• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AKA*NYC
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by snafu View Post
    as promised some better photos that show the leather coat

i know it's wrong to quote photos but this coat is the mother of all dopeness and you wear it perfectly.
    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• comedyzen
      • May 2009

Weather Permitting

I will admit that I only wear my Sunday best on nice days. I live in the Bay Area and it has been raining all week. I have been wearing my Nike rain boots, Gap pants, and HH rain coat...nothing that exudes the StyleZeiteist essence. I just don't want to get my Julius/Attachment boots wet nor my RO jacket/Undercover coat damp, etc. I do not own any fashionable rain gear.

Does style come before function for you SZ's. Is your fashion like the mailman? You dress to the 9's through rain, sleet, and snow? Or does fashion take a step back when its pouring rain?

Comment

• ironman
        • Apr 2008

get an umbrella?

Comment

• Sombre
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by comedyzen View Post
          I will admit that I only wear my Sunday best on nice days. I live in the Bay Area and it has been raining all week. I have been wearing my Nike rain boots, Gap pants, and HH rain coat...nothing that exudes the StyleZeiteist essence. I just don't want to get my Julius/Attachment boots wet nor my RO jacket/Undercover coat damp, etc. I do not own any fashionable rain gear.

Does style come before function for you SZ's. Is your fashion like the mailman? You dress to the 9's through rain, sleet, and snow? Or does fashion take a step back when its pouring rain?
          Recently people have posted either standing in snow in some expensive leather-soled shoes, or in leather jackets during snow flurries. I wonder how they do it. I guess a lot of people here like it when their clothes age, so it may not a big problem. Personally, I don't like it to look like I've owned my clothes for (hard) years, so I try to take care of them as much as possible. That includes avoiding precipitation.

For rain and light snow I wear a mac and rubber riding boots, and carry a canvas messenger; I always carry an umbrella for such weather. If there's going to be a blizzard I grab the Columbia snow jacket and what at first glance appear to be man Uggs (but they're not). They're waterproof and warm. The best $20 shoes Payless has to offer .
          An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
          I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• anatomicut
            • Jun 2009

snafu
            nice !!
            if you want to sell that leather coat
            let me know
            i missed ebay auctions.

Comment

• Avantster
              ¤¤¤
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by wire.artist
              the fisherman knit is addictive, I had to keep mine after wearing it 10 days in a row . Now I'm gonna try to use it as an overcoat, looks very nice over a jacket.
              Thanks! It's so comfortable it's even better wearing it as a huge cardigan/blanket at home.
              let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Thanks guys, but I think I look stupid in those pictures :-) No discredit to the photographer! About the jacket, I agree - looked like shit on the hanger too, until I tried it on.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                  • Jan 2010

What a wet day today. Very windy too. Managed to take the Jacket out. Still too warm for KL though. It's alright if I stay indoors.

MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Fade to Black
                    • Sep 2008

snafu - that coat is leather nirvana A+
                    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• mrbeuys
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by comedyzen View Post
                      Nothing to do with 'style', but I buy things to wear them, whatever the weather or occasion. I soaked my Samurai in the rain, I tore my supersoft Rick leather (again) the other day, etc. I don't trash them, but I use them and I feel that actually makes them mine.
                      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• mike
                        • Dec 2006

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

avantster, you are a sight for sore eyes....
                          so serene, i love it.
                          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                            • Mar 2009

Same thought. This is elegant, calm and playful at the same time. Quite a challenge to reach this.
                            I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                            I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Chant
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

Lowrey wondering : "Hum... Which one should I kop ?"

Comment

• Chant
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2008

Avantster

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                                This is elegant, calm and playful at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎