Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fade to Black
    • Sep 2008

Fuuma the Asian office standard black suit always got my goat too, never figured out why. That version has got to be one of the illest cut atrocities I've ever seen committed against sartorial pleasantness.

Eternal I can't put my finger on what exactly it is that makes this particular outfit look waiterly, it isn't the drop crotch, nor the 'apron' effect either. Definitely makes me wanna ask for another bottle of sparkling. Look on the bright side though, you're probably the steeziest server in the Universe.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
      • Jan 2010

I get quite ecstatic when I see an asian man in a grey suit, crisp white shirt, slim black tie and some lace-ups.

That is all.
      MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Fade to Black
        • Sep 2008

I've come to find that here, chances are if you run into someone walking around work-hours wearing a non-black suit, they are definitely not a junior level employee. It's almost as if you dare to show up in prince of wales or even grey, you are rebelling against the tier-by-tier conformity wordlessly expected of you. Have experienced the side effects of this firsthand.
        www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• mrmrhing
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Eternal
          Know I've posted these a lot, just want opinions on what works and not, but I love this getup.

Ann x2, CDGH+, Guidi
          Love CDGH+, Guidi.
          the waistcoat seems too tight, espcially outside the white shirt, is it?

Comment

• Lumina
            • Dec 2009

Eternal, I don't think that it looks like a waiter style at all, but indeed it might be better with another pant, the crotch with the black mass of the waistcoat makes a strange balance. Anyway I like the top and the boots too !

Mail-Moth, you are so right about chilhood reminiscence.
            I loved to dress up when I was a child and then after a few years of ordinary clothes, it was amazing to discover new designers and to realize that I can dress however I want. There is an indescribable pleasure in walking the street with an ankle lenght skirt or long dress when I feel like it. And for grey days and daily tasks, pants are great too). I try to have a little dream in what I wear, unordinary details, but without looking like I'm going to a carnival. It's easy with Yohji but a little harder with Comme des Garçons, some items can easily be too much.
            For example, this skirt hasn't seen the light of the day yet, I'm waiting for the right occasion. In the meantime, I wear it at home sometimes, just for the fun to put it on

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
              I've come to find that here, chances are if you run into someone walking around work-hours wearing a non-black suit, they are definitely not a junior level employee. It's almost as if you dare to show up in prince of wales or even grey, you are rebelling against the tier-by-tier conformity wordlessly expected of you. Have experienced the side effects of this firsthand.
              I always thought of it that way as well. Funny how that works.
              MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                • Nov 2007

eternal i don't mind the fit but maybe you can open up the vest, throw a tank under the white shirt, and hang one of those dangly black ann d. thorn necklaces or something around your neck. that should be sufficient to get you out of waiter territory. for bonus points paint your nails black as well.
                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Fade to Black
                  • Sep 2008

^^^

now you lookin' like the dude who runs the joint
                  www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• kuugaia
                    • Feb 2010

Sweet jesus Lumina! Put those hands away! Haha I joke. Do post a waywt if you ever wear it out. Very interested to see how you'd pull it off.

P, that is balling. The color scheme is perfect imo.

It's common Asian business culture for higher up men to be able to wear lighter suits, while the lower wear darker. I like it that way.

Comment

• Chant
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2008

Lumina, great !

Now start to move your blue hands and dance to create the world.

Comment

• Lumina
                        • Dec 2009

Some people never get over having Patrick Bateman and Gordon Gekko as their idols.
                        Haha, that's funny, I just saw Wall street yesterday evening for the first time, otherwise I wouldn't have understood the reference.
                        Personnally I don't care about the color of the suit, black, grey or navy blue, as long as it suits good !

The problem with that multiple hand skirt is also that it's very tight at the bottom, so I have to make little steps, it totally changes my walk, as I'm used to walk pretty fast. It's interesting to see how a garnment alter our body habits.

Christian : Haha, if only these hands could move and lift bags, I would wear it every time I go buy groceries ! (but indeed, creating the world might be a little more interesting)

Comment

• Chant
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                          eternal i don't mind the fit but maybe you can open up the vest, throw a tank under the white shirt, and hang one of those dangly black ann d. thorn necklaces or something around your neck. that should be sufficient to get you out of waiter territory. for bonus points paint your nails black as well.
                          I think as well that the waistcoat doesn't fit in there. It's indeed a tad tight/short and raises the gravity center of the outfit. You should try with something like a long RO or Julius cardigan, and preferably asymetrical.

Comment

• swami
                            • Jul 2008

Lumina Can the hands be used as pockets or gloves , that would be awesome!

Shiva is god of death no?

Comment

• Chant
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Lumina View Post
                              The problem with that multiple hand skirt is also that it's very tight at the bottom, so I have to make little steps, it totally changes my walk, as I'm used to walk pretty fast. It's interesting to see how a garnment alter our body habits.
                              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

At 4.22.
                              But looks like a part of the scene is missing, where the secretary has to do a little jump to climb on the pavement.

Comment

• whitney
                                • Dec 2009

wicked piece lumina :)

you can walk fast in tight hemmed skirts but it definitely makes you aware every step you take. a part of the thrill..
                                you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎