Comment

• Oh weh mir
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by anatomicut View Post
      great coat
      if possible.
      can you please explain about fabric.
      really interesting fabric.
      Yes, it's fiberglass mat. It comes rolled up like carpet wholesale. Usually it's coated with resins or what have you, layered, and so on.

This is the exact same material, it's woven glass fibers as fabric that has been tailored. Tighter and finer than wicker mat, but similar in terms of the pattern. Because it is uncoated (though it has been treated with something, but I can't tell what. It's probably whatever gives it it's color) there is nothing preventing the fibers from becoming dislodged. They then proceed to cling to things, usually piercing them. The fibers break off at varying lengths and the very small ones could be inhaled. There is tag accompanying the coat, telling the buyer that the coat is not for wear.
      Despite all this, it is wearable, and on the few occasions I've worn the coat around indoors, there has been no irritation. I have had a fair level of exposure to the material in the past though. A friend of mine barely touched it and complained for hours. Depending on the light the coat can appear almost silver, other times, it looks grey/black/blue/etc. For now it is just a collectors piece, but I'm sure I'll wear it out someday.

Hope that helps.
      I'll post pictures in the CCP thread in the near future, along with a proper waywt photo. It's currently residing in it's box for protection, as the fabric is fairly brittle and I am afraid hanging or folding could damage it.
      Last edited by Oh weh mir; 12-01-2009, 07:55 AM. Reason: Shit grammar, probably still pretty bad.
      Originally posted by AVALANCHE
      is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• Fade to Black
        • Sep 2008

oh_wer_mir: wonderful look. the coat is great.
        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Sombre
          • Jan 2009

Samurai coat is pure win.
          PETT coat is pure win.
          Fibreglass coat is pure win.
          So many great coats!
          An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
          I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• BSR
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Oh weh mir View Post
            Fibers do stick to everything, and they are glass. [...] It just destroys all other clothing it touches.
            Originally posted by Oh weh mir View Post
            A friend of mine barely touched it and complained for hours.
            So next level! And do you have other CCP coats?
            pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
            Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• anatomicut
              • Jun 2009

thanks for informations.
              this is real collector piece.
              super nice!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

Andrew are u wearing that in la or Copenhagen?
                we buy the same pants. the sam still lingers in my mind as a worthy oven piece but never found one in small on sale. (my inbox floods) I tried on that outfit at the store, it's an exciting look. in this case close to runway is prob a good thing and difficult to get away from although I would like to see you personalize it more as you did with the hof Paris high collar photo that's not in the hof.
                up + crot look good and nice photo essays.
                Faust a good rain coat is an often overlooked key to any wardrobe. I like the military cut.
                the fiberglass coat should be worn by the anti hero in a sci fi film. Christian bale starring natch.
                not the person I assumed would get that coat
                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• DRRRK
                  • Aug 2009

Maybe I am too much stuck in my "form follows function"-aesthetic, but what is so great about a coat which destroys other clothes? More spectacle than proper function.
                  It is a piece of art and I think it is a beautiful piece but the accompanying tag says it all in my opinion.

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

not just other clothes. other people.
                    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                      not just other clothes. other people.
                      whatchout!!!!!!
                      there may be lawsuits for injuries inflicted
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

"Hell is other clothes." Woot! I think I hit on something!!!

Edit: Thanks, pnod! I agree as well. This jacket makes me come back to the whole tech fabrics discussion. I am always fascinated with outdoor gear and its engineering. Of course the missing piece is the aesthetic. So I don't see anything wrong with high-end designers like Junya and Jun (haha!) using these fabrics.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DRRRK
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          "Hell is other clothes." Woot! I think I hit on something!!!

I'm impressed. Two quotes combined.
                          On a bad day the misanthropist in me can get very strong.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Well, by that I simply meant the clothes you want and don't have. Which I suppose can go for people as well.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                              Andrew are u wearing that in la or Copenhagen?
                              we buy the same pants. the sam still lingers in my mind as a worthy oven piece but never found one in small on sale. (my inbox floods) I tried on that outfit at the store, it's an exciting look. in this case close to runway is prob a good thing and difficult to get away from although I would like to see you personalize it more as you did with the hof Paris high collar photo that's not in the hof.
                              stucco = la. pants are an ace in the hole. I had no lust for the samurai until i tried it on at archive, very unique to the season and rick, wears like a heavy winter coat, so wearing it open is rather pointless [and non-plausible]. it's a outfit dominator, being that everything else you're wearing becomes background noise. no question to close to runway to call, but hard to get away from. more personalized to come..oh and b&p was great, thanks for the tip

ccp bondo coat is next level, I don't think I could even be in the same room with that thing without getting attacked by fibers, another ccp torture device, ..did you know all this before you bought it? true baller ccp collector [if you weren't then you are now]

Comment

• DRRRK
                                • Aug 2009

Faust, I understood that. It just seemed a fitting occasion to say that I often regret that my negative comments a predominant.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎