• Johnny
    • Sep 2006

good look for a windy day eternal

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by holger View Post

OK, i promised, the next Jeans i will buy is a cool black skinny jeans .
      NOT SKINNY!! Slim straight leg.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chant
        Banned
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Eternal
        I tend to disagree, but thanks for the comment. I got grey detroits, and dirty blue as well and while I love both pants combined with black footwear, I still don´t think it would have been a better choice.
        No problem, but the combination of the all white shoes and the black pants doesn't work (and is very common, not to say a tad "vulgar") and the transition between black trousers and very light tank neither (too much contrast).
        Try the same outfit with lighter pants, post the pic and let people vote.

And for the dirty whites, I´ve still yet to seen an outfit look better with them.

Comment

• Tia
          Banned
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Christian View Post
          No problem, but the combination of the all white shoes and the black pants doesn't work (and is very common, not to say a tad "vulgar") and the transition between black trousers and very light tank neither (too much contrast).
          Try the same outfit with lighter pants, post the pic and let people vote.

good man......I'm not a fan of sneakers in total white,but the looks is great...

Comment

• DRRRK
            • Aug 2009

I like the outfit and especially the DD jacket, Christian. I have the same but was not able to wear it in since Mid-October. I wear it a little wider though. 46 fitted fine but I preferred 48 because of the blength at the back. In fact it is the only piece in my closet I bought one size up.

Comment

• DRRRK
              • Aug 2009

I forgot to ask what you think of the tassels on this jacket?

Comment

• Chant
                Banned
                • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Eternal
                I think the break between the dirty white and the black jacket is just as much of a problem right there. And in my picture, it was just the flap, and then some grey. I don´t mind strong a strong contrast, I actually love it. And white with black is not a new combination really, it´s been done forever.

Here is one for you Christian, it´s too monochromic for me to prefer it over the other one, but I would say it works.

I´m still not with you on dirty white + grey. As that´s pretty much like the color beige + grey, and I don´t like to combination of the two at all.
                Thanks for the pic.
                I like it like that, but you're right with grey trousers it's a tad monochromatic.
                Do it again with blue now !

Dndy1840's outfit is a bit different. In yours, the black was "sandwiched" between light colours ; in his, upper is all dark, bottom is all light. And it works like this.

Comment

• Chant
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2008

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                  I forgot to ask what you think of the tassels on this jacket?
                  Very nice when you're at the restaurant, especially when you're eating some soup.

Preview :<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:EN-CA; mso-fareast-language:EN-CA;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tableau Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

Damir Doma persistently insists on the internal logic that must govern garments. The anecdotic, superfluous, illustrative and folkloric are thus banished from his vocabulary, with hindsight he finds his FW09 to be slightly “overloaded”. As to the pendulous strings that became one of the characteristics of his aesthetic, they go beyond their practical function (they allow to roll up the sleeves) that would be enough to legitimate their inclusion. They also have a structural, dynamic and tactile role. The strings act as an extension of the seams of the garment, underlining its construction, architecture and structural lines. They also fill a dynamic role, as they accompany movement, prolonging it to remind us that movement is an essential part of how Damir Doma conceptualizes a garment. Lastly, they fill a tactile, even sensual function, as illustrated by the strings placed at the sleeve’s hem, caressing the palm and moving in conjunction with the arms.
                  Thanks to Fuuma, who made the translation. <o:p></o:p>

Comment

• DRRRK
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                    Very nice when you're at the restaurant, especially when you're eating some soup.
                    Washing your hands is fun as well.

Comment

• XenoX101
                      • Dec 2008

Eternal I think the sweater is too fair/dressy for the stacked jeans/pants & dunks combo, the colours go better in the second pic with the grey jeans but the dunks still stand out a lot, personally I'd wear some thin soled shoes/boots with that fit or if I wanted to wear the dunks I'd swap the sweater for something else, but thats just what I'd do.

Comment

• BSR
                        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                        Washing your hands is fun as well.
                        Damir tassels are softcore. Try this year's CCP 'gloved' shirt and sweater.
                        pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                        Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• galia
                          • Jun 2009

I think the monochrome look really nice, but I like monochrome a lot and perhaps I have bad taste compared to Christian, I don't know

Comment

• galia
                            • Jun 2009

I think the monochrome look really nice, but I like monochrome a lot and perhaps I have bad taste compared to Christian, I don't know

Comment

• Fade to Black
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by XenoX101 View Post
                              Eternal I think the sweater is too fair/dressy for the stacked jeans/pants & dunks combo, the colours go better in the second pic with the grey jeans but the dunks still stand out a lot, personally I'd wear some thin soled shoes/boots with that fit or if I wanted to wear the dunks I'd swap the sweater for something else, but thats just what I'd do.
                              the sweater isn't dressy; the pic probably doesn't show the details very well but the entire bottom part is shredded.
                              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

I think with the gray pants, it's perfect, Eternal.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎