• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by hobo View Post
    Oh no, not the ‘we’re just friends’ stage. The boat has sailed, the cause is lost! It’s too late to resuscitate! Gutted, how did you let that happen?
    the boat has indeed sailed as you're speaking of another mans girlfriend here
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• theaddict
      • Apr 2008

Geez...hobo cool it. They are one of the most relaxed and nice guys i ever met. They are a bunch of old friends who have been doing music together since they were 16 and this is just a press pic. No need to be on the "i want to be superindividual and do nothing like anyone else" trip after being 20years in the business and doing quite well. Joakim is wearing the sunglasses bc he hates the flashlight. And they left all their children and wifes at home to at least keep up minimum of rocknroll image (i guess)...i mean your facial expression is not so much different from theirs, at least from what i have seen so far (and you got great steez too!). most facial expressions here are the same...maybe i should ask campbell if i can do some crazy faces for the next shootings..haha
      Apart from music taste i like them as people and if you would have met them you would think the same. As you posted prior, dont judge on something you didnt experience yourself. (no offence hobo!)

Can someone please tell me why bands find it necessary to do the tough guy look every time they're getting photographed. Will someone ask them to do something original for fuck's sake!

Stand on your head, stick you're tong out, just do something to avoid pulling the same clenched jaw fucking look that's been happening since the Stones were first photographed for NME.

They're musicians not fucking gangsters! Do they not know how fucking stupid they look???

There's no wonder Liam Galaga keeps getting slapped, is there!

Ps. Nice outfits though!
      Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Johnny
        • Sep 2006

[QUOTE=hobo;189230

I refer you to my comment above (not the one to theAddict)!

[/QUOTE]

Which one and why?

Comment

• ES3K
          • Oct 2008

Maybe it's just me but I sense this senseless and off topic aggression recently. Not the high sport of Rick trainers bashing or the Twitter discussion which I enjoyed, more this "german car design sucks", "their music sucks", "why are all bands posing" thing.

Love the pictures, TheAddict, thanks for sharing.

Comment

• DRRRK
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by ES3K View Post
            Maybe it's just me but I sense this senseless and off topic aggression recently. Not the high sport of Rick trainers bashing or the Twitter discussion which I enjoyed, more this "german car design sucks", "their music sucks", "why are all bands posing" thing.

Love the pictures, TheAddict, thanks for sharing.
            Two of the three quotes come from me. There is no aggression at all. I do not like German Cars. Is that an aggressive feeling? I do not like Kent's music, too. Where is the aggression in that. In the last couple of days the main reason for the arguments was not aggression, but over-sensitivity and over-reaction.
            And Hobo has the right to ask why are bands posing all the time. In the end they are all doing it. The WAYWT thread is full of different opinions. That's what it is for.

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
              Two of the three quotes come from me. There is no aggression at all. I do not like German Cars. Is that an aggressive feeling? I do not like Kent's music, too. Where is the aggression in that. In the last couple of days the main reason for the arguments was not aggression, but over-sensitivity and over-reaction.
              And Hobo has the right to ask why are bands posing all the time. In the end they are all doing it. The WAYWT thread is full of different opinions. That's what it is for.
              please no more disagreeable musicians or anybody that waters down ccp. it makes me want to sell it all on sight. I seem to remember nirvana unwound sonic youth basically every band I listened to in the 90s making total asses of themselves for every photo shoot so I don't get hobos comment at all(looking forward to a 3 pharagraph reply!!!
              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• DRRRK
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                please no more disagreeable musicians or anybody that waters down ccp. it makes me want to sell it all on sight. I seem to remember nirvana unwound sonic youth basically every band I listened to in the 90s making total asses of themselves for every photo shoot so I don't get hobos comment at all(looking forward to a 3 pharagraph reply!!!
                Back in the days...
                Let's say Hobo's accusation is justified for 90% of NME bands. But that's Hobo's discussion, unfortunately i've got my own now.

Comment

• ES3K
                  • Oct 2008

(...) looking forward to a 3 pharagraph reply!!!
                  LMAO!

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

Shit, the WAYWT discussions are really good nowadays. Continue the good work.
                    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                      • Nov 2007

hobo: Wrong, wrong, wrong and oh so very wrong. I really think that you’re missing the point by a mile! Open your mind and let us inside!

(some zboss-style quote appropriation )
                      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• theaddict
                        • Apr 2008

I`ll tell her to Pm you Mona!

My respond to hobo is from a very subjective perspective since i know the guys personally and i really like them.
                        Its like the discussion on the Rick Owens models from the NY page whome are friends with Faust and people were suggesting some things about them.
                        So i dont blame Hobo for anything, just said that he "might" prejudge a case (in harsh words, but maybe i am too sensitive...), as we all might prejudge if there would be no insight like knowing them personally. And i just refered to the Twitter thing bc it was an interesting situation with with very strict views, which could be placed here too...
                        anyway, i dont think there is another war going on and i declare peace (again)...at least we Germans have to watch what we say with our new foreign minister who barely is able to speak english...muahahahaha

Originally posted by MonaDahl
                        theaddict, please ask your sister-friend for details - especially on the jacket. It fits so well in the arms!

Hobo I'm actually in NYC, but same idea I suppose.
                        Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• DRRRK
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                          hobo: Wrong, wrong, wrong and oh so very wrong. I really think that you’re missing the point by a mile! Open your mind and let us inside!

(some zboss-style quote appropriation )
                          Be careful. Only the slightest hint of aggression will not be appreciated.

Comment

• DRRRK
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                            I`ll tell her to Pm you Mona!

My respond to hobo is from a very subjective perspective since i know the guys personally and i really like them.
                            Its like the discussion on the Rick Owens models from the NY page whome are friends with Faust and people were suggesting some things about them.
                            So i dont blame Hobo for anything, just said that he "might" prejudge a case, as we all might prejudge if there would be no insight like knowing them personally. And i just refered to the Twitter thing bc it was an interesting situation with with very strict views, which could be placed here too...
                            anyway, i dont think there is another war going on and i declare peace (again)...at least we Germans have to watch what we say with our new foreign minister who barely is able to speak english...muahahahaha
                            The Addict, ich hau mich weg. Der Westerwelle...
                            Ich meinte wirklich nichts böse, das Kompliment an euch beide stand im Vordergrund.

Ich bin in Berlin am Wochenende. Ist irgendwas zu empfehlen? Sonst hänge ich bestimmt wieder in der 8mm Bar rum

Comment

• hobo
                              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                              Geez...hobo cool it. They are one of the most relaxed and nice guys i ever met. They are a bunch of old friends who have been doing music together since they were 16 and this is just a press pic. No need to be on the "i want to be superindividual and do nothing like anyone else" trip after being 20years in the business and doing quite well. Joakim is wearing the sunglasses bc he hates the flashlight. And they left all their children and wifes at home to at least keep up minimum of rocknroll image (i guess)...i mean your facial expression is not so much different from theirs, at least from what i have seen so far (and you got great steez too!). most facial expressions here are the same...maybe i should ask campbell if i can do some crazy faces for the next shootings..haha
                              Apart from music taste i like them as people and if you would have met them you would think the same. As you posted prior, dont judge on something you didnt experience yourself. (no offence hobo!)
                              Hey addict, common, you should know that I'm all bluster by now. I'm loud and I swear way too much, but I'm just fucking around and having fun. I didn't mean to insult your friends. The post was supposed to be funny. It's also kind of ironic that I too leave my wife and child at home when I want a bit of a rock and roll evening, but to be honest, I'm usually happier at home with my slippers in front of the TV. I am pushing 40 now!!! But still you must admit their facial expressions are more of the 'I'm a tough guy' look than the usual blank expression that me and most other SZers adopt. And it is exactly my point that the bands that do the 'tough guy' look, are usually really nice guys!

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                              Which one and why?
                              This one;
                              May be wrong here but I’m assuming thet there is supposed to be a juxtaposition of colour, pattern and style. If you take that away, it’s just another outfit. What you’re criticizing is exactly what makes it great.
                              Originally posted by new_dawn_fades
                              hobo i understant fuumas thing with the clashing colurs and patterns as its a very cdg junya thing to do.Oh and i think i know a little about fuuma's personality
                              I just said what I would prefer.
                              its was more of an opinion than a critique.
                              I know, and you have every right to express your opinion, even if it is wrong!

Originally posted by MonaDahl
                              theaddict, please ask your sister-friend for details - especially on the jacket. It fits so well in the arms!

Hobo I'm actually in NYC, but same idea I suppose.
                              Sorry, with your sartorial elegance, and the backgrounds in your photo’s I assumed that you were a Londoner. I had you down for Knightsbridge or Mayfair. So it’s true assumption is the mother of all fuckups!

Fuck off Niddy!

Originally posted by ES3K View Post
                              LMAO!
                              Ditto!
                              "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• holger
                                • Mar 2009

Today

Blk Wool Jacket: MiuMiu
                                Blk Jumper: MMM
                                Grey/Green Jeans: DH
                                Blk Hi-Tops: Lanvin

Sorry for the bad pics.

Video

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT
                                SZ Stock ausm Arsch und entspannen!