Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DamageX
    • Dec 2008

I don't see BSR as chubby. It looks more like he lost weight compared to some other photos.

Looks great! That is a very striking jacket.

Comment

• kbi
      • Feb 2009

must agree with snafu on the overall fit.

Comment

• Fry Chicken
        • Oct 2009

Definitely agree with Snafu.
        I had these thoughts for most of BSR unformal looks.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by snafu View Post
          drink more, smoke more, eat less.
          need to get this mantra tattooed on my stomach
          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• mass
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
            hdg, perhaps the time is right to invest in a Dan Wesson 38 special? The piece that doesn't sacrifice aesthetic value for stopping power. A perfect union of form and function! Now you too can be strapped in style.
            why a revolver over a semi auto?

Comment

• Ivans On High
              Banned
              • Oct 2008

I think comments on body shape are completely unnecessary, and if everyone started down that road this thread would be a constant shit fight (even more so than it is know, i mean).

I think BSR's fit looks good, and while I think the leather appears slightly too tight through the torso, I'm sure it will give a little and be perfect. The fit on the arms looks fantastic. As for the pants, I think they fit spot on and go well with the boots - I have no idea where snaf got 'elephant leg' from. And all this coming from someone who doesn't like Julius.

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

I think the items look great on BSR, and I think the first Pic is HOF worthy.
                I dont know where this idea that super slim is he human ideal has come from, it certainly has been around long enough and must die.
                I am no advocate of fatness...............frankly I really dont care. But when someone the size of BSR in the type of clothing he is wearing, is being told that the clothes is not for his Body type and people start agreeing, you know we got problems here................
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                  • Jan 2007

Perhaps one issue is that in this case, the boot tuck seems to shorten his legs? If you cover up the upper part of the boots (ie pretend he's wearing derbies or something), the proportions change quite a bit.

Boot tuck is generally something that tends to work best on scrawny guys in my opinion.
                  Originally posted by jogu
                  i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• DamageX
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by mass View Post
                    why a revolver over a semi auto?
                    In my experience, revolvers are less likely to jam and are much more reliable. The Dan Wesson packs a serious punch.

On that cold day a while ago:

Comment

• croatoan
                      • Jul 2007

I just think the tall boots laced all the way up looks rather silly. They need to relax.

It reminds me of a kid wearing a polo shirt buttoned all the way up.

(edit: in reference to BSR)

Comment

• delirium
                        • Sep 2008

damage x, the white peeking out of the dunks looks eerily white as compared to the rest of your fit. great fit on the jacket!

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
                        Perhaps one issue is that in this case, the boot tuck seems to shorten his legs? If you cover up the upper part of the boots (ie pretend he's wearing derbies or something), the proportions change quite a bit.

Boot tuck is generally something that tends to work best on scrawny guys in my opinion.
                        Originally posted by croatoan View Post
                        I just think the tall boots laced all the way up looks rather silly. They need to relax.
                        yes to monitoff and croatoan

BSR isn't close to chubby. I am chubby

definitely think it's a great fit in the vein of julius from the knee up, but the laced up boots looks a little strange.

Comment

• Bubu
                          • May 2008

DamageX, I think the sneakers look too much out of place. nice fit on the jacket though.
                          Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                            Banned
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Ivans On High View Post
                            I think comments on body shape are completely unnecessary, and if everyone started down that road this thread would be a constant shit fight (even more so than it is know, i mean).

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                            I dont know where this idea that super slim is he human ideal has come from, it certainly has been around long enough and must die.
                            I am no advocate of fatness...............frankly I really dont care. But when someone the size of BSR in the type of clothing he is wearing, is being told that the clothes is not for his Body type and people start agreeing, you know we got problems here................
                            To give valid criticism, comments on body shape are completely relevant, even necessary. The main problem with most outfits is that people don't dress to their body shape, or at least make certain adjusts for it. Regardless of your body shape, clothes should flatter you, and they can flatter you, no matter your body shape. When put together right, clothing can hide your insecurities with regard to your body.

Snaf's not saying super slim is the human ideal, he didn't even suggest that. He was merely saying that BSR's outfit seems to have been influenced by the whole rock n roll, junkie thing, a look which is not really suited to his body type.

No matter you're body type, there's clothes that are not suited for you, this is not always a negative thing, and it's naive to think this.

I'm 6ft and a size 44, there's plenty of clothes I'd love to wear but they're not really suited for my body shape. For instance, I have a lot of trouble getting Paul Harnden's jackets to fit, because the sleeves are often way too short. I know seenmy can probably attest to this. It's the same with people who are about 5'8" and a size 50 who insist on wearing Rick jackets/leathers without having appropriate alterations done (mostly to the length of the sleeves).

I know it can be a touchy subject, but dicussion about body shape is not always about reinforcing some kind of social ideal with regard to being skinny. On a forum like this, we should be able to talk about body shape in a positive manner, and help people find appropriate garments. Sometimes this means telling someone when a certain look is not suited to them.
                            Last edited by Venus in Furs; 05-15-2010, 11:02 PM.

Comment

• Raw
                              • Oct 2009

Comment

• asho
                                • Nov 2007

good time to post if you want very honest feedback...

I tent to think people of your proportions should crop rather than tuck. you really need a looser silhouette on your bottom half..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎