Clear All
  • Dropt
    • May 2009

Eternal, i know i'm repeating myself, but

Comment

• Sombre
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
      Lol, thinking of the worst situation are we? She was the one who took the WAYWT photo. And yes she is perfectly fine for those worried. In the past she has rear-ended me and totaled my car. Drove through a brick fence and crashed into a house. And then today's fiasco. Luckily enough, all of which she has gone through injury free. Not even a visit to the hospital.
      Glad she's ok. Not to make light of it, but your girlfriend needs driving lessons.
      An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
      I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

co-sign, this is obviously off topic but sounds like something should be done before her luck runs out.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• mortalveneer
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
          co-sign, this is obviously off topic but sounds like something should be done before her luck runs out.
          yeah if I had that kind of luck I'd be buying a whole lot more lottery tickets than I am currently...
          I am not who you think I am

Comment

• snafu
            • Apr 2008

maybe she should go to specsavers?

(just a joke)

Comment

• theetruscan
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
              Get her a driver. Cheaper than 5 more cars.
              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• christianef
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                comedyzen,

With all due respect, I think one of the hallmarks of SZ is that there is a higher standard going on here.
                I like to think of this place as a hub where people who are interested in design, aesthetic, shape, form, function, texture, material gather.

There are tons of places on the internet where people can post images of themselves wearing whatever they throw on for a particular day.

That certain standard sets this forum apart from the many others not because it's a super high standard but because it's representative of most of the members here.

I think that's all that's going on here to be honest...a little bit hazing, which isn't a bad thing when you can look at images of people and tell they're more interested in taking photos of themselves than they are in discussing and learning about clothing and designers.

Everyone is welcome to join and discuss and learn and get involved but some members almost seem to sign up just to post photos of themselves and that's never been the focus of SZ.

I like to think of the WAYWT as a thread where people put into practice what they learn from other discussions in other threads on here.
                And I've learned over my year here that the advice in this thread is generally sound and democratic.
                The forum is made up of designers, artists, writers, people who work in fashion...to be honest, a lot of intelligent people with pretty sound ideals in terms of aesthetic. But it's those standards we all hold ourselves to that we often hold to others when giving advice and feedback.

That's all...just my impression.
                great post. this is the only part i disagree with ( though i understand why you mentioned it.) this forum is full of well informed people and there is an awesome exchange of ideas and opinions more often than not with regard to design and aesthetic, but i dont think for this what are you wearing you necessarily have to put into practice what you've learned here in other areas. it may be true in a sense but it sounds kind of clockwork black. i love this forum for the common ground and interesting debates and lots of things, but in all honestly it hasn't really shaped how i dress at all or really influenced my fashion morals just happens to coincide with it and them. maybe thats just me but like i said i understand why you said it in this case, so maybe im off topic.

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by christianef View Post
                  great post. this is the only part i disagree with ( though i understand why you mentioned it.) this forum is full of well informed people and there is an awesome exchange of ideas and opinions more often than not with regard to design and aesthetic, but i dont think for this what are you wearing you necessarily have to put into practice what you've learned here in other areas. it may be true in a sense but it sounds kind of clockwork black. i love this forum for the common ground and interesting debates and lots of things, but in all honestly it hasn't really shaped how i dress at all or really influenced my fashion morals just happens to coincide with it and them. maybe thats just me but like i said i understand why you said it in this case, so maybe im off topic.

Maybe you were born as a well learned adult, Christianef.
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• comedyzen
                    • May 2009

Beardown,

Thank you for the interpretation of SZ. I agree with all, very well written. I wish everyone possessed your class when addressing a noob. However, my point somehow got morphed into something else. Just wanted the kid to not kowtow to every single opinion he got...that's all. Fashion to me is subjective, but I now get the purpose and objectives of SZ w/respect...thus I am dropping this.

Would love to see more pics of your pad. I am trying to sustain your WAYLT thread because I would like to where everybody lives.

Comment

• christianef
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                      Maybe you were born as a well learned adult, Christianef.
                      ahha dont take me wrong i still learn lots and get inspiration from different members like interest1 and andrew and lots more.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by christianef View Post
                        I completely feel the same way...
                        http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• jogu
                          • Jun 2009

homme plus
                          undercover

Comment

• Fade to Black
                            • Sep 2008

looks goooood, jogu. Comme + UC = Perfect Match.
                            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                              looks goooood, jogu. Comme + UC = Perfect Match.
                              Nothing like a friendship united by clothes. Looks good, jogu.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kuugaia
                                • Feb 2010

Nice Jogu. I also notice you're wearing 3/4 pants. Care to post the whole body shot cause I'm interested how the bottom looks.

Snafu: That video is gold haha!

Theetruscan: I was her driver for 2 years after her house accident...she recently just started again driving frequently and then this happened. Got photos but it's not really waywt so case closed. Some people are just cursed in certain aspects of life :\

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎