Clear All
  • random
    • Dec 2007

whitney, so Gothic and next level, in a good way
    I don't exist.

Comment

• Arcane
      • Jul 2008

I'm not a fan of the pants with the sneaks due to them being a tad too long, almost touching the tounge. I think full length pants would work better in this case. I do like the sneaks without laces though, they blend better with the rest of the outfit due to the lack of white.
      Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• cjbreed
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
        I dunno Christian, seems like you have outgrowned the whole sneakers-of-this-sort variety, even though you do wear them with panache. Take out the laces and the effect is even more youthful, doubly so. Your white shirt/black pants/black shoes outfit the other day was much more graceful, much more you.
        i'm still onboard with the sneakers and i think there's a time and place for almost anything and i refuse to officially outgrow my trainers. at this point its almost a nostalgic thing but imo they're a classic in the pantheon of sz approved designs (whatever that means). but i agree that without laces its even more youthful, which is a bad thing here. i'd put them back in.

christian makes them work a lot of the time, but for me what doesn't work here is that the top half doesn't go with the bottom half. its tough to pair a button down and blazer with gym/streetwear inspired trousers and sneakers. there's also something not entirely right about the pants. i don't know if its the width or the length and where they stop at the calf. i think they require a taller boot/shoe.

anyway i think a person should be able to switch it up to suit all aspects of one's personality and i love that christian experiments with so many styles.

but beaux is right ccp christian ftw...
        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

There's nothing wrong with sneakers overall, and they can work at any age (Mick Jagger wears sneakers with all his outfits, and they provide just the right visual dissonance in his case; it's completely him)...and yes they worked to brilliant effect in the Red Suit look, but here it's not doing it for me. Yet the thing is - with this outfit, because he wore those pants, i can't really see any other shoe/boot going with it as well as this. It's strange.
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Mail-Moth
            • Mar 2009

I'm not convinced by this association, Christian. I really like the upper part, but even with a shirt untucked it looks way too clean and weel-balanced to match the skrotch's distorted proportions and those incongruous sneakers.

I would have chosen facility with Doma pants and black boots - even if I must admit that I like this white dangling thing here.
            I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
            I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• whitney
              • Dec 2009

thank you everyone for the kind words .

Originally posted by Christian View Post
              waiting a bit...
              the final closing of the cardigan.
              lately i haven't had anything new to post--maybe when hide san brings me another goodie..

i actually have a few moles i'm keeping an eye on.. so lots of sunblock...........or coverup. i didn't have that in mind when i did it but everything worked out nicely.

Originally posted by thomcat View Post
              lovely whitney. maybe a bit much to ask, but i believe it would be better if you could zoom in and out! and i agree with christian's idea of victorian romanticism!
              not sure if the ibooth has zoom but i'll see next time :)
              Last edited by whitney; 05-03-2010, 12:45 PM. Reason: forgot multi-quote
              you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• mrbeuys
                • May 2008

Originally posted by Christian View Post

I know that I shouldn't say that, but this fit would be interesting as well - even better imo - with the shark sneakers, because they're higher. Have to find them.
                oh please do. Don't want to be the only freak around here.
                And I will be in Paris next week. We could be twins.
                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Chant
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2008

^ I tried them on at the RO store two times and I find them quite easy to wear, feeling is near to the elephant's.
                  Shark, elephant, etc. we should open a zoo...

Yes, let's meet next week.

Comment

• snafu
                    • Apr 2008

Im drowning my sorrows after going to the dsm warehouse sample sale and seeing a sweater i liked but not getting it, when i went back after a night of contemplation it was gone. To make it worse i found 3 Sara Lanzi bits, a Margiela skirt, and two Zero Maria Cornejo dress's/tunics for the other half, i didn't even walk away with a LOL wut chrome farts tank for £12.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                      • Jan 2008

there was a dsm warehouse sale? why don't i hear about these things... WHY DONT YOU TELL ME ABOUT THESE THINGS!

/friends off richard
                      /friends. off.

-

Comment

• snafu
                        • Apr 2008

sorry man, but i didn't see any ann there
                        i only got told through shye on here, i thought you would be on there mailing list ?
                        It was a bit disappointing for me but good if you like homme plus, and always funy to see the japanese girls go crazy when rei walked in.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                          • Jan 2008

i should be on their mailing list - ah, at least there wasn't any ann, wouldn't have minded checking for any homme+ gems either... plus i like japanese girls, /le sigh

-

Comment

• BeauIXI
                            • Nov 2008

Mr Bueys, can we please get a fit pic of those super high sneaks?
                            Originally posted by philip nod
                            somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

ch put black leather laces in your sneaks
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                                • Jun 2009

Birthday...

KKA Jacket
                                Damir Doma 3/4 T
                                Ann D Trousers
                                Alexander McQueen Shoes
                                Le 21ème

Comment

Working...
                                X