Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TarHeart
    • Jun 2009

Is it really necessary to make fun of new members? If you don't have anything nice, or constructive to say. Why bother saying anything at all?

Yes, I think negative critic is something to expect when you post an outfit in a forum like this, but it does not allow anybody to be rude.

Comment

• endorphinz
      Banned
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
      I can't help but feel this is directed at me, even if you say it isn't.
      If you need a face, I will have to disappoint, if you need pictures, you shall find. If that sways you to give a 'fuck' is up to you. I am with Johnny on this.

BTW, I really enjoy your style.

Truth prevails where opinions are free.

absolutely not

my rant is one that i've had many times on many forums and is never directed at anyone......well almost never but def not this time

...............and, thank you

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        If I don't say anything, am I being nice?
        Eliabrunt, I apologize for the reception you got here, and feel indirectly responsible for provoking it by this dismissive post (but I do not take responsibility for what others say). I was in a rush to leave the house and had no time to offer constructive criticism, so here it is:

Your overall appearance seems incongruous with your outfit. I hate commenting on physical appearance, as it's something we are born with and don't have much control over, but it seems in this picture as if you are trying on a costume, or "a look." It's as if you decided yesterday to jettison your easy listening records in favor of industrial music - cultural growth does not happen overnight. Basically, you don't look comfortable in this clothing. If we consider clothes as not just a cover for your body, but a cultural experience that is congruent with other cultural experiences - then this is not working. Now, I don't know you - maybe you are a deep, thoughtful person that understands life in a certain way and what I just said is completely inaccurate, but I am just going by a picture you posted.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
          Hmm, wasn't meant to be brutal. I was trying to address the shape of the clothes, not so much the shape of his body, which I really can't and don't want to judge. Although it's easy to get carried away...
          well you were basically photoshopping him into a different body type, which imo is too much.

I have removed the post and a couple of subsequent ones. can we please stick to at least somewhat constructive commentary.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Johnny
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by TarHeart View Post
            Is it really necessary to make fun of new members? If you don't have anything nice, or constructive to say. Why bother saying anything at all?

Yes, I think negative critic is something to expect when you post an outfit in a forum like this, but it does not allow anybody to be rude.
            for what it's worth, i completely agree with this. it's not at all necessary to make fun of people, and in general it doesn't happen here, which is one of the reasons it sits above other forums. there should be a middle ground between no comments or only inane good comments on the one hand and open nastiness on the other. i do think you hold yourself open to the mercy of your audience when you post a pic, but you do chose the audience, and it's not the same as inviting everyone to be a cnut. you're entitled to expect a bit of respect.
            ps mr bueys wasn't being a cnut at all....it struck me as a humorous and relatively thoughtful way to make an obvious point.

Comment

• Stack
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
              this place is ridiculously brutal sometimes.
              trailing backwards through this thread, I was going to agree until I saw dude's pic and ...

yeah, you guy's are a bunch of dicks.

*Stack is not intimidated by that facial expression and how it tells me that he packs heat and/or has goons that do likewise*
              once you get off the drugs and the alcohol, that's when you realise how dark you really are

Comment

• swami
                • Jul 2008

ps mr bueys wasn't being a cnut at all....it struck me as a humorous and relatively thoughtful way to make an obvious point.
                Mea Cupla, Agree here and I will take responsibility for being a Cunt with an uncalled for overly blunt obvious response, Tks Lowery for cleaning it up

Comment

• cmitso412
                  • Feb 2010

RO + tigger
                  nice and simple (kind of forced as being the idiot I am I forgot to grab the bag I packed with all my tops as I was heading to the airport + it was HOT outside)
                  just thought it was a fun photo from weekend Disney trip

edit: not sure if link is working.. first post w/ picture let me know if it shows up

Comment

• Servo2000
                    • Oct 2006

'Overall appearance' is a pretty vital consideration and it can even change fairly easily, though. In general I just know that I'm only 5'7 and while quit thin I'm going to look ridiculous in a CCP overcoat regardless (or an 'extra long sleeved' rick blazer) etc... It can even be smaller things - I've been growing my hair out and it's sort of at an odd inbetween place right now that's kind of silly and so wearing my more severe clothing creates a disconnect. Right now my Ervell / Schneider and Acne* stuff looks good while my Rick Owens doesn't.

It's worth considering that maybe very body concious clothing like tight cardigans isn't for eliabrunt. If dressing this way appeals to him maybe more structured garments would be better - more quirky black tailored comme des garcons less structureless cotton, for instance.

*(on a quick note i'm occasionally surprised Acne isn't discussed even a little bit more maybe it's the lack of a single 'designer' but i think they're quite a bit more odd than they get credit for)
                    WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Peasant
                      • Jul 2009

Maybe a minimum post rule for this thread as well. Who am I kidding? Everyone loves it.

The forum is a bit like the Catholic Church. Where it should be, and likely started out as; What can I do for the forum? More often it is What can the forum do for me?
                      I know I'm stretching to make that connection.

Comment

• Johnny
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                        Maybe a minimum post rule for this thread as well. Who am I kidding? Everyone loves it.

The forum is a bit like the Catholic Church. Where it should be, and likely started out as; What can I do for the forum? More often it is What can the forum do for me?
                        I know I'm stretching to make that connection.
                        if you don't keep your wits about you, you're buggered.

Comment

• Peasant
                          • Jul 2009

Yes. I know. I was trying to make a very small link between the purpose and it's users. I can see how many more associations could be thought of and how some could be offended (sorry*).

Comment

• droogist
                            • Sep 2006

You never miss a beat, do you?

Whenever someone new wanders in here, I'm reminded of this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9cP-1kC3So

Comment

• Stack
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by JoniF
                              I'll post it for you:

my dude eliabrunt 'bout to jack this kid for his dicks *click-clack*
                              once you get off the drugs and the alcohol, that's when you realise how dark you really are

Comment

• cmitso412
                                • Feb 2010

thanks jonif for helping me out with the post. kind of hesitant posting first waywt after the responses to eliabrunt's post

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎