• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XenoX101
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by snafu View Post
    marko :( with those boots tone everything else down way too much going on
    Have to disagree, I think that's whats not working at the moment, by toning everything down they stand out more than anything. I think they would look good with strong black & white pieces and maybe some navy, I think subtle hues like brown or green would get overwhelmed, grey could work though.

Comment

• MikeN
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Marko View Post
      I am still trying to figure out how to work these into outfits.
      Hope you've got a plan B.

Comment

• Also showing a picture with overcast daylight instead of flash might give people a more objective view of how they actually look.

Comment

• Chant
          Banned
          • Jun 2008

Let me play the vieux con. Strong pieces need a strong personality, or, at least, a strong idea of what you want to achieve. I don't see any of this in any of your pics. Looks like you saw some light inside SZ, entered and bought unwisely the whole stuff.

And I strongly disagree with "The paint it black" facility. I'm a kind of fetichist, and I think that one's works, even it's not art, deserve more attention than that.
          It reminds me the story of a friend. Someone was visiting her atelier and said, in front of a painting : "Oh, I love this !!! I want it !!! Could you do the same, but in rosa ?"
          If they don't work for you, don't dye them, but sell them.

Comment

• sshum88
            • Dec 2007

Agree...the pics taken indoors with flash likely make the red look even brighter than what it actually is. I like to see what these look like in natural light. Is it closer to the ones that the guy in the white suit standing in the church is wearing?

I would not wear my pants tucked into the boots for now...wait until the boots have been beaten up and worn...just so that the gaze is not just directed towards your feet. I love to see these after a few years of wear and tear. Personally I wouldn't dye them but then again red is my favorite color.

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
            Also showing a picture with overcast daylight instead of flash might give people a more objective view of how they actually look.
            Originally posted by eat me
            If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
              • Mar 2009

I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
              I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Chant
                Banned
                • Jun 2008

Nice colours.
                You're wearing lighter shoes than the usual Alden's ?

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                  • Mar 2009

Those are lighter Aldens, but Aldens still

Comment

• dndy1840
                    • Sep 2008

These corduroys make you look ten years older

Nice colors as usual, but I have to say I am not a big fan of this one.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                      • Mar 2009

Yeah, this is no big stuff. But I can't help but liking the shape of those pants.

Are we seeing you in Paris this saturday ? French crew is supposed to have a meeting !

Comment

• dndy1840
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                        Yeah, this is no big stuff. But I can't help but liking the shape of those pants.

Are we seeing you in Paris this saturday ? French crew is supposed to have a meeting !
                        Nope, not yet. Still recovering from exile.

But maybe next week, or the week after for sure !

Comment

• BSR
                          • Aug 2008

je ne serai pas là non plus moi, samedi prochain
                          pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                          Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Christian View Post

And I strongly disagree with "The paint it black" facility. I'm a kind of fetichist, and I think that one's works, even it's not art, deserve more attention than that.
                            It reminds me the story of a friend. Someone was visiting her atelier and said, in front of a painting : "Oh, I love this !!! I want it !!! Could you do the same, but in rosa ?"
                            If they don't work for you, don't dye them, but sell them.
                            what did the painter say?
                            I would imagine she said "sure, Thank you so much for your love of the work. I can paint a version for you if you pay me 50 percent up front. 50 on completion."
                            and what if you perceive there to be no market to sell them to? what then?

i respectfully disagree ;) your kibitzing here feels unrealitisic, it is a fashion forum after all.
                            Last edited by philip nod; 12-28-2009, 11:12 AM.
                            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• seenmy
                              • May 2009

in my opinion at the minute the boots just seem to be owning you in the picture,as mentioned by somone else its about making it so the boots just become part of you,I dont think the boots need changing they are just something you have to have a very clear idea of what you want to do with them or they will just come off as crazy red boots.

Comment

• Marko
                                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                                Let me play the vieux con. Strong pieces need a strong personality, or, at least, a strong idea of what you want to achieve. I don't see any of this in any of your pics. Looks like you saw some light inside SZ, entered and bought unwisely the whole stuff.
                                I will have to respectfully disagree. I do think that my photos do not capture my "personality" or perhaps attitude but maybe you would not feel the same way if you actually saw me. I am going to keep wearing the red boots, tucked or untucked as the mood strikes me, and they will only get better. I like the way they look and I like the way I feel when I wear them- maybe sometime this will come across in a picture of me.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎