Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • morsto
    • Nov 2008

For me RO has to have some "trashyness" in the outfit. Christian is, imo, much too elegant (in lack of a better word) to pull RO off well. The outfit is way too nice, clean, ordered and needs some chaos. I get the same vibe from that type of outfit which I also get from businessmen dressing up as motorbike riders in the weekend when they ride their shiney harley.
    In this case it's just a pair of shiney high tops instead. My 2c.
    I do not recognise the vessel,
    but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• black beach
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by JoniF
      Ay, what do you mean by mismatched? I like it because it's aesthetically appealing to me, personally, and the concept of placing a hem in between the zippers of a shoe is pleasantly interesting... And since you stated that the unconventionally shaped pants and the jacket make his outfit "something", are you supposing that the addition of the high-tops detract from his outfit since the opposite of "helping" is not helping? If so, how do the high-tops detract from his outfit and what, to you, makes a "great outfit"? I can only assume that you mean that they're too flashy and that they add even more flashy-ness to a super flashy outfit, ehh?
      sorry, i don't see how the (tenuously tagged) "concept" of hems between zippers is interesting.

yes, the opposite of helping is not helping. yes, the hi-tops detract.

what makes a great outfit is such a massive question in scope that i wouldn't even know how to begin answering it (read: i don't know.) i would say there are no strict qualifiers - the best ones likely happen by chance or improvisation.

Comment

• Magician
        • Jul 2008

Someone emailed me a pic from a Halloween performance

I'm in Julius, "Lady Gaga" is in Margiela.
        Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• Chant
          Banned
          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by morsto View Post
          For me RO has to have some "trashyness" in the outfit. Christian is, imo, much too elegant (in lack of a better word) to pull RO off well. The outfit is way too nice, clean, ordered and needs some chaos.
          Interesting, but I think RO is also designing more formal clothes, like this jacket, that can be worn formaly - in a quite elegant way, you're absolutely right. At least, this is what I do. (I could say as well, in a provocative way, that I don't care at all about what I'm supposed to do. RO maybe has to have some "trashyness" in the outfit, I do it my own way) .

In this case, the pants have the regular cut of the swinger pants, insipred by the oversized basketball shorts, and therefore streetwear.
          But the version I have are a very heavy, quite stiff ones, which hold their shape properly, they aren't slouchy at all. In addition, the fabric is not like the usual RO ones, it's a nice, almost precious textured cotton.

And even though I know that it is aesthetically correct now to say, everytime a pair of RO sneaks appears : "Fuck, they're to clean, dirty them !", I don't want to do it, but keep them as an clean object.

The hem of the trousers put into the half opened zipper :
          - if you put the hem over the sneakers the outfit is disbalanced, since the trousers are too large.
          - if you put the trousers over the sneaks with the zipper completely close, it bunches too much for my taste : not elegant enough.
          - if you do like I did, it bunches right and, in addition, seen from the back, the outfit looks almost classic. The contrat between front and back is yet interesting.

And joniF is right ( I always like reading his post, they bring great reflexive analyses in this thread) : the outfit is indeed made to focus the look on the sneakers.

Originally posted by black beach View Post
          what makes a great outfit is such a massive question in scope that i wouldn't even know how to begin answering it (read: i don't know.)
          If you don't know what you do or what you think, then, literally, what you do, or think, is nonsense.

i would say there are no strict qualifiers - the best ones likely happen by chance or improvisation.
          Not to detract the importance of improvisation in art, but if you think that things happen by chance or improvisation, you should have left school at 5, and not made any studies at all, since they would have been helpless.
          Don't remember who said (P. Valéry ?) : "The first verse is given by God (= insipration), the rest of the poem by work".

Sorry for the very long reply, and don't take it personaly, I'm just trying to explain what I do and think.
          Last edited by Chant; 11-18-2009, 03:44 AM.

Comment

• holger
            • Mar 2009

GREAT = MonaDahl
            Video

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT
            SZ Stock ausm Arsch und entspannen!

Comment

• Raw
              • Oct 2009

My first post here. Out today to meet up with stereophobic, nice meeting you man.

Comment

• fenrost
                Banned
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Raw View Post
                My first post here. Out today to meet up with stereophobic, nice meeting you man.
                ok.. the picture have definitely reaffirm that i saw you and stereo in EM today... haha...

Comment

• crz
                  • Apr 2008

i thought stereophobic was from sydney? should organise a syd meetup

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MonaDahl
                    I don't think I am creepy enough for this page

perfect, love it.
                    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Raw
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by fenrost View Post
                      ok.. the picture have definitely reaffirm that i saw you and stereo in EM today... haha...
                      haha, and he asked me if I bought the triple buckles from you when we were there lol

Comment

• Raw
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by crz View Post
                        i thought stereophobic was from sydney? should organise a syd meetup
                        Yeah he came down to Melb for a flight to Malaysia.

Comment

• fenrost
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2009

haha, and he asked me if I bought the triple buckles from you when we were there lol
                          hahaha.. let's move the discussion to melb thread.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                            • Mar 2007

Hey Raw, love the Ann sneaks...BUT I feel the pants/jeans isn't doing them justice.
                            Not sure about the fit of the Julius top too...

Comment

• Raw
                              • Oct 2009

The picture doesn't really do the sneakers justice with the jeans I think, but yeah I think I'm gonna try them with cropped pants. I find it hard to photograph these thin Julius tops coz they're so soft they kinda drape over my hip area weird when I'm just standing still. So I kinda arched my back a little to sorta pull it up so that's maybe why the fit looks a little off. They definately work better with layers underneath, it's just way too hot in Melb right now for that though haha

Comment

• TRSltd
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Pasternak View Post
                                Longneck sweater: Labeled
                                Jeans: Labeled
                                i knew you're SZ trolls

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰