Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

so you bought my small from the archive doh!
    it's not too hot to wear that in la? I thought 55 below max
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
      • Nov 2006

60-40s..maybe i should clarify an LA winter coat..with a sheer rick tee balance is achieved.

sissyp come with mannequin and glass case?

Comment

• Oh weh mir
        • Oct 2008

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I know fiberglass pretty well, so I knew what I was getting into. I never put it directly against my skin.

I would say that it is more than just a piece of art. Unlike the belt rug, or extra big ass glove, this can be worn by a person of much shorter stature. Also, it's warm as all hell.

The tag: is more than likely there for legal reasons, and for people without common sense.
        Other Clothes: I have a mild allergy to wool, which happens to be what all of my other coats are made from. I'm used to taking precautions. It does no damage to poplin or tyvek, nylon, or any pressed synthetic. You can simply use one of those sticky rollers they sell at hobby stores and everything is right as rain. The first thing I take into consideration when buying clothing, is other clothing.
        Other people: fuck 'em. It's not like I'm fan dancing through a pediatric burn ward while wearing the damn thing. I've worn it in my own home a couple of times. The last thing I take into consideration when buying clothing, is other people.

That's about it... if it kills me, burry me in it.

EDIT: On lung bleed, I'm aware. But this isn't loose fiberglass, it's mat, and it's not being worked with or under extreme stress. I have a mask/hood/several types of protective suits if it ever came to that, but I think it will spend the majority of it's life in its baggie.
        Last edited by Oh weh mir; 12-01-2009, 12:08 PM. Reason: LUNG BLEED
        Originally posted by AVALANCHE
        is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• MikeN
          • Nov 2007

fucking amazing andrew. if they ever re-release that coat sans velcro I'd be all over it.

Comment

• kompressorkev
            • Dec 2006

so many awesome fits. this past week or so is what the waywt thread should be!

Comment

• Stack
              • Jan 2008

Andrew's killing it, love the shit out of your past couple of 'fits

now all this thread needs is wire and diego to make a contribution and this place would get the scorpion mask-removal treatment
              once you get off the drugs and the alcohol, that's when you realise how dark you really are

Comment

• DRRRK
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Oh weh mir View Post
                Other people: fuck 'em.
                This one's great.
                Honestly, this is the only attitude you should have when you buy your clothes.

Comment

• mesh
                  • Dec 2006

Not feeling the ccp coat everyone is raving about, looks very un-ccp to me actually.

The fiberglass coat on the other hand is a work of art.

Comment

• nicelynice
                    • Oct 2009

First time posting here, and probably not too often, because my personal style isn't always in line with SZ aesthetic, and I don't think anyone would enjoy me clogging this up with pictures of APC jeans, tennis shoes, and flannel shirts

Anyways,

Triple layer viscole/wool scarf from Japan
                    Jeans are N. Hoolywood
                    Boots are Veronique Branquinho

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                      • Nov 2006

Thanks guys, this place is coming alive...stay tuned

Originally posted by mesh View Post
                      Not feeling the ccp coat everyone is raving about, looks very un-ccp to me actually.

The fiberglass coat on the other hand is a work of art.
                      Same coat, different material, is it not?

Comment

• Chant
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2008

Nice outfit, Andrew, but I'm not absolutely sure that the hooded samourai works : the unformal hood contrast too much with the very formal X shape of the jacket. only way to make it work, wear the hood on the head, which is not always possible.

Another pic of yesterady, to show BSR's CCP outfit. And allow again many members to send him PMs about the fit, the fabric, the sizing, etc.

Comment

• Chant
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2008

And an old one, found it yesterday in the HD. Like the mood of it.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                            Nice outfit, Andrew, but I'm not absolutely sure that the hooded samourai works : the unformal hood contrast too much with the very formal X shape of the jacket. only way to make it work, wear the hood on the head, which is not always possible.
                            Thanks Ch, my personal feeling was that the design of the hooded samauri was the original, as it seems most true to form. The way the hood is constructed and designed to appear as one piece of fabric being folded around the head, almost in mobius-like form seemed far more harmonious, while the 'cut' high neck seems more of a quick edit to the original design. I agree that hoods, in general, are a less formal gesture but in this case, the hood is designed in way that lets it sit quite flat...like this..

Comment

• Chant
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

Yes, I agree, but it's almost impossible to have it stay like on the runway . Did you succeed ?
                              But you maybe don't care, and it's also a way to wear it.

Comment

• tomatous
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by croatoan View Post
                                Abandoned neighborhood in Seoul..
                                so you thought it was abandoned..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰