Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • galia
    • Jun 2009

pony will inevitably get bald patches, I have a bag made entirely of it and I have to be careful to always wear it the same way, because I try to keep the baldness localised to one area where it rubs on my hip. bald pony doesn't look that bad, the leather underneath is very smooth

However, combats are supposed to look rough, so it will probably end up looking really cool.

Comment

• theetruscan
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by black horizons View Post
      Besides, Ann footwear quality is always top-notch, I don't think you could get more durable pony boots, as far as I know.
      Eh, they're alright. But, don't mistake well-made designer footwear for real well-made footwear. Compare a pair of Aldens, far from high-end, to a pair of Ann D boots and it's immediately clear the Aldens are much better made. Compare a pair of Aldens to a pair of John Lobbs, f'rinstance, (the ones made in the UK, not the Hermes ones), and the comparison is just as straightforward on the side of the Lobbs. Recent Ann boots aren't bad quality, but they're far from top notch. I haven't seen older Ann boots, so I have no thoughts on their quality.
      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by galia View Post
        Galia, this is my favorite from you, very elegant.

Funny Black Horizons that you are obsessing over pony hair now, because when I tried to convince you that the Viridi-Ann pony hair boots were where it's at you didn't seem to agree.
        http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Dropt
          • May 2009

Originally posted by klue View Post
          details on jacket/pants Je?

comfortable fit + liking the colour combination
          Thanks all. I forgot to take some beauty shot of the top, i'll surely do next time. And yea, the jacket is DD, SS 2009. Pant is Bassike (Australian brand, proxied by Dji).

Originally posted by JoniF
          The colors transition nicely... Until your pants meet your shoes. I'm personally not a fan of the whole black-bottoms-white-footwear combo. Nevertheless, everything looks fine to me, from colors to textures to fits.
          yeah, i recently bought some black DBSS i was looking for, after a long search over the japenese internet. So i'm reduced to sneakers right now. I should receive them pretty soon though, via Hide-san!

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Mona,
            whether or not i am one of the guys on the Forum you like or not
            I think this look is great.........one of the best I've seen from you, and that really being honest.
            I don't like the sweater, only because i don't like the company that made it, but it works here,
            this look reminds me of early Olivier Theyskens........... a look i really like alot
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Enaml
              • Apr 2009

Details on scarf/sweater/cardi, mona? This is ace. I agree with zamb.
              How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                • Mar 2009

Mona, those proportions are working for me. I mean, they are not clean and well balanced, but there's something almost hieratic here that entirely rests on this visual weight and gravity. You look somewhat unreal, like an odd figure in a dream. This is strange and beautiful, really.

Simply put, I like this look, even if I can imagine why you don't.
                I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• galia
                  • Jun 2009

Mona I love it, especially since I've been in a long skirt phase lately. I should take a pic with the pearl RO I received this morning, so we may promote the cause of ankle-length together

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                    • Nov 2006

beautiful wire, so perfectly simple with that yohji edge.. really diggin those contemp corbu specs, an obvious choice of course.

interesting seeing all the head-to-toes lately, proof they can be made to be your own...doing yohji and ann proud

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by wire.artist
                      MonaD, classic
                      you read my mind again. also, you look absolutely fantastic.

Mona, i think you look really lovely,
                      i agree with m-m about the proportions.

Originally posted by galia View Post

detail shot of the top. you can also see the ancient locket containing the ingeborg bachmann quote, so it's a two-in-one laika special today

i love this so much, the combo of the drapey top, your glasses
                      and the locket--so romantic yet austere.
                      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                        • Mar 2009

Wire, this is really good. I love your last outfits.
                        I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                        I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                          • Nov 2007

really nice wire. all your latest fits are awesome!
                          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• chameleon
                            • Jun 2008

yeah, seriously fantastic, wire!

Comment

• Servo2000
                              • Oct 2006

Absolutely love the fit, wire. As always.

Originally posted by Dropt View Post

Waiting for some boots to come in.
                              I'm going to do like always and say this looks fantastic with the sneakers. Keeps with the theme of the outfit to me a little better than boots would - it feels very light, comfortable, modern and athletic here. I feel like boots would ground it too much. It would still work but I think the sneakers give a better 'impression.' I personally like the pop of white at the bottom - adds some dynamic from the top to the bottom rather than a straight gradient from grey top -> black bottom.
                              WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• chameleon
                                • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
                                I'm going to do like always and say this looks fantastic with the sneakers. Keeps with the theme of the outfit to me a little better than boots would - it feels very light, comfortable, modern and athletic here. I feel like boots would ground it too much. It would still work but I think the sneakers give a better 'impression.' I personally like the pop of white at the bottom - adds some dynamic from the top to the bottom rather than a straight gradient from grey top -> black bottom.
                                Agree with this, I think the sneaks works vibes well with the rest of the outfit. I think the sneaks themselves look real good too, sorta beat up and dirty + I like the shape.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎