X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fenrost
    Banned
    • Mar 2009

bsr's waywt, i wont say it's a great one, nor it's a terrible one. it's just ok, so-so.

but comments like "chubby, eat less, smoke", bsr prolly wont take it seriously, but quite unnecessary anyway.

Originally posted by Venus in Furs View Post
    For instance, I have a lot of trouble getting Paul Harnden's jackets to fit, because the sleeves are often way too short.
    Interesting, that you take PH as an example.

It's true that, especially his outerwear are really specific for certain built. And those who wear them and post in the waywt, has been consistently wearing them really well.

But unfortunately, we have seen more unimpressive julius pics in waywt, and it's not really the garment's fault, but the lack of "tactile" experience of the garments in question. i feel.

I do echo the sentiments about not everyone can wear everything.

Comment

• Servo2000
      • Oct 2006

servo2000: statistically too average for WAYWT

thank god for the future

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

Poor BSR, I know I would feel weird if 3 pages of an internet forum were dedicated to a discussion of my body shape. IF it's any consolation, I feel the only reason people are being so critical is BSR has set such a high bar for his usual fits.

But still, I think he looks good, what would you expect of a leather/jean/boot combo? I don't think this look would be markedly improved by a looser anything. The apparent thickness of the leather means it wouldn't sit well if not cut close to the body, it would look like a floating shell otherwise. And hot damn, WAYWT has become SO f*ing picky. We're not shooting editorials here and it aint the runway. This is real people wearing clothes, nothing is going to be perfect. Yea, a size 44 on the runway on human wire hanger who doesn't even fill it out looks badass, but that doesn't mean a 48 can't wear fitted clothes in real life without looking like a jackass. **End Rant: I'm taking my fatass to bed**
        music

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

sometimes there seems to be a mix up between What Are you Wearing Today and Analyze The Living Shit Out of Everything.

can we stop this here, someone can open threads for Crackhead Diets and The ABC of looking malnourished while remaining healthy inside if necessary.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• the breaks
            • Sep 2007

You gonna write the OP for that one Arto? ;)
            Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

by fashion and washed out rock 'n roller standards I'm oversized, so I'll have to be an avid follower
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kuugaia
                • Feb 2010

Moving on.

Thought I'd do a walking shot since it's the only way to do the item justice 2D. Click for still hood shot.

edit: Individual Sentiments, Drk Shdw, CoN, Guidi, Werkstatt Muenchen.

VVVVVV
                move ment: Never really liked Friedrich Gray, but it looks quite good on you in that pic. Love the ambiance in the shot too.

Mail-Moth: I preferred your slimmer trouser looks. I have no problem with a looser silhouette but it just doesn't do it for me here.
                Last edited by kuugaia; 05-16-2010, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• move_ment
                  • Feb 2009

I like the fit from BSR, but I much prefer him in head-to-toe CCP. Seems like for now the jacket is wearing him but it just needs some wear/softening up.. or maybe he needs the SZ drug and alcohol diet.

Went away this weekend and my friend got this pic. Probably the worst outfit i've worn in the last few weeks but we happened to have a camera so I though I would share.

what are you bushwalking in today:
                  Friedrich Gray, Vintage Dries, Robert Geller, Ollllld Gumboots

Excuse the slight GQ vibe, i'll redeem.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                    • Mar 2009

BSR : I certainly like you more in CCP or RO. Julius is too tacky for me - "rockn'roll deluxe for bored yuppies" thing. Whether it be the leather stuff or the drapey things, I find it, in fact, pretty near from an expensive version of cosplay. "Let's pretend we are dangerous guys, living in a post-nuclear desert with our guitars and our guns". I know dressing-up like kids is part of the game when considering fashion (curiously more perceptible in men's fashion than in women's, as far as I can judge), but I wouldn't say the same thing about a majority of designers who get much love here.

Dressing for sure is partly about getting in touch with one's own fantasy. But Julius'vision is far too teen-related for my taste, and more than that, completely humorless (if you forget about the tags). Independently those are not real faults, but when associated, that's another story.

Today : Anatomica, MA+. Don't mind the right shoulder : the jacket really fits spot on IRL.

I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                    I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• BSR
                      • Aug 2008

no harm here... i'm ok with being a fat ass clean cut boy !

just a few words about my way of seeing my WAYWT pics, cause they seem to trigger strange reactions sometimes. most of the pics i've posted are experimental, in the sense that what i love with this thread is the possibility to have some sort of live style lab, where i can put hypotheses and have an immediate test procedure going on. it's a risky business, since there are necessarily wins and fails, and even if i would not post something that i'm positive is a complete mess, sometimes i have a doubt concerning matchings, silhouette effects and so on, and the waywt is a nice way to get some help. i could post only accomplished outfits (doing this lab thing on my own), or i could stick to a kind of look some people appreciate on me here (maybe a ccp inspired formal outfit ), but, well, i prefer to try on new things.

some excellent members here have a totally different approach, i would say a rather 'purist' one where style equals self-identity: they have found their own way, and each look they show is like a subtle variation on a well-known and adequate theme. I can think of merz, mailmoth, snafu, lowrey... i see their waywt posts as style diairies that i'm more than happy to follow, but it's just that i have a different use of WAYWT. I hope both conceptions can coexist here.

now, to comment on the last waywt, yeah it looks a bit contrived and
                      i agree with snafu and croatan about the boots problem (but it does not look any better when they are not laced all the way up: the elk leather is very soft, and the top of the boot is falling in a rather unpleasant way)... these Guidis are not easy to pair, they work very well with cropped pants or rolled up jeans, or in an other style, with a longer coat (their length appears somehow more natural when their proportions are counterbalanced by a longer outwear).

and finally, on the diet issue, i'm still hesitating between Karl's book or heroin addiction (serioulsy, beers and cigarettes are small balls): any advice?

pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

Karl was much more jolly when he was chubbs. Just look at him...
                        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• fenrost
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2009

Great post bsr.

It's good to have a disagreement. But funny when some got heat up by it. : /

Comment

• curiouscharles
                            • Jan 2008

kuugaia - what pants are those? and what version of guidis? (assuming they're guidis)

-

Comment

• Chant
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

I checked BSR's pictures ten times, since I didn't see him IRL and I trust experienced member's eye, but I cant see the chubbiness.
                              The leather is indeed still a bit tight, but it will give up, as many said.

I myself like the boots+trousers combination, because these boots are quite impossible to wear completely laced up, and I think they work well in this very fitted combination. He tried - and I agree of course of his vision of the style lab WAYWT - a very slim fit, and he succeeded in achieveing a silhouette with no rupture of continuity. And the proportions of boots/trousers/leather are great imo, with this very original touch of the boots going higher than usual. So what some here dislike is exactly what I like.
                              And I wouldn't say that this fit shortens BSR's legs, it's more the camera, with its slight high-angle shot. But people here should get used now to this kind of artefacts...

I'm sometimes surprised that some members want people to stick, not only to what suit them or their "style personality" (even though I don't know what this means actually), but to what they are used to see in the WAYWT. Isn'it a bit conservative, and lazy, perspective ? I like to be surprised sometimes - like in any strong relationship.

@Mail-moth : this outfit is far from a cosplay one, very far. I'd say, on the contrary, that BSR did there a nicely toned down Julius outfit, and a very personal one. Imo the first pic is HOF worthy without any doubt.
                              In addition, you know that one's fantasies are always connected with the childhood. So I wouldn't mind even some cosplay dressing.

Comment

• yffet
                                • Aug 2009

The rockn'roll deluxe look suits you well BSR even if its your first WAYT with that kind of stuff.
                                But The Julius is a bit too tight( "un chouya") when wearing it closed.
                                Well, Karl is a fan of Carol. Not sure about the other way around though...(Faust)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎