X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
    I think it's a bit harsh to say he doesn't suit the Nikes because he's 'normally clean cut'. Some days you wear drape, some days you wear sporty. Some days you're clean and others you're not. I like to wear all sorts of different clothes because it's well...fun. Just the other day I wore a full white adidas track suit with black stripes paired with some basketball shoes. That's just me personally though since I like to change it up. I don't think any person has 'one' particular style. Just many different aspects of it.

Also with the comfort vs. aesthetics issue. It's certainly a balance for everybody. But as zamb states...discomfort in the shoe area is probably one of the MOST displeasing.
    well this might be taking it a bit too far, unless you are going to the gym or playing some kind of sports....
    for me there are some things I personally dislike and dont wear.

I hate baggy jeans, and this has nothing to do with the modern slim fit, if you know me from I was in my teens, a slim fit dark coloured jeand with no cargo type pockets is always what I wore. I hate T-shirts with pockets, or Gaudy prints, I dont wear glasses/ shades, I dislike short sleeve shirts and usually wear a long sleeve tee underneath if I find one that I like...............I dislike other things, but this is the WAYWT thread.................
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by christianef View Post
      thanks merz. merz is perfect testimony to how ironic footwear can work. while i think it still detracts from the look sometimes (the long linea coat one namely.) in general he has the personality to make it work. sorry to assume you were clean cut bsr (based on every waywt you've posted previously minus this last one.) the pose doesnt help, but i don't think you could pull off andrew's hair-cut or these b-boy nikes. just like i cant pull off referencing the smiths like philip nod but now i know how joan of arch felt ahah

ann jacket looks great calvin!!
      actually i think we're all waiting to see what you can pull off
      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• kuugaia
        • Feb 2010

^^ It's normally for dance as I teach a small group on the weekends. But my point is merely that sometimes you wear different things because it reflects different parts of you in your life.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
          • Mar 2009

It took me some time to carefully read the last few pages, but it's been an interesting reading.

Christianef, if your point was only to stress that BSR did better in the past, I have to agree with that, even if I don't see this particular outfit as a fail. For me it succeeds in giving a rough, almost defiled and repulsive aspect to this leather jacket. The comments BSR quoted himself and the one written by Eatme sound quite accurate, in fact - even if the second one was obviously not meant in a good way.

To me BSR definitely looks here like some crook out of an imaginary warzone, on his way back to his slum after a day of dirty deeds, with an ounce of centipede's dried flesh in his pocket.

... Well - yes, of course, BSR is not really that kind of guy. At least as far as I know. As for me, I'm not living in some Dickens novel either. I assume we just love to play with fictions that nourrished us sometimes. There's nothing wrong with that.

There must be something childish and playful in fashion too, I guess. Proportions, craftsmanship, etc. are not everything.
          I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
          I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
            There must be something childish and playful in fashion too, I guess. Proportions, craftsmanship, etc. are not everything.
            really nicely put. interesting to juxtapose this with something fuuma wrote a while back that also resonated with me:

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
            Branquinho was a label made by an adult for (non-boring) adults. It's hard to understand considering dominant cultural production is aimed at adolescents of all ages (think blockbuster movies).
            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• endorphinz
              Banned
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
              .......... my point is merely that sometimes you wear different things because it reflects different parts of you in your life.
              well said.
              i dunno, IMO, the clothes you wear should represent who you are not define who you are, and, no one should be 1 dimensional.

a n y w a y.............

definitely not sz recognizable...kinda impossible cuz these labels have been defunct for many years....just anotha instance of an OLD clothesaholic going shopping in his closet.

the sweater is angora and silk trimmed with leather...it's a piece from a line my ex imported from italy 25 years ago..the boots are a pewter color in the softest leather i've worn on my feet....bought about 30 years ago from "Vittorio Ricci"..a store that was on 3rd ave....across from bloomingdales, nyc...the leather pants have been discussed previously

hey guys, if this aesthetic is not the type of stuff you want to see on sz just let me know. it's very cool. i realize this forum concentrates on a very narrow "look" and very few labels. if fits like this don't belong or offend, it's fine, but you need to tell me. i definitely know i don't belong on sufu or SF and probably don't belong here either....again, it's very cool. i love my fit and my style in general but i understand if you feel this is not the place to share it.

i'm not a troll and i'm DEFINITELY NOT APOLOGIZING for my fit(s)but i realize sz may not appreciate my steeze....or lack of it.

i've been collecting clothes for a very long time and appreciate being able to get turned on to new stuff from you "youngsters". i've got no prob just lurking and gleaning the info i seek.

i added this whole addendum because i don't wanna start shit like on other forums. it's kind of a preemptive probe for the future.

oh.....please feel free to hate anyway

Comment

• christianef
                • Feb 2009

the clothes should reflect you as a person and not define you angle is pretty vague for a fashion forum and basically just acts as a safety net anytime something looks terrible. russell brand has his own brand of british humor, good for him, he's still essentially very unfunny. you can wear whatever you want to reflect whatever you want obviously, but it can still objectively not work. thats not to say clothes cant be playful and its not fun to try different things. i remember a long time ago before i was registered even i believe somone from the komakino or in the komakino shop posted a look with all black doma and some sporty reebok type shoes and a number of people took issue with the choice in footwear. i actually thought in that case it worked on some level and dont think it does here. maybe its because im female and cant relate to the 'ball hockey' fantasy

Comment

• christianef
                  • Feb 2009

come to think of it fuuma is a good example of how to wear casual sneakers too. i think he does it better than with the ricks.

Comment

• deleuze
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                    really nicely put. interesting to juxtapose this with something fuuma wrote a while back that also resonated with me:
                    That's interesting because some of the comments also made me think of Branquinho but in a slightly different sense - the idea of making clothes for men who don't care about fashion. Maybe adults don't need to impress, or be up to date on trends or knowledgable of rules; they don't need to know every detail of a designer's life or even their impetus for designing. Why can't someone just throw on some clothes that makes them look good and feel good? What initially seems like playing a character is just in fact not giving a shit, not giving a shit about brand synergy, trends, rules, sartorial philosophy, designer provenance, in general fashion. Of course there is a fine line between this and its opposite, trying to not care - acedia is no longer such if it's not effortless.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                      • Nov 2007

good point d but wouldn't you agree with me that fashion acedia (love that word!) and fashion forum membership are mutually exclusive?

edit: actually realized this isn't exactly what you were suggesting anyway...
                      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                        • Feb 2009

Go Endorphinz! Stay: read, post, learn, teach.

Comment

• deleuze
                          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                          good point d but wouldn't you agree with me that fashion acedia (love that word!) and fashion forum membership are mutually exclusive?

edit: actually realized this isn't exactly what you were suggesting anyway...
                          for sure, which is maybe why there aren't too many men on this forum that buy Branquinho haha.

I think it would be cool to see BSR walk down the street like that but once you take your photo and post it on the forum it raises a bunch of questions so it's not a surprise that outfit in particular sparked debate. What really disturbs me is when the SZ fashionistas rag on random people they see in the streets cause they've paired one of our designer deities with something downright mundane, the sacrilege! That's definitely not worthy of a laugh in itself and falls short of any valid critique.

Comment

• eat me
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
                            <...>hey guys, if this aesthetic is not the type of stuff you want to see on sz just let me know. it's very cool. i realize this forum concentrates on a very narrow "look" and very few labels. if fits like this don't belong or offend, it's fine, but you need to tell me. i definitely know i don't belong on sufu or SF and probably don't belong here either....again, it's very cool. i love my fit and my style in general but i understand if you feel this is not the place to share it.

i'm not a troll and i'm DEFINITELY NOT APOLOGIZING for my fit(s)but i realize sz may not appreciate my steeze....or lack of it.

i've been collecting clothes for a very long time and appreciate being able to get turned on to new stuff from you "youngsters". i've got no prob just lurking and gleaning the info i seek.

i added this whole addendum because i don't wanna start shit like on other forums. it's kind of a preemptive probe for the future.

oh.....please feel free to hate anyway
                            What a load of tosh. Your fit is perfectly fine, I like the trousers and footwear in particular; I think it fits well here, actually. So stop self-hating, you should give yourself more credit than you do. And post more.

Comment

• endorphinz
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2009

^no self hate here at all. in fact quite the contrary. however, there is history on other forums that i did not wish to repeat here, therefore the discalimer.

btw: the boots are truly amazing...30 years ago and today.

.......and thank you.

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                                • Feb 2009

I like your look, Endorphinz. This sweater is nice. I would like to know which »line [your] ex imported from italy 25 years ago«, in general more about older, defunct underground labels.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎