X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

its a nice photo and all, but kind of reminds me of a h&m catalog. I don't mean that as an insult, there just isn't anything interesting about it.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• XenoX101
      • Dec 2008

Well personally I see interest for sure, in the purple/red hued colours he's used (and not just the photography colour bias) and the combination of patterns, I also like the various textures and how they are all fairly rustique/country,they go very well together. It's not as full on or obvious as most of the WAYWT here, but it's subtle beauty that is just as deserving of appreciation (I wrote a lot about this in the designer Ervell S/S 10 thread).

I can understand how it can seem boring to some though and respect that, this is just my way of looking at it (and neither way to me is right or wrong).

Comment

• Peasant
        • Jul 2009

^The brooding facial expression is nothing less than corny. Everything else is Ok, though.

Comment

• Avantster
          ¤¤¤
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by hobo View Post
          Well chaps, here is a little tickle of my Chrome Hearts:
          We were the first store in the UK to stock them. I was 17 at the time and attending the Minneapolis College of Art and Design (Happy Days). I first saw Chrome Hearts in the Comme des Garcons showroom in Paris, on a Japanese American lady called Stella, who at the time, was in charge of Comme’s European and North American distribution. Later that year, I met up with Richard (designer and crazy biker) in a Manhattan hotel room, to make the order, with my mother who had flown in from the UK. Richard suggested making a variation on one of his regular wallets for me, to incorporate a change compartment, something that he had only done on his own wallet. I suppose that makes the wallet pretty unique. The bag, I bought in the store later that summer, when I was back in the UK. Enjoy... I have, for the last 20 years!

As you can see, the wallet has been around the block a few times. I’ve carried it almost every day for over half my life!
          Now that's a story. It's great to see just how well they've held up over the years. I've been using a Margiela wallet for only over a year now and the card slots are already coming unglued, and the leather is far more trashed than yours.
          let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
            ^The brooding facial expression is nothing less than corny. Everything else is Ok, though.
            I just don't understand what he is doing on here. Posting a bunch of outfits. Should I start an SZ modeling agency?
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• misterpale
              • Apr 2008

hmmm.....as the founder you have the right to explore new markets...

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              I just don't understand what he is doing on here. Posting a bunch of outfits. Should I start an SZ modeling agency?

Comment

• Peasant
                • Jul 2009

I don't even understand the desire to post so many WAYWT's. Especially when you've basically contributed nothing to other areas of the forum. You're basically saying your primary interest is yourself. There are other aspects than a person putting on clothing.
                Anyway...

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                  • Nov 2007

We were the first store in the UK to stock them. I was 17 at the time and attending the Minneapolis College of Art and Design (Happy Days). I first saw Chrome Hearts in the Comme des Garcons showroom in Paris, on a Japanese American lady called Stella, who at the time, was in charge of Comme’s European and North American distribution. Later that year, I met up with Richard (designer and crazy biker) in a Manhattan hotel room, to make the order, with my mother who had flown in from the UK. Richard suggested making a variation on one of his regular wallets for me, to incorporate a change compartment, something that he had only done on his own wallet. I suppose that makes the wallet pretty unique. The bag, I bought in the store later that summer, when I was back in the UK. Enjoy... I have, for the last 20 years!
                  great story! i'd love one of those wallets. maybe when my beloved m.a+ is retired...
                  LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• DRRRK
                    • Aug 2009

The idea of a modelling agency makes sense. I know this was not meant to be a serious question, but why not? There are some talented guys here.

Comment

• Enaml
                      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                      its a nice photo and all, but kind of reminds me of a h&m catalog. I don't mean that as an insult, there just isn't anything interesting about it.
                      It's a little but more UO than H&M, IMO
                      How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Enaml
                        • Apr 2009

Well chaps, here is a little tickle of my Chrome Hearts:

As you can see, the wallet has been around the block a few times. I’ve carried it almost every day for over half my life!
                        Did you graduate from MCAD or move to somewhere else? Also, how exactly did you end up attending in the first place, assuming you grew up in the UK?
                        How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Enaml View Post
                          Did you graduate from MCAD or move to somewhere else? Also, how exactly did you end up attending in the first place, assuming you grew up in the UK?
                          From what I understand he just got drunk one day in Yorkshire and woke up the next day in Minnesota. Who knows what happened in-between?
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hobo
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Enaml View Post
                            No I never graduated. The £ crashed against the $ and my formal education ended abruptly. I had to return to the UK and get a job as a shop assistant in a bloody clothes shop in Barnsley!

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            From what I understand he just got drunk one day in Yorkshire and woke up the next day in Minnesota. Who knows what happened in-between?
                            You're not far wrong Faust, but it was the other one of my weaknesses, pretty girls. I fell in love with a Minnesotan girl, and the only way to go live in Minnesota was to go to college. So being the arrogant fool that I am, I applied to the best college that I could find (and I believe that MCAD was pretty high in the rankings at the time) and I got in. The girl disappeared, as they tend to, but I decided that there may be a future in this US art thing... Jackson Pollock, Robert Motherwell, Jasper Johns... The shock of the new... from Bauhaus to our house! So I hung around for a while.
                            "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• theaddict
                              • Apr 2008

Follow your heart...thats a rule i often not obeyed in my life...thumbs up for that Hobo!

You're not far wrong Faust, but it was the other one of my weaknesses, pretty girls. I fell in love with a Minnesotan girl, and the only way to go live in Minnesota was to go to college. So being the arrogant fool that I am, I applied to the best college that I could find (and I believe that MCAD was pretty high in the rankings at the time) and I got in. The girl disappeared, as they tend to, but I decided that there may be a future in this US art thing... Jackson Pollock, Robert Motherwell, Jasper Johns... The shock of the new... from Bauhaus to our house! So I hung around for a while.
                              Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• hobo
                                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Venus in Furs View Post
                                That's very cool man, to have those items be a part of your life for such a long time. They look great. I must ask, do you use any leather conditioners or treatments on the bag to keep it in such good condition all these years? I recently purchased an ma+ bag and have been wondering whether I should use anything on it to prevent the leather from drying out/cracking. I've received mixed responses.

Yes it is cool. I love them.

Regarding looking after the leather;
                                I really wouldn’t listen to any advice as to whether you should or shouldn’t treat your bag in a certain way. What you should do is listen to advice on the pros and cons of each way of doing it. I know very good shoemakers, who never treat their handmade leather shoes with anything because they like to see them age more quickly. On the other hand I know people who treat their shoes every day because they want them to look as perfect as possible. Either way as long as you don’t abuse it, the leather will probably out live you. The question is, what will it look like when you pass away.

I have never done anything to look after this leather but it is thick heavy duty leather. It's supple, thick and very strong, plus the older it gets the better it looks. I like fucked up looking leather.

I think that you need to assess 2 separate things, both of which will help you decide what to do with your bag; the first is, what kind of leather is it. If it is very smooth, or thin, or particular luxury leather, you may want to treat it differently to my thick heavy biker leather. The second question is, what do I want it to look like in 10 years (i.e. in ten years would I prefer it to look 5 years old, or 20 years old). I think that by giving those questions some serious thought, you'll know what to do with it, without asking anyone else’s opinion.

Good luck
                                "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎