Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DRRRK
    • Aug 2009

^I can assure you she is keeping up the good work.
    I have enjoyed the j-pants for one day before I sent them back for some minor adjustments. They will be worth every cent. Actually they were so good that I ordered a double-layered l/s too. I can't wait to get these pieces.

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
      ^I can assure you she is keeping up the good work.
      I have enjoyed the j-pants for one day before I sent them back for some minor adjustments. They will be worth every cent. Actually they were so good that I ordered a double-layered l/s too. I can't wait to get these pieces.

Really respect your support of us independents man...........I am sure Adeline feels the same
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Enaml
        • Apr 2009

better pics, eternal?
        How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• christianef
          • Feb 2009

you wear your carpe diem boots in the snow (storm)? yikes, you're not scared they get salt marks all over?

Comment

• CommieRabbit
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Eternal
            christianef, I wear them every day when I feel for it, snow or rain, it does not matter. They are just shoes, and I usually just wipe over them when I get home. If I were afraid for my shoes, they would not serve the purpose I need them to serve.
            Word.

I find it bizarre some people choose to purchase tall, sturdy looking footwear which are commonly referred to here as work boots or combat boots and decide to baby them. Pretty certain most "baller povera" pieces were conceived with the intention of wearing them hard.

I figured it was one of the reasons the forum found this sort of footwear more appealing rather than more old-school bespoke kind (except fuuma).

Well, probably a more worthy discussion for another thread.

Comment

• Oh weh mir
              • Oct 2008

Agreed on maintenance issue. If it's not a shoe than it's a shoe shaped art object and shouldn't be worn at all. I try to keep dress shoes/boots as pretty as possible, but in most cases a leather good's worth is determined in part by its prospective longevity. I don't just walk around with my foot in dead horse's ass for kicks. It's for protection.
              Originally posted by AVALANCHE
              is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• fenrost
                Banned
                • Mar 2009

might be few pages late.. but lowrey's fit is , safe and classy, yet there's some sort of "x" factor element, in this case.. "+"

Originally posted by christianef View Post
                you wear your carpe diem boots in the snow (storm)? yikes, you're not scared they get salt marks all over?
                should move this discussion to the value and aesthetics, or the pricing/reselling thread.. :\

Comment

• BeauIXI
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Oh weh mir View Post
                  I don't just walk around with my foot in dead horse's ass for kicks. It's for protection.
                  Nice wording.

Shoes should be hardy, otherwise all one is buying is a false sense of privilege or maybe a fulfillment of aesthetic appreciation..

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                  No idea who smthy is but I think it was written in jest?
                  Obviously taken out of context now that magician magically changed the words across his face.
                  Ohh, oops, I thought smthy had taken the image and replaced "internet" with Styleforum.. My mistake. My apologies, smthy.
                  Originally posted by philip nod
                  somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• christianef
                    • Feb 2009

hmm no offense, and please send me a pm if im out of line because im not trying to start an argument, but paying 40$ to put rubber heel caps on your shoes which everyone said they did before and then pretending you dont care about salt marks which can ruin your shoes way easier in 5 seconds seems strange??? its not even about the re-selling price, it will actually ruin the basis of the aesthetic which you claim to believe in. "otherwise all one is buying is a false sense of privilege or maybe a fulfillment of aesthetic appreciation.."
                    yes, so what's the matter with this.
                    i actually respect to some level this degree of detachment but i wouldnt ever pretend to believe completely in it. 1 dollars shoes still look ugly with salt stains all over. if i tried to sell you salt stained carpe dimes for 1200$ you wouldnt consider it for a second because you dont want them to look like that, so perhaps it is a matter for the price thread, but realistically its not. again wear your clothes as hard as you want i just thinks is a bit strange to not try to protect them more. and i have tons of nice shoes :) sorry to bring it up you look good eternal either way!

Comment

• francojean23
                      • Sep 2008

letting the uppers on your shoes wear slowly is a lot different than letting your soles get beat to shit so fast and to such an extent that they can't be worn anymore

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

hmm no offense, and please send me a pm if im out of line because im not trying to start an argument, but paying 40$ to put rubber heel caps on your shoes which everyone said they did before and then pretending you dont care about salt marks which can ruin your shoes way easier in 5 seconds seems strange??? its not even about the re-selling price, it will actually ruin the basis of the aesthetic which you claim to believe in. "otherwise all one is buying is a false sense of privilege or maybe a fulfillment of aesthetic appreciation.."
                        yes, so what's the matter with this.
                        i actually respect to some level this degree of detachment but i wouldnt ever pretend to believe completely in it. 1 dollars shoes still look ugly with salt stains all over. if i tried to sell you salt stained carpe dimes for 1200$ you wouldnt consider it for a second because you dont want them to look like that, so perhaps it is a matter for the price thread, but realistically its not. again wear your clothes as hard as you want i just thinks is a bit strange to not try to protect them more. and i have tons of nice shoes :) sorry to bring it up you look good eternal either way!
                        My shoes aren't that affected by the weather to be honest, just need to clean them when you get home and it has been raining/is salty. Leather cleaner + good polish if needed and they're good to go. Conditioner if needed. I don't wear dainty dress shoes in the snow but aside from that I don't really bother.
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• christianef
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by francojean23 View Post
                          letting the uppers on your shoes wear slowly is a lot different than letting your soles get beat to shit so fast and to such an extent that they can't be worn anymore
                          slowly? didnt you read my post i said in 5 seconds. maybe its just me ive had salt mess up reversed calf for good after brief exposer to the wicked evil snow! maybe i just hate the cold. sorry guys, nevermind.

Comment

• Fuuma
                            • Sep 2006

slowly? didnt you read my post i said in 5 seconds. maybe its just me ive had salt mess up reversed calf for good after brief exposer to the wicked evil snow! maybe i just hate the cold. sorry guys, nevermind.
                            Maybe its the material, I mostly wear regular calf and it does ok under the rain and cleans up well. I also use shoe trees...

The two pair of CCPs I owned (wild pig and horse) were both indestructible. I still have the horse and they haven't really changed since I got them (can't see a difference) and it's been a few yrs. I don't watch the weather with those, they're tougher than Chuck Norris.
                            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• BeauIXI
                              • Nov 2008

Suede shoes are more prone to damage and staining.. Not sure if reversed calf is to the same extent.
                              Originally posted by philip nod
                              somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• kuugaia
                                • Feb 2010

"...they're tougher than Chuck Norris." That made me laugh out loud.

Eternal I reckon you should do your outfit again and get a good photo of it. I really like the 2nd pic you posted, want to see the details. :)

Shoes should always be taking more care of you than you are for them. I think thats the line we have to draw.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎