Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ironman
    • Apr 2008

i like the side profile shot; as others said, i think the jacket fits you well minomni

Comment

• minomni
      • Oct 2006

thanks dudes, despite the structural / material rigidity and precise fit it's still quite agile..

by the way, i apologize but i did not intend to make an inadvertent advertisement for auctioning off my closet. this is not the case as i'm not selling any poell items, it was simply a refernce to the jacket. please do not send further pms requesting information.

Comment

• Chant
        Banned
        • Jun 2008

I'd say he's right : a tad - and maybe more - too big for him.
        Bit I agree : pic is nice indeed.

Comment

• ironman
          • Apr 2008

well, i wouldn't say it's large on him because, perhaps i am wrong, but i feel that CCP leathers aren't meant to be worn tight

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

Originally posted by ironman View Post
            well, i wouldn't say it's large on him because, perhaps i am wrong, but i feel that CCP leathers aren't meant to be worn tight
            I may be conditioned by the Dick Shrinkwrap, but I look at that picture and think it's too big, especially when paired with the tight pants and boots. Sissyp or not.
            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• minomni
              • Oct 2006

the profile photo is a bit misleading as the jacket is unzipped, it's quite fitted through the torso and while the sleeves appear to be more accomodating than usual, it's only due to the fact that there are two layers of leather to the elbow joint [the inner being the gloved layer and cut very slim].

Comment

• Sombre
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by fenrost View Post
                echo what merz said, fitted you as if it was made for you.

hof in my book.
                Sorry fenrost, I don't mean to pick on you (the same goes for minomni) but this post reminded me of a point I've been wanting to make.

The HOF nomination for this post smacks of status through name recognition, which I think is widespread on this forum. The picture is of no great quality, nothing can clearly be distinguished except the CCP gloved leather jacket, because it is so shiny. As the other pieces cannot clearly be distinguished, I'm at a loss as to how this outfit would be the apex of personal style on the forum. (Like I said, I'm not picking on minomni; the outfit may indeed be very good - I just can't tell from the photo.) It seems to me that the only characteristic that elicited this HOF nomination is the very noticeable CCP jacket.

This is by no means the only example. A lot of people here give more respect and admiration for a brand or designer than a specific piece in question. Like merz mentioned, I've seen people post CCP fits here looking horrible, only to read subsequent comments along the lines of "Great CCP!" and "That's 'dope'" when, to my eyes*, it is anything but. I know people here have respect for artisans and experimental designers, but in any other context such comments would (rightfully) be called brand whoring.

*So that this doesn't sound like anti-brand bitching, I'll tell you what I'm talking about (but I refuse to name names). I mean people posting tailored CCP items, which I gather is cut very well, only to show pants pooling around their ankles, or dress shirts billowing out of pants, or coats cutting at the fingertips.
                An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• fenrost
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                  Sorry fenrost, I don't mean to pick on you (the same goes for minomni) but this post reminded me of a point I've been wanting to make.

The HOF nomination for this post smacks of status through name recognition, which I think is widespread on this forum. The picture is of no great quality, nothing can clearly be distinguished except the CCP gloved leather jacket, because it is so shiny. As the other pieces cannot clearly be distinguished, I'm at a loss as to how this outfit would be the apex of personal style on the forum. (Like I said, I'm not picking on minomni; the outfit may indeed be very good - I just can't tell from the photo.) It seems to me that the only characteristic that elicited this HOF nomination is the very noticeable CCP jacket.

This is by no means the only example. A lot of people here give more respect and admiration for a brand or designer than a specific piece in question. Like merz mentioned, I've seen people post CCP fits here looking horrible, only to read subsequent comments along the lines of "Great CCP!" and "That's 'dope'" when, to my eyes*, it is anything but. I know people here have respect for artisans and experimental designers, but in any other context such comments would (rightfully) be called brand whoring.

*So that this doesn't sound like anti-brand bitching, I'll tell you what I'm talking about (but I refuse to name names). I mean people posting tailored CCP items, which I gather is cut very well, only to show pants pooling around their ankles, or dress shirts billowing out of pants, or coats cutting at the fingertips.
                  lol. i know these sort of comment will come along, thus i said, in my book. no one should necessarily agree.

** anyway, i should elaborate my comment, this donkey leather is not for everyone, not for me either. but see others can wear it well, it's another thing. :)
                  Last edited by fenrost; 02-08-2010, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Chant
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2008

I mean people posting tailored CCP items, which I gather is cut very well, only to show pants pooling around their ankles, or dress shirts billowing out of pants, or coats cutting at the fingertips.
                    Interesting point of view. Not sure CCP is supposed to be worn with classic elegance. I'd like to think, with other famous CCP experts, that his garments are designed to have a kind of elegant awkwardness.
                    Last edited by Chant; 02-08-2010, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

I mean people posting tailored CCP items, which I gather is cut very well, only to show pants pooling around their ankles, or dress shirts billowing out of pants, or coats cutting at the fingertips.
                      I know this is only a side note of your post, but I feel obliged to comment.

regarding trousers stacking, Poell himself has done various pant types that have very long legs and variety of stacking, bunching etc. going on. he cuts sleeves very long, so even with the exact right size, the cuffs on coats and blazers are low. so I think its safe to say that his work is very much about distorting the typical.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2009

A lot of people here give more respect and admiration for a brand or designer than a specific piece in question. Like merz mentioned, I've seen people post CCP fits here looking horrible, only to read subsequent comments along the lines of "Great CCP!" and "That's 'dope'" when, to my eyes*, it is anything but. I know people here have respect for artisans and experimental designers, but in any other context such comments would (rightfully) be called brand whoring.
                        I can't echo this enough and have had this discussion with a few people before. Regardless of brands, people need to dress to their body type and personality, something which is sometimes neglected

Comment

• minomni
                          • Oct 2006

not offended, i understand it has little to do with my post; subjective terriory of course, but i can agree that certain implicit biases are made evident here as the degree of enthusiasm may seem incongruous with what is shown. though in this case fenfrost's nomination was clearly qualified, and in the end not one in earnest.

can't agree with the traditional definitions / conceptions of fit and proportions; it clearly isn't a matter of imprecision as you suggest..

Comment

• Sombre
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                            Intersting point of view. Not sure CCP is supposed to be worn with classic elegance. I'd like to think, with other famous CCP experts, that his garments are designed to have a kind of elegant awkwardness.
                            I think you wear it with classic elegance, and it certainly looks dashing like that.

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                            I know this is only a side note of your post, but I feel obliged to comment.

regarding trousers stacking, Poell himself has done various pant types that have very long legs and variety of stacking, bunching etc. going on. he cuts sleeves very long, so even with the exact right size, the cuffs on coats and blazers are low. so I think its safe to say that his work is very much about distorting the typical.
                            I know he likes to distort proportions, but I find much of what I described aesthetically displeasing within the confines of traditional menswear (which even CCP falls into in that situation, at least outwardly). Stacking (which I differentiate from pooling) is an effect I think becomes more striking with exaggeration, like those Rad Hourani pants someone is selling in the Classifieds. If pants are wide at the hem and only two or three inches too long, it looks like the wearer forgot to have them hemmed or doesn't care. Lack of interest in matters of appearance seems to go against the CCP vision.

EDIT: @ minomni, this is difficult to argue since I'm not giving evidence, but the situations I have in mind I think were within traditional confines, at least that is what I assume, given the described occasions.

EDIT2: My original post (the portion quoted by Venus in Furs above) applies not only to CCP. I chose him because 1) that was the outfit in question, and 2) his clothes seem to be the most insulated from criticism on the forum.
                            An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                            I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• BeauIXI
                              • Nov 2008

To be fair to Fenrost, "HOF" has become somethig of a colloquialism
                              for exuberant appreciation of an outfit.. Thank P Nod for inserting SZ into the cultural experiment initiated by HOF...
                              Originally posted by philip nod
                              somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• fenrost
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2009

ok, next waywt pls.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎