Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stretcheroo
    • Nov 2009

I'm with Jogu -- as long as YOU like the way they look and YOU like the way YOU feel when you wear them, rock 'em. That attitude will come through.

Originally posted by jogu View Post
    yehhhhh see i like this kinda mindset, wear them babies out and dont let someone stop u cos they dont like them. theyre good boots even w/ tha bright color. nothin is universal and there will always be haters; long as u enjoyin wearin them then u got ur $'s worth
    Originally posted by Marko View Post
    I will have to respectfully disagree. I do think that my photos do not capture my "personality" or perhaps attitude but maybe you would not feel the same way if you actually saw me. I am going to keep wearing the red boots, tucked or untucked as the mood strikes me, and they will only get better. I like the way they look and I like the way I feel when I wear them- maybe sometime this will come across in a picture of me.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
      • Nov 2006

eternal - love the silhouette and color palette & the pieces you choose to put it all together, nothing lazy about it...

Comment

• coup de grace
        x
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Eternal
        Just to jump in on the RO/drkshdw worn "lazy" discussion that came up, this is how I do it when it get´s too cold for lighter coats.

Sorry about the creepy eyes, kind of liked them right there.
        i like your plant what's with the white ribbon

Comment

• jogu
          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by merz
          respectfully, i have to disagree. never mind the red boots - no amount of swagger and attitude can compensate for seriously awkward proportions. call it anti-fit all you wish, but we should try to remain somewhat objective here, else it really does become a forum for postin' up pictures and pattin' each other on the back.

feels redundant having to say this.
          i dont think anyones sayin people shouldnt post negative opinions on someones fits, not everyones gonna like everythin but im just commendin him for wearin wotever he likes regardless of anyone elses opinion
          i dont rly see anythin wrong with the proportions on his fit pic, i bet if those boots were black more people would have said yayyyyyyy

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

half assed pic, sorry. rick leather, m.a+ knit, poell od cotton trousers, augusta boots.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Peasant
              • Jul 2009

^And a nice bag too. Enjoy your stay.

Comment

• merkuri
                • Sep 2009

which leather was warm enough for nyc today?

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

it was decent with some layers, evening was super chilly though
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• merkuri
                    • Sep 2009

tomorrow is supposed to be brutal. fyi. bundle up. it's the dad in me.

Comment

• Epoc
                      • Dec 2008

Eugh. Lucky yesterday was a warmer day for a first timer in NYC.. Cold as hell today because of the wind and trying to hunt down stores would have been brutal. lowrey I think I saw you outside I.F the other day ? Good looking Augustas

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

could be, was around there sometime in the afternoon.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Sorry that I could keep you away from giving money to Atelier for only one day ;-)
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
                            • Sep 2008

i really like those trousers, lowrey.
                            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• XenoX101
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                              Let me play the vieux con. Strong pieces need a strong personality, or, at least, a strong idea of what you want to achieve. I don't see any of this in any of your pics. Looks like you saw some light inside SZ, entered and bought unwisely the whole stuff.

And I strongly disagree with "The paint it black" facility. I'm a kind of fetichist, and I think that one's works, even it's not art, deserve more attention than that.
                              It reminds me the story of a friend. Someone was visiting her atelier and said, in front of a painting : "Oh, I love this !!! I want it !!! Could you do the same, but in rosa ?"
                              If they don't work for you, don't dye them, but sell them.
                              Have to agree with all of this, I hate to talk about the person so much when we are meant to be talking about their clothes, but I do see the conflict here in the persona portrayed vs. the loud boots. It's not to say there is anything wrong with either aspect, just that together they don't seem to match. As an example I can picture snafu wearing those boots like a second skin.

I will slightly contradict myself though in saying that I am glad that Marko has decided to keep wearing them, as maybe with time they will become more a part of him, especially since he clearly enjoys them. I don't think many people can put a piece of unique, strongly styled clothing on and automatically feel at ease or comfortable with it, so in a way it's understandeable that on first attempt with these boots Marko may not have been 'succesful' in integrating them.

I also agree with the problem of 'painting it black', I take it as an insult to the designer and his vision, the boots were clearly intended to be bright red and not dyed. True you can do what you want with them and I doubt the designer would mind, but principally I don't agree with distorting someone's vision or ideas particularly if your reasoning is "they are easier to wear this way".

Originally posted by Eternal
                              Just to jump in on the RO/drkshdw worn "lazy" discussion that came up, this is how I do it when it get´s too cold for lighter coats.

Sorry about the creepy eyes, kind of liked them right there.
                              I really like this, the jacket is just the right size, the sleeve and body length are on point. The scarf matches the stacking of your pants perfectly and I think anything more involved than your take on the buzz cut would've looked contrived and out of place, well done.

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

last week it was cool to dye
                                this week uncool
                                again, it's easy to call this one from the bleachers
                                I would throw up a pic of Martin kippenbergers Gerard richter coffee table
                                but what's the point
                                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎