X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chant
    Banned
    • Jun 2008

Some things need time, and you have to give time to time to let them grow.

When I was a child, I wanted to become a Indian when I'd grow up.
    Untill I understood that it was not a profession.
    And that all the Indians had been exterminated.

This is the other feather necklace I own.

Comment

• Chant
      Banned
      • Jun 2008

Virtual gift for Interest1 from the Ann showroom

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

/\ so precious
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chant
          Banned
          • Jun 2008

/\ The trouble in the layout - the black neclace isn't parallel to the other ones - has been caused by Faust's hands in person .
          Five minutes later, a guy from the showroom came and saw it.
          He immediately cleaned the glass shell and restored the initial order.
          That's the way things go in Ann's showroom.
          Last edited by Chant; 01-27-2010, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

/\ They are a highly professional team.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sombre
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
              He summed it up best by pointing out something significant, yet often overlooked or trivialized: which is that it doesn't matter if anyone can essentially hang a feather on a chain and save themselves all that money. What matters is that someone else came up with an original IDEA that gave birth to something YOU now covet, and how we should honor this reality is by compensating it. This matters as equally as the level of its quality or the designer name it bears, and perhaps even more so. There's someone on the forum whose signature says something like "an artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision", which couldn't be more true in this case. You might be BUYING a feather on a chain–but you are PAYING for an idea. And when that idea moves you, no matter how simple it may be, there is no putting a value on it.
              Fortune cookie wisdom.
              An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
              I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

For those who wanted to see the fit pic of the CDG Evergreen blazer with chains. With Ann Dem vest and top and CDiem bag.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tomatous
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                  On the contrary: it's only bad ideas that end up costing us; never the good ones

He summed it up best by pointing out something significant, yet often overlooked or trivialized: which is that it doesn't matter if anyone can essentially hang a feather on a chain and save themselves all that money. What matters is that someone else came up with an original IDEA that gave birth to something YOU now covet, and how we should honor this reality is by compensating it. This matters as equally as the level of its quality or the designer name it bears, and perhaps even more so. There's someone on the forum whose signature says something like "an artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision", which couldn't be more true in this case. You might be BUYING a feather on a chain–but you are PAYING for an idea. And when that idea moves you, no matter how simple it may be, there is no putting a value on it.
                  Very well put and true!

Sometimes originality sparks inspiration..

(My rendition of the feather on a chain. Not nearly as beautiful, but different in its own right. )

Ann didn't invent the feather necklace, she just perfected it

Comment

• huckleberry
                    • Jul 2009

Havnt posted in here for a while.

The hall is in the midst of being redone hense the half white wall.

Comment

• MoFiya
                      • Sep 2007

Please stop posting pics with those derbies... They make me wanna empty my bank account everytime I see them.
                      You are tall, as well aren't you huckleberry? Doesn't the high sole look odd in a way?
                      IMO the sweater is a bit too tight... Maybe it will stretch out for a more relaxed fit.

tomatous - I am proud I quoted you in my sig when I see that fit pic :-)
                      I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                      But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• huckleberry
                        • Jul 2009

Yer it is a little tight at the moment, only worn it here and there so I'm hoping it will stretch out over time. Its a size 50 and im a 48 so I'm guessing it will ease out. I just wont wash it for a while.
                        I found them strange at first, but I've grown used to them. By far my favourite pair of shoes (only have 4 at the moment so not hard). If you ever get a chance to get some you should, dont worry about being tall you get used to it after one wear or so.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                          • Mar 2009

So, people, this will probably be my last WAYWT pic for a long time. To put things simply, sometimes you have to admit that the frenetic interest with which you invest certain fields is just an easy way for you to avoid facing much more difficult and important matters. I've come to the point where I can't ignore any longer that in the past two years the loss has by far passed the gain. Time to react.

I will still be reading you, though - as I will be happy to meet some of you again, in june or anytime.
                          I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                          I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Avantster
                            ¤¤¤
                            • Sep 2006

/\ Keep in touch, my aesthetic brother in arms. I wish you well.

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                            Some things need time, and you have to give time to time to let them grow.

When I was a child, I wanted to become a Indian when I'd grow up.
                            Untill I understood that it was not a profession.
                            And that all the Indians had been exterminated.
                            Ah, now it makes sense. I think I understand you a little more now.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            For those who wanted to see the fit pic of the CDG Evergreen blazer with chains. With Ann Dem vest and top and CDiem bag.
                            Looks good, and quite natural with the Ann vest - quite unexpected for me!
                            let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

/\ yes, for me too, actually. i just decided to try it and it worked. love the buttons overload. thank you.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tomatous
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post

tomatous - I am proud I quoted you in my sig when I see that fit pic :-)

..oh wait. damnit!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎