but surely i got some inspiration from him.
        Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Oh weh mir
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
          How long would you like the coat to be for the belt to not appear too long? Soon he'll be stepping on one of them.

That being said; I like the rest. Best I've seen this coat, yet.
          Actually, I wasn't thinking longer, but to each is own. I guess the height of the wearer would figure in too, but since your problem is with the belt itself I can't really argue. I don't mind shit hanging off me but that's just my opinion.

Agree with you on the coat though, it's the best I've seen of it aswell.
          Originally posted by AVALANCHE
          is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• May 2007

Might have something to do with the way it is stored? I have a LUC overcoat, the one from A with no collar, looks more like a super long cardigan with 5 buttons. The one they had hanging was a bit stretched out at the shoulders if I remember correctly.

I'm very careful with hanging things up, I'd never hang something like that on hangers, and all my clothes is either on a super wide hanger or on 2 or 3 normal sized hangers together to avoid shoulder pulls.

Originally posted by Oh weh mir View Post
            That's terrible, completely wrong and I have to be honest, I would be surprised if they still have a job in retail... I've been wearing the shit out of this coat and it looks the same as it did last winter. no sagging. some creasing/bunching at the elbow but I actually like it that way. Lable has always held up beautifully for me (exception being a silk sweater, but that mostly my fault). I know that A has one, either from the same year or a the year after. It's almost identical, just a little darker and has a notched collar that's meant to serve some purpose. Great coat. I think it was a 46 or a 48.

Comment

• scott.m
              • Mar 2009

just some new things in the mail, thought i'd try them on and get some opinions!

carpe cashmere/wool shirt, l'm knit, uniqlo denim (working on getting something better) carpe sneaker/shoes?

Comment

• mesh
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                For the record, laika looked smashing yesterday, October 12, 2009.
                < jealous

Comment

• mononon
                  • Sep 2009

scott, those carpe diem shoes are killer
                  calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• Peasant
                    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                    Shortening is not an option for me anymore.
                    I saw Boris himself, wearing everything like 3 sizes too big, including the belt and i thought, "fuck, thats so easy and cool, just a fuck the world attitude"...and i loved his look. Not copying him completely, but surely i got some inspiration from him.
                    In that case, I'm for it.

Comment

• Jorge Hache
                      • Sep 2006

Great Mona

Love the proportions and how the color palette seems to fade from black to light gray (from bottom to top), also the boots are truly beautiful.
                      Last edited by Jorge Hache; 10-13-2009, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• Peasant
                        • Jul 2009

Mona: Another very nice look. My favorite of yours, thus the commenting. Really like the skirt and boots. The ties are a cute touch. The sleeves of the jacket are pretty long for the shortness of the torso, but I think it works anyway.

Comment

• c.r.e.a.m.
                          • Jan 2009

been a while...

julius|aa|n(n)|ro

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Mona,
                            I love the drape of the skirt, and i have a wealness for jackets with narrow super long sleeves, I am not really loving the boots though, even though it just might be the angle pf the pic.

Scott,
                            I don't like the shoes in your pic, maybe the ones under the garment rack might have been a better choice

SA,
                            I really like the peices you are wearing, but its a little too severe all together in one outfit,.............I am going to banish meat from my diet for six months, to see if I can loose some weight and develop a body like yours

NIce CREAM,! everything looks right and relaxed in this outfit
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Jorge Hache
                              • Sep 2006

Nice to have you posting here again C.R.E.A.M., another simple but great look

Comment

• Jorge Hache
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                                Scott,
                                I don't like the shoes in your pic, maybe the ones under the garment rack might have been a better choice
                                Agree with Zamb about Scott, the white shoes are great but they contrast with the outfit too much, also they seem more relax than the whole.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎