Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TarHeart
    • Jun 2009

I don't think there is a problem for you, "not fitting in", Endorphinz. I think your style is great and appreciated by many of us. And I love the idea of having a pair of shoes for 30 years. Right now I'm looking for that perfect pair of shoes. I think clothes can be just as much about emotional value, as any other item. Well, it is not really the clothes, but the things we associate them with.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by deleuze View Post
      for sure, which is maybe why there aren't too many men on this forum that buy Branquinho haha.

I think it would be cool to see BSR walk down the street like that but once you take your photo and post it on the forum it raises a bunch of questions so it's not a surprise that outfit in particular sparked debate. What really disturbs me is when the SZ fashionistas rag on random people they see in the streets cause they've paired one of our designer deities with something downright mundane, the sacrilege! That's definitely not worthy of a laugh in itself and falls short of any valid critique.
      You are referring to some mythical creature that does not exist. It is a product of your imagination. I don't expect bullshit like this from a seasoned member, even the one whose purpose in life is being snide.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Teejay
        • Apr 2010

Endorphinz, I like this outfit despite it not being SZ labels. I lurk on other fashion forums and agree this one has a somewhat narrow aesthetic but I feel its that look that makes this one the most appealing to me. Naturally certain designers get the most appreciation here, most notably CCP and RO, but judging from other designer's collection threads during fashion weeks it's clear to me the SZ aesthetic extends beyond distressed leather jackets, boots and draped scarves. There are a few members who post in this thread such as WireArtist and Jogu in particular who don't follow the aforementioned look yet fit right in. I wont get into details WHY this is the case, but my point is that you don't necessarily have to wear the more SZ coveted labels to feel connected to StyleZeitgeist.

Comment

• endorphinz
          Banned
          • Jun 2009

i think the intention of my post was misconstrued. i was not seeking "love" but merely wished to avoid drama that has followed me in other places. it was never a question of whether or not my fit(s) is/were good enuf for sz but rather if they contained an aesthetic pertinent to sz...

well, you've all been warned!..when i bust out the poly leisure suits don't complain

Originally posted by MASUGNEN View Post
          I like your look, Endorphinz. This sweater is nice. I would like to know which »line [your] ex imported from italy 25 years ago«, in general more about older, defunct underground labels.
          the sweater is from an italian knitwear line "Antonella Ore". it was actually a women's line.....a very small boutique line and extremely expensive. i said it was 25 years ago but it was more like 30 and the line retailed @ about $350 usd..... that was major $$$ in those daze. i picked various pieces from the collection that i thought were unisex. i know i still have a few stored someplace. if i can find them, i'll post.

.......and.......... thank you

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

These discussion of "not giving a fuck" and "tastes are purely subjective, let them wear whatever" are getting rather boring. I thought we more or less agreed that SZ is about meritocracy, and that judgments are made accordingly. This presumes that those who post their outfits here care about what they are wearing. Otherwise, why do it? No one is twisting anyone's hand into posting here, so don't take it personally when you are subjected to criticism. It's getting tiresome to keep typing these same thoughts again and again. I wonder how merz and beardown do it - god bless you.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• diamonds
              • Dec 2006

Comment

• mike
                • Dec 2006

you're looking very buff

Comment

• Fade to Black
                  • Sep 2008

diamonds: the thinking man's thinking man.
                  www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                    • Mar 2009

The more I think of it, the more I come to understand that for me, spring and summer are about becoming real, when autumn and winter are somewhat imaginary seasons - seasons that drive you inward, invitating you to lock you up in a room where you can dream undisturbed. What I wear in winter is like an enbodiment of an inner landscape, when the slow approach of summer forces me to compose with reality.

Today : DVN coat and trousers, Ann D shirt, Alden.

Last edited by Mail-Moth; 04-14-2010, 09:42 AM.
                    I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                    I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

you talk pretty
                      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Ochre
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                        The more I think of it, the more I come to understand that for me, spring and summer are about becoming real, when autumn and winter are somewhat imaginary seasons - seasons that drive you inward, invitating you to lock you up in a room where you can dream undisturbed.
                        Sounds like someone is familiar w/ Bachelard's Poetics of Space.

That coat's structure is phenomenal and I love the way the two collars hit your neck.

Comment

• cjbreed
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Ochre View Post
                          Sounds like someone is familiar w/ Bachelard's Poetics of Space.
                          well....duh. who isn't?

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                            • Mar 2009

Ochre : yes and no ; I did read Bachelard in my student's years, indeed, but that feeling is far older. I guess it is pretty common. I was just trying to apply the idea to my relation to clothes, and rereading what I wrote above, I'm afraid I was just stating the obvious
                            I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                            I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Ochre
                              • Sep 2009

No, I think it was quite beautiful.

Bachelard refers specifically to inhabitable space but I think his philosophy could be applied equally to clothing. It is still space which we intimately occupy.

Comment

• merkuri
                                • Sep 2009

was never a pre-roid kunk. he was born on roids.

Originally posted by merz
                                a sort-of pre-roids kunk?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎