Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • comedyzen
    • May 2009

Faust, I always respect your candor. That said, let me return the favor.

Million for you, my first. Enlighten me, I will be happy to click on any link you send as I am slowly working my way through the 24,000+ posts on WAYWT (and other threads).

Nonsensical post? If that is how you feel, more power to you sir. I'm sure many others will stand by your side too. But fashion for me is completely subjective. Always. Would you agree that fashion is a form of art? When you set "factors of more objective nature" in play, that is when it gets bogus. Perhaps I stand firm on this because I do not work in the industry.....thus our differing opinion but unlike you, I will respect yours.

BANNED!!!

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    While some of this is true, there are other factors of more objective nature. I don't know why I am responding to another "wear what you feel like/taste is purely subjective" nonsensical post - we've been through this a million times already...

Comment

• Sombre
      • Jan 2009

^You might want to edit the last part. It comes off a bit confrontational.
      An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
      I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• beardown
        rekoner
        • Feb 2009

comedyzen,

With all due respect, I think one of the hallmarks of SZ is that there is a higher standard going on here.
        I like to think of this place as a hub where people who are interested in design, aesthetic, shape, form, function, texture, material gather.

There are tons of places on the internet where people can post images of themselves wearing whatever they throw on for a particular day.

That certain standard sets this forum apart from the many others not because it's a super high standard but because it's representative of most of the members here.

I think that's all that's going on here to be honest...a little bit hazing, which isn't a bad thing when you can look at images of people and tell they're more interested in taking photos of themselves than they are in discussing and learning about clothing and designers.

Everyone is welcome to join and discuss and learn and get involved but some members almost seem to sign up just to post photos of themselves and that's never been the focus of SZ.

I like to think of the WAYWT as a thread where people put into practice what they learn from other discussions in other threads on here.
        And I've learned over my year here that the advice in this thread is generally sound and democratic.
        The forum is made up of designers, artists, writers, people who work in fashion...to be honest, a lot of intelligent people with pretty sound ideals in terms of aesthetic. But it's those standards we all hold ourselves to that we often hold to others when giving advice and feedback.

That's all...just my impression.
        Originally posted by mizzar
        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

thanks to beardown, I often don't need to type at all
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
            • Jan 2010

Thanks for the criticism y'all, and beardown has a very good write up there.

Overcast day today! Might be able to layer. Let's see if I'm going somewhere indoors.
            MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• genevieveryoko
              • Sep 2009

a few pages late and a bit off topic but I never tire of the sneakers on you, Christian

http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• stereophobic
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Farkhanyassin View Post
                Thanks for the criticism y'all, and beardown has a very good write up there.
                Well I certainly hope you take notice of what he said here...

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                a little bit hazing, which isn't a bad thing when you can look at images of people and tell they're more interested in taking photos of themselves than they are in discussing and learning about clothing and designers.
                As well as what kbi said probably which pretty much sums up the source of the ire on the forums towards you.

Originally posted by kbi View Post
                it's simply disgusting to buy shit for the sake of it..
                An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• mw000
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Farkhanyassin View Post
                  Spot on, you have a good eye. Thanks for the criticism though. Next time I'd ditch either the gloves or the gold watch.

I'm looking at some vintage watches that aren't too over the top. Patek is nice but the price is catastrophic for such simple aesthetics.
                  I'm a watch enthusiast as well and find it sometimes hard to match certain pieces to your outfit. I usually leave the sportier and flashier pieces for suits or outfits with sharper more "modern" materials. I'm personally a big fan of AP as you must be too.

I find that when you wear fabrics and leathers with heavy patina and texture, stainless and worn gold looks good.

Asides from Patek you could look into vintage IWC pilots or someting like a vintage Jaeger Le Coultre Memovox or Reverso. Most modern day Panerai marina or Radiomir with the right strap would look good.

Aged leather straps and plexiglass crystals of vintage watches blends nicely with beaten and antiqued leather jackets and boots. It doesn't look too new and out of place.

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by stereophobic View Post
                    Well I certainly hope you take notice of what he said here...

As well as what kbi said probably which pretty much sums up the source of the ire on the forums towards you.
                    Yes, I've read it thoroughly. This is all the little tidbits that can help me pull through to become a better person, in real life, and in this forum.

Originally posted by mw000 View Post
                    I'm a watch enthusiast as well and find it sometimes hard to match certain pieces to your outfit. I usually leave the sportier and flashier pieces for suits or outfits with sharper more "modern" materials. I'm personally a big fan of AP as you must be too.

I find that when you wear fabrics and leathers with heavy patina and texture, stainless and worn gold looks good.

Asides from Patek you could look into vintage IWC pilots or someting like a vintage Jaeger Le Coultre Memovox or Reverso. Most modern day Panerai marina or Radiomir with the right strap would look good.

Aged leather straps and plexiglass crystals of vintage watches blends nicely with beaten and antiqued leather jackets and boots. It doesn't look too new and out of place.
                    Nice! I was looking at some Reversos and Marinas too. I'm going to my usual shop later on to see what vintage stuff they have.

And you're right, aged leather straps and some worn gold looks good if implemented into texture heavy outifts.
                    MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                      thanks to beardown, I often don't need to type at all
                      Second. But what will happen when his one year tenure turns into a two year tenure and he will get sick of the stupid noobs too?
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Second. But what will happen when his one year tenure turns into a two year tenure and he will get sick of the stupid noobs too?
                        he will start an academy and start teaching the techne logon
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Nullsleep
                          • May 2008

love that last one from you, interest1.

Working on my thesis now, so I haven't been around as much. Snapped this pic tonight while taking a break to go for a walk in the snow.

Comment

• kuugaia
                            • Feb 2010

What I was wearing today. Interesting fact is that my girlfriend today ran a red light...got hit by a car...which then flung her car into 2 stationary cars on the opposite side of the road. Eye opener.

Continuing on with sneak-week:

Last edited by kuugaia; 05-14-2010, 01:38 AM.

Comment

• mortalveneer
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                              What I was wearing today. Interesting fact is that my girlfriend today ran a red light...got hit by a car...which then flung her car into 2 stationary cars on the opposite side of the road. Eye opener.

Continuing on with sneak-week:
                              Gosh...hope she's ok...

New julius purchases looking goood...is that juliusx2 on top and rickx2 on bottom?
                              I am not who you think I am

Comment

• Raw
                                • Oct 2009

I like the combination of the two tops. Hope your gf is ok mate.
                                Last edited by Raw; 02-11-2010, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎