Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BeauIXI
    • Nov 2008

I kind of like the glasses. They give him a weird Maclom X vibe.

Originally posted by philip nod
    somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Sombre
      • Jan 2009

Farkhanyassin, I like the outfit, and as a man who wears glasses for reading, I've never understood comments I hear people make about getting "better-looking" glasses. They allow you to see, and with glasses, moreso than any type of clothing anyone will ever wear casually, one can, and indeed sometimes should, consider function over form.
      An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
      I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Fry Chicken
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by scott.m View Post
        fark, man, i just don't know.
        My exact feeling.

Comment

• kuugaia
          • Feb 2010

^^ Correct me if I'm wrong but...good looking frames perform the same function as crap looking ones? Nothing wrong with making your 'functioning' glasses look better while performing the function. :)

Fark there is no way in hell you wore that out in Malaysia humidity/heat? Haha salute.

Comment

• stereophobic
            • Aug 2009

If you wore that ensemble to have coffee with friends or just chill, it just smacks of playing dress-up when the weather in KL is 25c~34c and 94% humidity. You'd just look like a tool if you stomp around Bangsar Village or where ever it is dressed like that.
            An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• lowkey
              • Mar 2010

He just looks too body conscious. If you are gonna dress like that, you should wear it like you don't give a f***. And I think the picture doesn't really help either. Gives off too much of a I-am-playing-dress-up-for-teh-intarwebz feeling.

That said, not really a bad fit IMO.

Comment

• jogu
                • Jun 2009

i just googled the weather in malaysia , how in the hale u wear that shit in temps like that ? see thats why i still think u play "dress up" .
                when its ball soup hot outside u should tone it down . i agree with fade when he said ur wearin shit that requires more en just $$$ . u try too hard

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                  There's nothing wrong with Fark. He's just young. Kid, you're wearing clothes that require more than the funds, but rather the life experience and the gravity and personal maturity that come with it to fully appreciate and vice versa for them on you. Keep at it, it gets better.
                  Truth.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stereophobic
                    • Aug 2009

^ two up, ball soup hot made me
                    An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• Sombre
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                      ^^ Correct me if I'm wrong but...good looking frames perform the same function as crap looking ones? Nothing wrong with making your 'functioning' glasses look better while performing the function. :)
                      There is more to consider. Lens shape and material depend more on the physical condition being corrected and the wearer's lifestyle than they do on aesthetics. Good-looking glasses often involve changing one of those factors, and usually not to the benefit of the wearer, at least in my experience.

I am also opposed to criticizing the aesthetics of corrective apparatus. To me it's like saying to a stylish older gentleman with a cane, "That cane does nothing for your outfit. Get a sleek black one instead."

EDIT: In people's eyes, can Farkhanyassin do no right? Everything the man posts draws unnecessary criticism of his assumed character and/or intentions. Maybe the air conditioning at the cafe was set at 15 degrees Celsius/60 degrees Fahrenheit. In tropical countries, establishments that can afford it usually keep their interiors very cool. Either way, people are passing judgment without substantial evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                        There's nothing wrong with Fark. He's just young. Kid, you're wearing clothes that require more than the funds, but rather the life experience and the gravity and personal maturity that come with it to fully appreciate and vice versa for them on you. Keep at it, it gets better.
                        just trying out a thought here...

If it's not about the clothes, why are people in here so obsessed with them?

all it takes to carry an outfit is to love what you're wearing.

Comment

• lowkey
                          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                          In people's eyes, can Farkhanyassin do no right? Everything the man posts draws unnecessary criticism of his assumed character and/or intentions. Maybe the air conditioning at the cafe was set at 15 degrees Celsius/60 degrees Fahrenheit. In tropical countries, establishments that can afford it usually keep their interiors very cool. Either way, people are passing judgment without substantial evidence.
                          I think the fit is fine. It's just his awkward facial expression that to me says: "Am I doing this right?". Like I tried to insinuate, if he changed his posture and had a more natural facial expression I don't think he would get the same amount of criticism. If he in addition to that had been standing in front of a concrete wall (instead of a provincial home), I think people would be all over it. Glasses or no glasses.

Comment

• mononon
                            • Sep 2009

although I am not too fond of the super drapey all black Rick Owens style, it does look good Fark. I agree with others asking WTF are you thinking dressed like that in malaysian weather right now? But again, the fit is perfectly fine, although a bit unnatural looking. Maybe you are getting a lot of criticism because of your previous "evolution style" pics, and people may already have created a impression of being a "bandwagoner" (whatever that means). No hate man, just saying.
                            I personally am a huge fan of your lower half
                            calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• Magician
                              • Jul 2008

Its cuz from the neck up Fark looks like he should be wearing a tommy hilfiger warmup jacket. No hate, I am a dorky looking dude myself.

If you want to wear avant clothes you can't have neatly trimmed short hair and glasses that make you look like an engineering major at a mid tier state university.

That being said the proportion and styling is well done and suited to his body type.
                              Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• Sombre
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Magician View Post
                                Its cuz from the neck up Fark looks like he should be wearing a tommy hilfiger warmup jacket. No hate, I am a dorky looking dude myself.

If you want to wear avant clothes you can't have neatly trimmed short hair and glasses that make you look like an engineering major at a mid tier state university.
                                I'm calling total rubbish on this one. So he should have long, flowing hair like Heirloom, or a tattooed bald head like Antino of RO NY, but nothing in between can suffice? And then he should find some "cool" glasses or shove contact lenses against his eyeballs, all so his look from the neck up will match the avant garde clothing from the neck down?

Originally posted by mononon View Post
                                I agree with others asking WTF are you thinking dressed like that in malaysian weather right now?
                                Just a possibility, but worth repeating:

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                                Maybe the air conditioning at the cafe was set at 15 degrees Celsius/60 degrees Fahrenheit.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎